Lincoln City (H) | FA Cup QF | Sat 11 Mar 17:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Clash

Re: Lincoln City (H) | FA Cup QF | Sat 11 Mar 17:30

Post by Clash »

Didnt see all the game yesterday as I was making my way home after the protest while it was being played but I saw the last 20 mins and post match reaction.

The guy on BT actually said ''does this result change anything regarding Wenger's future'' :roll: Nevermind the answer ... the fact that this question even gets asked shows how stupid some of the media are.

And then fucking Walcott comes on and in his interview says some bollocks about players not hearing what goes on outside the club. He even had the cheek to claim getting to the FA Cup semi is an achievement. When you've beaten Preston, Southampton's reserves and two non-league teams to get there I hardly think its a bit premature calling it an achievement. Winning the cup from this point will be an achievement ... so until then, shut the fuck the up Walcott :banghead:

augie

Post by augie »

When is semi-final draw ?

Clash

Post by Clash »

augie wrote:When is semi-final draw ?
After the Chelsea game tomorrow night I think

Goonimp

Post by Goonimp »

Well. Thought Lincoln did fantastically well for the first 45 minutes and were unlucky not to go in goalless at HT. If that had happened, I'm sure there would have been some boos and more discontent. The pressure on the poor delicate little flowers would have been ramped up. Who knows what might have happened?

As it was, once that first goal went in Arsenal were always going to go into Arsenal mode. Did they really need that deflected goal from Walcott to give them the belief and confidence required to beat a non-league team, albeit a very good non-league team. Are they really that brittle?

We all enjoyed the day, plenty of beer was had, and the atmosphere in the way end was great. Not as good as at Ipswich and Burnley but everyone connected with Lincoln will remember it forever.

Thank you for the nice comments both on here and the people who stopped to speak to Lincoln fans after the game. Also to those who stayed inside the ground to applaud the team.

It's nice to know Arsenal still have class.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Redarmy wrote:Respect to Lincoln....have to admire there efforts
Got to add the Manager to that as well went out of the cup but conducted himself with class, no excuses ....unlike :rubchin:

Goonimp

Post by Goonimp »

https://youtu.be/aXI4OFM-62g

Linky to Cowley after match presser. The man is class.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Clash wrote:
augie wrote:When is semi-final draw ?
After the Chelsea game tomorrow night I think
Yes mate it is!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Had a tenner on 6-0 at 19/1. That last 5 minutes when we could/should have scored at least one more but were finishing like grannies with arthritis will stay with me for a while... :banghead:

:D :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

You just know we are getting the vermin in the semi final... :roll:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Getting City in the semi final would be the lesser of all evils. Think the semi will be our last Cup game this season.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:You just know we are getting the vermin in the semi final... :roll:
That would be better than getting them in the final :?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

flash gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:You just know we are getting the vermin in the semi final... :roll:
Yeah. As much as it sickens my hole to say it, I think their current form and our current form can only mean defeat for us. So yeah I'm with you Flash, rather in the semi than the final. :|

And anyone that says we need to lose a final to the scum to put pressure on Wenger needs to take a very fucking long look at themselves tbh... :|

Goonimp

Post by Goonimp »

I hear the Lincoln players cleaned up the changing room after the match. As I keep saying, Danny Cowley, oozes class.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
Yeah. As much as it sickens my hole to say it, I think their current form and our current form can only mean defeat for us. So yeah I'm with you Flash, rather in the semi than the final. :|

And anyone that says we need to lose a final to the scum to put pressure on Wenger needs to take a very fucking long look at themselves tbh... :|

Does anyone really think that? Even the biggest Wenger hater couldnt wish that

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Really hope we draw City and that Chelsea beat United.

Chelsea will beat Spurs and aside from being th side we are most likely to beat, City would also be easily be the most palatable to lose to at Wembley.