Champions League Deal

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gunner Rob

Champions League Deal

Post by Gunner Rob »

away from the Wenger out debate I see that BT have announced an extension of their deal to show the Champions League and Europa League.
and I thought that UEFA were worried about the falling TV audiences ? Ha ha again all they are interested in is the money.

what I think is interesting though is that they have come up with a way to make the group stages EVEN MORE BORING! :D

There are to be double header nights with games kicking off at 6pm and 8pm.
I am glad that Arsenal are no longer bothered about qualifying for this bloated disaster anymore. I am not sure I would want to pay category B prices to watch for example Ludgoverets at 6pm on a Tuesday night in November :roll:

DB10GOONER

Re: Champions League Deal

Post by DB10GOONER »

The CL sucks dog ass. :roll: :x

Over-blown, boring, bloated, TV-money-fucked-up, pisswank excuse for a competition. Fuck off UEFA. :x :censored:

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:The CL sucks dog ass. :roll: :x

Over-blown, boring, bloated, TV-money-fucked-up, pisswank excuse for a competition. Fuck off UEFA. :x :censored:
oh get off the fence and tell us what you really think :D

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

At least I now know what channel our Europa League game against FC Hub Caps will be on next season :barscarf:

Sean

Post by Sean »

To be fair, the staggered kick off times was announced earlier this season (fucking joke; may as well call it 'Europa League+'), but if BT want to throw money down the drain for that overbloated turd of a competition, so be it :lol:

Anyway, UEFA have fucked up their competitions in the past two decades. It's all about money, not glory :banghead:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

greengooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:The CL sucks dog ass. :roll: :x

oh get off the fence and tell us what you really think :D
:lol:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

If the deal is that we let Bayern score 8 in return for getting rid of Wenger then I'm listening.

Midz

Post by Midz »

northbank123 wrote:If the deal is that we let Bayern score 8 in return for getting rid of Wenger then I'm listening.
As long as he's in charge there's every chance of them doing that. :barscarf:

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

Midz wrote:
northbank123 wrote:If the deal is that we let Bayern score 8 in return for getting rid of Wenger then I'm listening.
As long as he's in charge there's every chance of them doing that. :barscarf:
Not far off. :roll: