The players

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Nos89

The players

Post by Nos89 »

Okay we all know where we stand on Wenger...But in my entire life supporting The Arsenal I have never known a group of players to literally not give a shit about playing for the club. I date back to Terry Neil last days as manager. No pride, no passion and literally no bottle to wear that shirt. That team have disgraced the club, the shirt, the history. As for Cech and Sanchez laughing on the bench as the tenth goal go in says it all... Utterly disgraceful!!!

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Re: The players

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Can't blame Sanchez after the way he's been treated. Tbh I can only laugh these days as well, and this club (what's left of it) means far more to me than it does to Sanchez

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

Cant agree at all, the passion comes from the manager and back room staff- it simply isnt instilled into them. Get a motivator and tactician in and the love and passion will return mate.

Dont slip down the "Its the players fault" line, weve some decent players once their headless antics go and they actually get coached.

We hardly ever score at corners, we go to pieces several times a season and have done for years etc etc etc. Thats not individual players faults, or even if it could be argued that it is, who signed them :lol:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

The players are leaderless. Most players are a little bit thick to say the least, they NEED managing, they don't get it at Arsenal. Why doesn't Wonga believe in having an 'Adams' like captain? Because it dilutes his power, it is another voice to be heard, someone who has an opinion. Wonga is happy there are no characters in the squad, no leaders, a dictator wants no challenges. Sanchez is a voice, he has ambition........he is out the door. Wonga wants personal loyalty, nothing else so he overpays average players and treats them like kings in Wongaworld.

Sean

Post by Sean »

It's not a surprise. We've mostly had a bunch of shitcunts wearing our shirt since 2008.

The 2008-11 sides were particularly weak and shite, with any good players fucking off and others running down their contracts because TOF overpaid them. Since 2011, not much cop either. A bunch of mental weaklings and pansies. Sanchez seems to be the exception.

I certainly think any other manager could get more out of these players, but TOF loves the crèche he's built at Colney. It's staggering to think that he actually believes that this Enya shit is better than the likes of TA6 and PV4 firing up the team before games. The man really is a charlatan. That back five ran the dressing room and followed on with the likes of Vieira, Campbell and Gilberto. It's all gone now. TOF's obsession with his failed youth project also led to him not wanting any leaders of any sort at the club, to the total detriment of the team and results.

I remember that some were relieved when Mertesacker and Arteta arrived and broke up some of the cliques, but it never got any better after that. I don't think Koscielny has any leadership about him. It's a joke that we've had a non-playing captain for years and we leave it with a bloke who is a mute on the pitch. The armband gets passed around willy nilly the rest of the time. Shameful.

blair207

Post by blair207 »

Cech is only there to pick up good money and keep his family in London. He doesn't get to play in the Champions League so why should he not have a laugh.
Sanchez has tried hard and obviously thinks Wenger is a joke.
The way we conceded some of these goals was a joke. I don't blame either of them.

markyp

Post by markyp »

blair207 wrote:Cech is only there to pick up good money and keep his family in London. He doesn't get to play in the Champions League so why should he not have a laugh.
Sanchez has tried hard and obviously thinks Wenger is a joke.
The way we conceded some of these goals was a joke. I don't blame either of them.
agreed,Sanchez has given blood for the team but he realises now its been a waste of time as the rest of the club don't have the same bottle or ambition as him,if anybody deserves to laugh its him,hes probably laughing at himself thinking 'wtf am I doing here' and ' I will be gone come june' as for Cech hes finally seen what a shower of shit we are,how embarrassing especially as he came from the chavs who are ripping it up every year,i bet he keeps in touch with his old team mates too,just imagine the shit he tells them about the state of affairs at our club,we are being laughed at form all corners

VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

Why would they be motivated or care?

They get paid hundreds of thousands of pounds a week and there is absolutely no pressure on them to perform. Worse still, there's no reaction or punishment when they do fail to deliver, so there's no incentive for them to change their mentality.

Seriously, you think this same group of players would be allowed to put in such performances with the likes of Graham or Ferguson in charge?

Every time we've lost this season, the brainwashed cult of Wenger calls into 5 Live and says "the players let him down". Well surely when you're beaten five times in your last seven, it falls on Wenger for not fixing it.

Let's be honest, this mentality has existed for about seven years now, and Wenger has never tried to correct it. Wenger has been the constant this whole time and fails with whatever squad he now cobbles together. He actively seeks passive players who won't challenge his authority, and these limp dicked 10-2 performances are the result of that. End of.

