CLAUDIO RANIERI SACKED!!!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Rugby Gooner

Re: CLAUDIO RANIERI SACKED!!!

Post by Rugby Gooner »

And how is Zola still in a job?
Maybe he will be sacked after the Wolves game tonight,then Wenker could be the Hatrick. :barscarf:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

His statement was typically class. Very likeable bloke and didn't deserve the complete ridiculing he got from the media when he was at Chelsea (which they subsequently pretended had been affectionate).

Sacking doesn't look good. Of course it doesn't. If it's the difference between keeping them in the division or not though.... not saying that it is or will be, just saying that I don't think it's necessarily ludicrous to prioritise the club over sentiment.

Clash

Post by Clash »

In some ways this disgraceful sacking of Ranieri is another example of TV money has ruined the game as a sport.

Not only do they buy a right to dictate things .. they pump so much money into the game that club owners become obsessed with just being in the PL .... and as a result the essentially good things like patience, integrity, loyalty, respecting the domestic cups etc. are sacrificed as a result.

The PL is vastly overrated and while nobody chooses to go down, it isnt the end of the world. I bet Newcastle fans are having more fun this season than Sunderland's fans are. I bet winning the title then going down is more fun than successive mid-table finishes like Stoke have.

As for the Leicester players, did they not consider their role in why they are where they are in the table? I very much doubt Ranieri has stopped them doing the things that worked for them last year. If they had they were never gonna be near the top again but they would probably be around mid-table.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Sacked a year longer than we all thought he would last. Saying that, who knew what would happen?

Herd

Post by Herd »

So it now looks like it was a player , coaching staff revolt that did for him . And yet they insudt on denying it . I will laugh so loud if they go down.

augie

Post by augie »

Herd wrote:So it now looks like it was a player , coaching staff revolt that did for him . And yet they insudt on denying it . I will laugh so loud if they go down.

Schmeichel's interview on ssn would be hilarious if it wasn't so serious - 4 times he was asked if the players stabbed ranieri in the back, and 4 times he came out with the "no player has the power to sack a manager" :roll: He couldn't stand up and say that the players didn't meet the board to discuss sacking ranieri cos he knew that he would be caught out lying through his teeth - treacherous b**tards :evil: :evil:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Ranieri is the kind of bloke you could have a pint with down the rubbadub and a laugh - He's a genuinely nice fella you can tell it's not fake or two-faced like some of the *word censored*... What he did last season was a Miracle no other word for it...I still think had all the players been with him (not just some) and not had their own agenda he would have turned it around...It simply shows an utter lack of Class that they have sacked him and for sure a number of players did stab him in the back - I hope they Go Down along with C Palace and the fat slug Allardyce now that would be Enjoyable.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

[quote="Redarmy"]He was the bloke who thought tooth and nail to keep Vardy...using every trick in the book to stop him going to Arsenal

On the other hand Chavs come calling for Kante could not let him go quick enough.....

Still think there was something not straightforward about that Kante deal.....just a feeling

Ranieri just oiled the wheels....... :roll:

armchair

Post by armchair »

Am I the only one who is in two minds over this.

Sentimentality really has no place in football, especially in Leicesters case where they're staring down the barrell of the relegation zone.

I genuinely feel sorry for Ranieri and agree what he did last season was nothing short of a miracle. He's been rightly lauded and rewarded for that achievement.

You really cant keep a manager in place based on sentiment and past achievements. We've done that for over a decade at the Arsenal and its fuckin destroyed us. :(

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

armchair wrote:Am I the only one who is in two minds over this.

Sentimentality really has no place in football, especially in Leicesters case where they're staring down the barrell of the relegation zone.

I genuinely feel sorry for Ranieri and agree what he did last season was nothing short of a miracle. He's been rightly lauded and rewarded for that achievement.

You really cant keep a manager in place based on sentiment and past achievements. We've done that for over a decade at the Arsenal and its fuckin destroyed us. :(

nice little £3 million handshake softened the blow i imagine.....

Clash

Post by Clash »

The thing is though mate, Ranieri's past achievements in this case are only 8 months ago and were with virtually the same players. It was also a massive (even freakish) over-achievement what he managed to do.

Wenger's past achievements are in a different decade, with a different team, in a different stadium and in a different era. And considering the quality of our players back then, winning the title was not any sort of over-achievement really.

I know you were not literally comparing the two but I find both Leicester sacking Ranieri and us keeping Wenger equally absurd.

armchair

Post by armchair »

Clash wrote:

The thing is though mate, Ranieri's past achievements in this case are only 8 months ago and were with virtually the same players. It was also a massive (even freakish) over-achievement what he managed to do.

Wenger's past achievements are in a different decade, with a different team, in a different stadium and in a different era. And considering the quality of our players back then, winning the title was not any sort of over-achievement really.

I know you were not literally comparing the two but I find both Leicester sacking Ranieri and us keeping Wenger equally absurd.
Yes, they are very different set of circumstances.

Leicester are in serious danger of relegation which kind of makes things urgent. Something had to happen quickly at Leicester or they were going down.
Their board obviously felt that waiting for the manager to turn it round was a gamble they wern't prepared to take. Especially as he had quite obviously lost some or all of the dressing room.
It really was a bit of a lose/lose situatoin for Leicesters owners and because Ranieri is such a lovely, affable bloke it all seems so much worse.
He was rightly applauded and got all the acolades and awards for winning the prem in such a remarkable way.
So I can see Leicesters reasoning and harsh as it may seem, they simply had to do something.

augie

Post by augie »

armchair wrote:
Clash wrote:

Yes, they are very different set of circumstances.

Leicester are in serious danger of relegation which kind of makes things urgent. Something had to happen quickly at Leicester or they were going down.
Their board obviously felt that waiting for the manager to turn it round was a gamble they wern't prepared to take. Especially as he had quite obviously lost some or all of the dressing room.
It really was a bit of a lose/lose situatoin for Leicesters owners and because Ranieri is such a lovely, affable bloke it all seems so much worse.
He was rightly applauded and got all the acolades and awards for winning the prem in such a remarkable way.
So I can see Leicesters reasoning and harsh as it may seem, they simply had to do something.

I think that most people feel that the sacking was disgraceful regardless of the circumstances, but the fact that the players effectively got him the sack has made it a billion times worse :evil: These were anonymous unheard of c.unts before they went to Leicester, and now they feel that they have earned the right to be all billy big bollox and demand that the manager be sacked ?? Fcuk off you back stabbing crunts :censored:
I believe that if ranieri was to be criticized over anything, it would be because of his way over the top loyalty to underperforming players like vardy, morgan and huth, and it is ironic that two of them were the ringleaders in the coup that got him sacked :roll:

armchair

Post by armchair »

I see Vardy has publicly denied involvement. Schmeichel on the other hand didnt deny it.

We dont know the whole story so I can only go from the fact that Ranieri played a blinder last season, was rightly praised and rewarded and hailed all over the world. This season however, its all gone pete tong and you'd assume that Claudio has to take the blame for this too.

Maybe the players are being cuntish. You may be right if that is indeed the case but the players being cuntish does not change the fact that Leicester are in a bad way and when a manager "loses the dressing room" theres only one outcome.
Like I said Leicesters owners were in a lose/lose situation.

Herd

Post by Herd »

You can only "lose" the dressing room if the players think your weak and their *word censored* and it's very clear thats both in this case.
The Owners have almost invited this duplicity too by having these meetings rather than publicly scolding them for their laziness.
It's very clear too there was a disconnect with the coaching staff who have sided with the players against him .

I sincerely hope they go down because I hate them anyway !