When supporting 2 teams becomes a problem!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Eboue-Why?

When supporting 2 teams becomes a problem!

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Back in the 60s I was born in Lincoln. Lived there for 20 odd years. Dad took me to my first game when I was 5 and I was a regular at Sincil Bank until the mid 80s when I moved down south. In the early days they were in the old 4th Division and so as a kid you generally had a Ist Division team that you supported too. In 1971 mine became Arsenal when I saw Charlie lying on the floor! First Arsenal game was 1976. Now a ST Holder with my boy but still try and get to see Lincoln at local away games or when I'm back up north. and have done since I left home.

Now some might say it's impossible to support 2 teams but I disagree with that. Where you're born and bred can never leave you and so your 'home team' stays in your blood. Equally I've been a regular at Highbury, The Emirates and on away days for 40 years. Obviously I've seen 100s more Arsenal games than Lincoln games but the feeling as a fan at a game involving either team generates the same passion.

I always dreamed that the 2 would meet and fuck me it's happened :D I've got old school mates asking me to join them in the Clock End and so I've got a decision to make.....join them for a day out and experience something that'll probably never happen again, stay in my normal seat in the North Bank or take the easy option and don't frickin go?!?!

A couple of lifelong Gooners said to me 'Arsenal have given you some of the best experiences of your life. Let Lincoln give you another one'
My boy said 'Dad you're a Gooner...end of'
Taking out the Wenger factor and that an unlikely result would see him leave, I'd be interested to know what you would do? Is it unforgiveable to even consider standing in the away end at your own ground? Suddenly those half and half scarves aren't such a bad invention after all!!!

greengooner

Re: When supporting 2 teams becomes a problem!

Post by greengooner »

Away end buddy, where your from is where your from, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity for you and let's face it, Lincoln ain't winning (probably) so there's no downside. You will however get the chance you call our dear manager and the 11 pussys he wheels out whatever you want without his AKB window lickers interfering, also a once in a lifetime opportunity, maybe you could get a nice banner to hang in the away end!

Goonimp

Post by Goonimp »

Eboue-Why? wrote:Back in the 60s I was born in Lincoln. Lived there for 20 odd years. Dad took me to my first game when I was 5 and I was a regular at Sincil Bank until the mid 80s when I moved down south. In the early days they were in the old 4th Division and so as a kid you generally had a Ist Division team that you supported too. In 1971 mine became Arsenal when I saw Charlie lying on the floor! First Arsenal game was 1976. Now a ST Holder with my boy but still try and get to see Lincoln at local away games or when I'm back up north. and have done since I left home.

Now some might say it's impossible to support 2 teams but I disagree with that. Where you're born and bred can never leave you and so your 'home team' stays in your blood. Equally I've been a regular at Highbury, The Emirates and on away days for 40 years. Obviously I've seen 100s more Arsenal games than Lincoln games but the feeling as a fan at a game involving either team generates the same passion.

I always dreamed that the 2 would meet and fuck me it's happened :D I've got old school mates asking me to join them in the Clock End and so I've got a decision to make.....join them for a day out and experience something that'll probably never happen again, stay in my normal seat in the North Bank or take the easy option and don't frickin go?!?!

A couple of lifelong Gooners said to me 'Arsenal have given you some of the best experiences of your life. Let Lincoln give you another one'
Taking out the Wenger factor and that an unlikely result would see him leave, I'd be interested to know what you would do? Is it unforgiveable to even consider standing in the away end at your own ground? Suddenly those half and half scarves aren't such a bad invention after all!!!
Haha! I despise those half and half scarves but I shall be getting myself one. Not to wear. Just as a keepsake.

It appears LCFC are going to allow...

Season ticket holders 4 each. 1250 x 4 = potential 5000 tickets.

"Straight 8" holders 2 each. 1000 x 2 = potential 2000 tickets.

And then there's a couple of other schemes that will get priority after that. Not 100 per cent sure but it appears Arsenal don't want a pile of tickets going on to general sale.