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

I see Walcott is all over the back page of The Standard saying "We've got to fight for the manager"......"We need to take the pressure off him". You'd have thought that his only focus would be that they are letting the club down, but oh no, all Walcott is concerned about is how the players' performances are damaging the Wenger brand.

Not surprising that is his perspective, really.....who else would have given him the sort of money Wenger has, while picking him as a regular starter when he would be no more than an effective bench option along with Danny Welbeck in a strong squad (as he used to be in ours a few years ago).
Last edited by Bob Bayliss on Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ed Hunter The Gooner

Post by Ed Hunter The Gooner »

Bob Bayliss wrote:I see Walcott is all over the back page of The Standard saying "We've got to fight for the manager"......"We need to take the pressure off him". You'd have thought that his only focus would be that they are letting the club down, but oh no, all Walcott is concerned about is how the players' performances are damaging the Wenger brand.

Not surprising that is his perspective, really.....who else would have given him the sort of money Wenger has, while picking him as a regular starter when he would be no more than an effective bench option along with Danny Wellbeck in a strong squad (as he used to be in ours a few years ago).
Theo's thick as cow shit! Prime example of wenker disciple spouting what his lord tells him to say. It is scary how the whole organization is acting to protect this cancer of a manager.

Ed Hunter The Gooner

But more into the topic... I would keep about half of the current team and tell the rest to fuck off. The players I'd keep:

- Cech, has actually won something. Would buy new keeper to challenge him
. Mustafi, has potential and was quite solid when he arrived. Got arsenalized in the process and looks shattered now
- Kos, has potential and in proper coaching will probably get rid of those stupid brain fart moments
- Bellerin, has gone backwards but as a young player has still very good potential, especially in attacking play
- Xhaka, has been good in international level and has potential. Looked good when he arrived but got arsenalized in the process and looks very average right now
- Alexis, no words needed. Only world class player in my opinion. Is that kind of character what the fans have been crying for ages and is now accused of having negative mentality or whatever. Probably a victim of clubs smear campaign once announced that he will fuck off. I would turn earth and heavens to keep him, no matter what.
- Özil, no matter what most of the fans say. He is the "Grande Artista", a creator who needs right kind of players around him. Was absolutely brilliant when he arrived and got arsenalized like many, many good players before him.
- Giroud, I would seriously think about that because he might succeed in target man role in 442 system. Put him up front with another striker, preferably true world class striker like Higuain etc. At least I would try this, it might work or it could go tits up.

Thats it I think. Rest of the squad I would dump in Thames, that's all they are good for.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

i would get rid of cech in ten minutes. doesn't seem to be able to organise the defence, has cost us goals with his questionable positioning and slow reactions and ultimately has lost any real drive or spark.

in fact i wouldn't lose sleep over anyone leaving bar sanchez but seeing as that's going to happen anyway...

Post by 1989 »

Ed Hunter The Gooner wrote:But more into the topic... I would keep about half of the current team and tell the rest to fuck off. The players I'd keep:

. Mustafi, has potential and was quite solid when he arrived. Got arsenalized in the process and looks shattered now
- Kos, has potential and in proper coaching will probably get rid of those stupid brain fart moments
- Bellerin, has gone backwards but as a young player has still very good potential, especially in attacking play
- Xhaka, has been good in international level and has potential. Looked good when he arrived but got arsenalized in the process and looks very average right now
- Alexis, no words needed. Only world class player in my opinion. Is that kind of character what the fans have been crying for ages and is now accused of having negative mentality or whatever. Probably a victim of clubs smear campaign once announced that he will fuck off. I would turn earth and heavens to keep him, no matter what.
- Özil, no matter what most of the fans say. He is the "Grande Artista", a creator who needs right kind of players around him. Was absolutely brilliant when he arrived and got arsenalized like many, many good players before him.
- Giroud, I would seriously think about that because he might succeed in target man role in 442 system. Put him up front with another striker, preferably true world class striker like Higuain etc. At least I would try this, it might work or it could go tits up.

Thats it I think. Rest of the squad I would dump in Thames, that's all they are good for.
I'd add Ox, Holding, Gibbs, Elneny, Iwobi, Welbeck and Perez. The rest can fuck off.
Last edited by 1989 on Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by 1989 »

double post

Ed Hunter The Gooner

1989 wrote:
Ed Hunter The Gooner wrote:But more into the topic... I would keep about half of the current team and tell the rest to fuck off. The players I'd keep:

I'd add Ox, Holding, Gibbs, Elneny, Iwobi, Welbeck and Perez. The rest can fuck off.
Yes Ox of course, he has been actually on of our best player lately. Holding also maybe, hard to say about him as he hasn't played that much yet.