CLAUDIO RANIERI SACKED!!!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
GranadaJoe

Re: CLAUDIO RANIERI SACKED!!!

Post by GranadaJoe »

Ranieri; 250 days after last winning the league gets sacked.

Wenger; 4500 and counting.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Board sacks a manager to help secure the clubs topflight. Arsenal board keep their manager to help secure the bank account

Herd

Post by Herd »

Apparently the players had a meeting with the Owners and expressed their dissatisfaction with the Manager .

UTTER *word censored* ¬!

I really want them related

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Wilson wrote:I dont see the problem. Leicester are in limbo and something is not right. So they replace the manager to refresh things in an effort to beat the drop. Whats the alternative - continue down the current path and risk the drop out of some favour to Ranieiri for what he achieved last year? I understand it looks hard, but this is football at the highest level. No club can be 1 point above the relegation zone and pretend it is business as usual. What Ranieri did last season as phenomenal, but do Leicester City want to still be a premiership team or not?

Same with Chelsea last year, they won the league the year prior, but it all went South, and rather than say to themselves ' Jose won us the league last year, so lets give him another go', they instead mixed it up and are about to relive the experience of winning the league with a new manager.

Too many dick heads in the British media place too much value on the manager. The truth is, the manager is the most responsible and the most expendable person at a club, which means when its not going well, they so often get changed. Its the clubs who try to 'stick it out' who always get it wrong. Like us with Arsene. Head in the sands, 'we owe it to him, because 13 years ago we won the league', so we trot on with Wenger because we feel we owe him something.

Arsenal dont owe Wenger shit, and Leicester dont owe Ranieri shit. If Ranieiri cant steer keep Leicester away from the drop, WTF does he expect? Same with Arsene, if he cant find a new way to be competitive, does he expect us to pledge homage in perpetuity, simply bcause in 2004 he won the title?

Its always about the club, the club, the club.
Absolute horseshit. :roll: :lol: The game has a long and storied history of managers that were one or two bad results from being sacked but the club persisted with them and they avoided relegation. You cannot compare Leicester to Arsenal. It's not a choice of persist for 1 season or persist for 13 seasons. There is a happy medium where a club can say they gave a manager a realistic amount of time to turn things round and Leicester have not come near it, whereas we have totally overstepped it.

You are also confusing the reason for Wenger's prolonged tenure at the club with what some AKB's say on social media. Wenger is not still our manager because he won the PL in 2004. The owner and Board don't care about that one way or the other. Wenger is still our manager because he delivers what our disconnected owner asks him to deliver; 4th place and the CL qualification every season.

Belfast Boy

Post by Belfast Boy »

augie wrote:A truly disgraceful decision - since he was manager of the chavs, I always felt that he was an easy target because he is a decent likeable person. Squad rotation is supposed to be the right thing to do, but yet he got absolutely hammered for it when manager of the chavs :roll:

Unlike some of you I have absolutely no axe to grind with Leicester - them winning the league was what sport (not just football) used to be all about, and there really isn't enough david v goliath stories in pro sport anymore. They won the league playing fast, exciting football, and they should be lauded for it instead of belittling them and dismissing them a small club. That being said, they have made a poor decision, and I am thinking that it is a decision in which the club see's itself as bigger than they actually are - they are a club that will have relegation battles season after season, and sadly that one fairytale season, has ended up raising expectations to an unrealistic level and it cost him his job
Great post Augie :!:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

GranadaJoe wrote:Ranieri; 250 days after last winning the league gets sacked.

Wenger; 4500 and counting.
Jeeeezzzuss when it's put there in print - It truly IS Disgraceful.

Both ranieri being kicked in the teeth

and

Wenger being allowed to steal a living for doing absolutely NOTHING.

:evil: :box: :cussing: :censored:

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Herd wrote:Apparently the players had a meeting with the Owners and expressed their dissatisfaction with the Manager .

UTTER *word censored* ¬!

Alledgedly stabbed in the back by the likes of lazy,egotistical wankers like Vardy and Mahrez.
Fuck off and do another OK magazine photoshoot you :censored: ,don't bother trying to actually put a shift in on the pitch. :twisted: :banghead:
Last edited by Rugby Gooner on Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

postmanPat91

Post by postmanPat91 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
olgitgooner wrote:Leicester winning the prem was the best thing to happen in years. Bloody loved it. Ranieri deserves better treatment than this. Fucking disgusting.
As a side issue.....Vardy had one fantastic season. And was never ever going to have another one like it. Wenger wanted to buy him. Enough said. :roll:
I said it at the time that there was a very good chance that Vardy was having his "Rob Lee" season.

Already Nigel "I'm fookin' ignorant, Me" Pearson is being linked with a move back in there. I hope beyond hope he does get the job and gets them relegated to fuck. Despise the cúnt and his cúnt dog of a son.

If you've seen Pearson being interviewed at length (Goals on Sunday was achingly cringe-inducing) then you will have seen a thuggish, ignorant prick with ideas about himself way above his station. An arrogant cocky dickhead that thinks he is a legend in the game and could walk into the Madrid job tomorrow and become their most successful manager ever. :oops: :lol:

A brief breakdown of this utter fucking moron's "personality";

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... -City.html
Great, another fucking Wenger thread :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

postmanPat91 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
olgitgooner wrote:Leicester winning the prem was the best thing to happen in years. Bloody loved it. Ranieri deserves better treatment than this. Fucking disgusting.
As a side issue.....Vardy had one fantastic season. And was never ever going to have another one like it. Wenger wanted to buy him. Enough said. :roll:
I said it at the time that there was a very good chance that Vardy was having his "Rob Lee" season.

Already Nigel "I'm fookin' ignorant, Me" Pearson is being linked with a move back in there. I hope beyond hope he does get the job and gets them relegated to fuck. Despise the cúnt and his cúnt dog of a son.

If you've seen Pearson being interviewed at length (Goals on Sunday was achingly cringe-inducing) then you will have seen a thuggish, ignorant prick with ideas about himself way above his station. An arrogant cocky dickhead that thinks he is a legend in the game and could walk into the Madrid job tomorrow and become their most successful manager ever. :oops: :lol:

A brief breakdown of this utter fucking moron's "personality";

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... -City.html
Great, another fucking Wenger thread :D
:lol: :lol:

Top lateral thinking my friend! :barscarf: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:Apparently the players had a meeting with the Owners and expressed their dissatisfaction with the Manager .

UTTER *word censored* ¬!

Utter utter gash monkeys to a man. 90% of those crunts would never have won a single medal without Ranieri.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

The kiss of death was when he went full blow Wenger the other day :lol:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... -leicester

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

What I can't wait for is how the AKB sheeple and Keown/Merson/Cross will twist this...

"Be careful what you wish for... look at Leicester, sacked their best ever manager and got relegated!" :banghead:

:lol: :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Now Leicester City have two things I want; A recent PL title and a sacked manager!

Badum-tish! :drums:

I'm here all week! :barscarf: :lol:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Bradywasking wrote:
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
rodders999 wrote:Leicester will not win every game now that he's gone :barscarf:

They've never had it so good :barscarf:
How many league titles did they have before he arrived? He built that club. He's been in football for more 30 years.
Looook I hope he is immune to excessive reactions..
It was probably driven by "one or two people" who were not real Leicester fans and don't represent the real fans. Perhaps the players were "negatively influenced by the difficult atmosphere at home".