Lincoln City (H) | FA Cup QF | Sat 11 Mar 17:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
wibble

Re: Lincoln City (H) | FA Cup QF | Sat 11 Mar 17:30

Post by wibble »

flash gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:You just know we are getting the vermin in the semi final... :roll:
That would be better than getting them in the final :?
Yeah. As much as it sickens my hole to say it, I think their current form and our current form can only mean defeat for us. So yeah I'm with you Flash, rather in the semi than the final. :|

And anyone that says we need to lose a final to the scum to put pressure on Wenger needs to take a very fucking long look at themselves tbh... :|

Does anyone really think that? Even the biggest Wenger hater couldnt wish that
Wenger will have signed the new contract before the final anyway so it would be a lose:lose situation

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

flash gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:You just know we are getting the vermin in the semi final... :roll:
That would be better than getting them in the final :?
Yeah. As much as it sickens my hole to say it, I think their current form and our current form can only mean defeat for us. So yeah I'm with you Flash, rather in the semi than the final. :|

And anyone that says we need to lose a final to the scum to put pressure on Wenger needs to take a very fucking long look at themselves tbh... :|

Does anyone really think that? Even the biggest Wenger hater couldnt wish that
You never know. I've seen some retarded shit posted on here in relation to us and the vermin...

augie

Post by augie »

I know that the scum have a good record against us under pochohauntas, but I would still expect us to beat them in a semi (but not so in a final) - last season's run in confirmed that they shit themselves under pressure, and are continuing their habit of collapsing in the last 6 weeks of a season 8) For all our (justified) criticism of our mentally weak players, they have experience of playing in big games and winning trophies, plus the "sperz are shit in wembley" theory will really play on their players before the semi regardless of who they play

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Cowley says Wenger gave him 90 mins of his time at the weekend. Bollocks there's Lincoln's season up in smoke now.
FFS IGNORE WHAT HE SAID DANNY!

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

I thought the best Cowley quote was that Wenger had "forgotten more about football than he would ever know". Leaving aside that it is an unneccessarily self-deprecating statement, the first bit is spot on!

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Eboue-Why? wrote:Cowley says Wenger gave him 90 mins of his time at the weekend. Bollocks there's Lincoln's season up in smoke now.
Did he spend 90 minutes desperately begging him to take Sanogo on loan with no luck?

On another note United haven't got a recognised striker for tonight and I didn't realise that their record against Chelsea is worse than ours - no win in 11 and 3 goals in 9 games!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Eboue-Why? wrote:Cowley says Wenger gave him 90 mins of his time at the weekend. Bollocks there's Lincoln's season up in smoke now.
:lol: :lol:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

what is really stupid now AND WHY MODERN FOOTBALL SCHEDULES ARE KILLING FOOTBALL :banghead: is that the semi final is not going to take place for another six weeks :banghead: :banghead:

and then they wonder why everyone is losing interest in the FA Cup.... :roll:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Last edited by northbank123 on Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Handbags at dawn on the touch line at Chelsea.

Mourinho in setting up team to constantly foul opposition in big game shocker. Particularly brainless red card literally two seconds after a lengthy warning to United's captain for repeatedly fouling Hazard.

Hope Chelsea smash them second half.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Gunner Rob wrote:what is really stupid now AND WHY MODERN FOOTBALL SCHEDULES ARE KILLING FOOTBALL :banghead: is that the semi final is not going to take place for another six weeks :banghead: :banghead:

The competition is dying a death. The channels who have shelled out a fortune on coverage can bleat on about the drama of the cup and fairytale stories all they like, but clubs just aren't interested.

The 4th round summed it up. Look at the team Southampton put out against us - joke for a club with no European football and no league prospects either way. We put out a fucking poor side ourselves. Spurs tried very hard to get knocked out against Wycombe. All the other highest PL clubs made 6-10 changes. Relegation candidates have got zero interest in potentially jeopardising the financial value of staying up. Likewise the top Championship clubs like Newcastle and Brighton put out poor sides and got walloped by lower league opposition.

With the top 4-6 now being so hard to break into because of the financial advantage those sides hold, the FA Cup is a great chance for mid table and smaller clubs to do something special but they're not interested.

I love the Fa cup but it's getting worse every year.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Pogba so lazy sauntering across there to close down Kante and uncharacterisically sluggish from de Gea to get beaten by a side footer from there.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

northbank123 wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:what is really stupid now AND WHY MODERN FOOTBALL SCHEDULES ARE KILLING FOOTBALL :banghead: is that the semi final is not going to take place for another six weeks :banghead: :banghead:

The competition is dying a death. The channels who have shelled out a fortune on coverage can bleat on about the drama of the cup and fairytale stories all they like, but clubs just aren't interested.

The 4th round summed it up. Look at the team Southampton put out against us - joke for a club with no European football and no league prospects either way. We put out a fucking poor side ourselves. Spurs tried very hard to get knocked out against Wycombe. All the other highest PL clubs made 6-10 changes. Relegation candidates have got zero interest in potentially jeopardising the financial value of staying up. Likewise the top Championship clubs like Newcastle and Brighton put out poor sides and got walloped by lower league opposition.

With the top 4-6 now being so hard to break into because of the financial advantage those sides hold, the FA Cup is a great chance for mid table and smaller clubs to do something special but they're not interested.

I love the Fa cup but it's getting worse every year.
I think they need to get the ties over and done with on the day. That way, teams might approach the games with more intent. Nobody likes fucking replays, get it done in one match. And fuck the semis at Wembley. Neutral venues like Villa Park, Old Trafford, West Ham's ground, our place. There are loads of options these days.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Man City in the semis

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Chelsea v Spurs
Arsenal v City

Good draw - Chelsea will knock Spurs out and whilst City are the most beatable they are also the most palatable to lose to.