If you really are serious about going in the away end and you don't know anyone who csn get you a ticket, I may be able to help. Won't know for sure until Arsenal stop fucking about and seno and the tickets on to Lincoln so they can get started.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Away end.

You can start the chant of "Arsene Wenger, we want you to stay"

Goonimp

Post by Goonimp »

northbank123 wrote:Away end.

You can start the chant of "Arsene Wenger, we want you to stay"
I have already decided to start off the "There's only one" chant

Goonimp

Post by Goonimp »

Danny Cowley/ Arsene Wenger scarves athe Borehamwood today. Fucking shite. But still better than the shite on Lincoln High Street - looks like a 5 years old has knocked them up. Unofficial crap but the mongs still buy it.

Clash

Post by Clash »

Eboue-Why? wrote:Back in the 60s I was born in Lincoln. Lived there for 20 odd years. Dad took me to my first game when I was 5 and I was a regular at Sincil Bank until the mid 80s when I moved down south. In the early days they were in the old 4th Division and so as a kid you generally had a Ist Division team that you supported too. In 1971 mine became Arsenal when I saw Charlie lying on the floor! First Arsenal game was 1976. Now a ST Holder with my boy but still try and get to see Lincoln at local away games or when I'm back up north. and have done since I left home.

Nice post mate.

You have to be in the away end for this tie. As Greengooner says, its a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Goonimp wrote:

Haha! I despise those half and half scarves but I shall be getting myself one. Not to wear. Just as a keepsake.

And then there's a couple of other schemes that will get priority after that. Not 100 per cent sure but it appears Arsenal don't want a pile of tickets going on to general sale.

If you really are serious about going in the away end and you don't know anyone who csn get you a ticket, I may be able to help. Won't know for sure until Arsenal stop fucking about and seno and the tickets on to Lincoln so they can get started.
Mate, I appreciate your offer and if your calculations are correct then I might well need your help!! Can't believe I'm now using this Forum for Away Lincoln tkts as well as Arsenal :D
I've sent you a PM

Goonimp

Post by Goonimp »

Borehamwood 0 Lincoln Reserves 2. FA Trophy. Into the semi final now and a 2-legged tie away from Wembley. FA Cup Quarter Final at Arsenal. Top of the league. Think I need to wake up from this dream

Goonimp

Post by Goonimp »

Eboue-Why? wrote:
Goonimp wrote:

Mate, I appreciate your offer and if your calculations are correct then I might well need your help!! Can't believe I'm now using this Forum for Away Lincoln tkts as well as Arsenal :D
I've sent you a PM
No problem mate. To be honest with you it's harder to get a ticket to Lincoln games at the moment. It's all gone bonkers.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Take your pick but if you go with the son its the Arsenal end . you can buy a lincoln scarf and clap then onto the pitch then sit back and watch us win 1-0 . Easy !

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

[quote="Herd"]Take your pick but if you go with the son its the Arsenal end . you can buy a lincoln scarf and clap then onto the pitch then sit back and watch us win 1-0 . Easy ![/quote

Nope the boy's not involved. He was born down here so no issues for him!
The bloke who goes to games wearing the half and half Arsenal Home and Away kit stands near me. Maybe I'll get his tailor to knock up one using half red half green for me!

VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

I'd go in the away end. From Arsenal's perspective, this will be a non-event, with an expectation of inevitably and likely a half-full, quiet and disinterested crowd.

But from Lincoln's POV, this must be one of the biggest occasions in the club's history, and those you're standing with will be treating it as such. There should be a really great atmosphere.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

I know a bloke from Hull, started following Arsenal in the 70s as his "First Division Team", been down here and been going to the Arsenal for 30 odd years and goes to watch Hull when they're down south or when he's back up north visiting family. Remember when they first came up and he was like you, very excited, never thought it would happen etc. Now he wishes it had never fucking happened especially after the Tango *word censored* incident and the cup final. :lol:

So... Be careful wh...
No I won't say it :lol:

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

:D Appreciate your thoughts and comments gentlemen