Bayern home game thread ,

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: Bayern home game thread ,

Post by augie »

Swifty wrote:3 things
1. that was a disgrace from the manager and the team
2. question mark over whether it was a pen HOWEVER as soon as he gave it I said to the missus "well that has to be a red then". Red was the right call once the pen was given.
3. He might be frustrated at his team mates and manager but when I saw Sanchez hiding his smile on the bench at what was going on I wanted two things - for him to leave immediately and also to put one on his chin.

There is a story doing the rounds that alexis was laughing at the guy that ran on to the pitch at that time - don't know if it is true, and don't even know if the timing fits, but I do know that I cant/wont slate a guy that has worked his bollox off for a team of lazy no good for nothing prima donnas :evil: If I was pissed off at sanchez for anything the other night, it would be for his piss poor performance - he played a sublime ball through to wally (who shockingly had a woeful touch :roll: ) early in the game, but after that he has another one of his games where he lost possession time and time again :oops:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Theoperator wrote:AFC and Bayern to be charged with failing to control their supporters, re the Bayern protest. WTF are the club supposed to do about that, take away all toilet rolls from the away end. :shock:

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1716/champi ... sturbances

Wonder if the club are planning a clampdown on banners :lol:
Ah Bog rolls ,reminds me of the 70's !

Clash

Post by Clash »

How many times have you seen a live TV game where they have shown a famous face in the crowd maybe smiling at something ... and then later on in the highlights show that same shot gets inserted after a totally different incident?! All done to manipulate people into thinking its a reaction to a something else :roll: . That isn't excusing Cech & Sanchez though as obviously the shot of them laughing was some time after Sanchez had been taken off. They should be careful not to be seen laughing as it looks like they dont give a shit. Which is probably the case :roll:

And I saw the penalty incident properly for the first time this morning. Blatant red card for me. Dont know what the fuss is about. Their player was offside but once that got missed it was a foul and a red. Typical Koscielny showing what a fucking flake he is. If the other complaint is that initially a yellow was shown but was changed to a red after the ref consulted the 5th official ... I have no problem with that either. That's what the 5th official is there for. I have more of a problem with the need for 5 officials ... especially when they're often just standing there looking gormless and not getting involved.

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

I haven't bothered reading the previous pages on this thread. Life is too short.
I have only two points to make. I don't give a shit if people want to shoot me down in flames.
Point one. We came very close to causing a massive upset. The first half performance was good enough. We were denied a penalty. Could have been 3-0 up at half time. Which would definitely have been game on.
Point two. We were destroyed in the second half. But only after Kos was sent off. For leaning in. No fucking penalty. Cheating *word censored* put his arm out and pushed himself down from Kos. Shit ref. Shit goal line officicial.
I fully accept that we got beaten by a better team. I don't accept any idea that we deserved to be totally embarrassed.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

olgitgooner wrote:I haven't bothered reading the previous pages on this thread. Life is too short.
I have only two points to make. I don't give a shit if people want to shoot me down in flames.
Point one. We came very close to causing a massive upset. The first half performance was good enough. We were denied a penalty. Could have been 3-0 up at half time. Which would definitely have been game on.
Point two. We were destroyed in the second half. But only after Kos was sent off. For leaning in. No fucking penalty. Cheating *word censored* put his arm out and pushed himself down from Kos. Shit ref. Shit goal line officicial.
I fully accept that we got beaten by a better team. I don't accept any idea that we deserved to be totally embarrassed.
We came very close to causing a massive upset ! Really ?

One or two per cent away would you say ?

augie

Post by augie »

StuartL wrote:
olgitgooner wrote:I haven't bothered reading the previous pages on this thread. Life is too short.

Senility setting in already isn't it louis ? :wink: :lol: :lol:

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

StuartL wrote:

I would say a two bob ref away. Plus a bit of luck. The first half performance actually made me feel proud to be a Gooner. Which is a rare experience these days.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Really?We should have been 3-0 up by HT? so they didnt have missed chances either?

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

Augie. I may be reaching the age of senility, but I'll have you know that I still have a mental age of twelve :x :)

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

Flashie. Of course they missed chances before HT as well. The point is that we COULD have been 3-0 up. Prove otherwise :-P

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

BTW......Wenger out :twisted:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

olgitgooner wrote:Flashie. Of course they missed chances before HT as well. The point is that we COULD have been 3-0 up. Prove otherwise :-P
We also could have lost the game 8-1 13 -2 on agg ....... All this could means nothing mate we were humiliated twice. We should be going toe to toe with Bayern not getting battered

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

flash gunner wrote:
olgitgooner wrote:Flashie. Of course they missed chances before HT as well. The point is that we COULD have been 3-0 up. Prove otherwise :-P
We also could have lost the game 8-1 13 -2 on agg ....... All this could means nothing mate we were humiliated twice. We should be going toe to toe with Bayern not getting battered
We were toe to toe in the first half. Should deffo have had a pen. With a rub of the green we could have battered them, instead of the other way around. Not making excuses here. We were beaten by a better team. BUT it could have ended totally differently. Kos red card was ridiculous and effectively fucked up any chance of that.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

olgitgooner wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
We were toe to toe in the first half. Should deffo have had a pen. With a rub of the green we could have battered them, instead of the other way around. Not making excuses here. We were beaten by a better team. BUT it could have ended totally differently. Kos red card was ridiculous and effectively fucked up any chance of that.
Battered them? :shock:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

http://www.justarsenal.com/wenger-says- ... rees/70382

---------------

Love the last bit :lol:

That's what we do now, we entertain - not our fans but the fans of the other clubs. :banghead: