The players

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Theoperator

Re: The players

Post by Theoperator »

Im curious as to how Rambo was so effective for Wales in the EC, and the season he strolled it for us, and is hopeless now- is it the way he is managed/ coached?

I would keep for now, though appreciate he isnt in favour on here :oops:

TBH I do wonder how many of the squad would actually start playing decently if properly coached- hard to say it could either be a disaster of a revelation :? Ox definately has the makings of a decent player but is so obviously not being played to the best :twisted:

Ed Hunter The Gooner

Post by Ed Hunter The Gooner »

Theoperator wrote:Im curious as to how Rambo was so effective for Wales in the EC, and the season he strolled it for us, and is hopeless now- is it the way he is managed/ coached?

TBH I do wonder how many of the squad would actually start playing decently if properly coached- hard to say it could either be a disaster of a revelation :? Ox definately has the makings of a decent player but is so obviously not being played to the best :twisted:
Very good point and I think it has to be down to coaching and/or maybe a bit different position and formation he plays in.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

As a collective the team didn't fight for each other, for pride, for the club. Tonight the Barcelona team showed every characteristics our players lack. Even when they had a setback. Collectively, they are better quality players, but then PSG are collectively better than Arsenal. Yet, Barcelona
played with pride and passion for their club and supporters and themselves, making the impossible, possible. Our players didn't, whilst our manager is responsible for our clubs regression, the double capitulation is something I cannot accept as a support.

Swifty

Post by Swifty »

Nos89 wrote: As for Cech and Sanchez laughing on the bench as the tenth goal go in says it all... Utterly disgraceful!!!
Could not agree more!!

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Ed Hunter The Gooner wrote:
1989 wrote:
Ed Hunter The Gooner wrote:But more into the topic... I would keep about half of the current team and tell the rest to fuck off. The players I'd keep:

- Cech, has actually won something. Would buy new keeper to challenge him
. Mustafi, has potential and was quite solid when he arrived. Got arsenalized in the process and looks shattered now
- Kos, has potential and in proper coaching will probably get rid of those stupid brain fart moments
- Bellerin, has gone backwards but as a young player has still very good potential, especially in attacking play
- Xhaka, has been good in international level and has potential. Looked good when he arrived but got arsenalized in the process and looks very average right now
- Alexis, no words needed. Only world class player in my opinion. Is that kind of character what the fans have been crying for ages and is now accused of having negative mentality or whatever. Probably a victim of clubs smear campaign once announced that he will fuck off. I would turn earth and heavens to keep him, no matter what.
- Özil, no matter what most of the fans say. He is the "Grande Artista", a creator who needs right kind of players around him. Was absolutely brilliant when he arrived and got arsenalized like many, many good players before him.
- Giroud, I would seriously think about that because he might succeed in target man role in 442 system. Put him up front with another striker, preferably true world class striker like Higuain etc. At least I would try this, it might work or it could go tits up.

Thats it I think. Rest of the squad I would dump in Thames, that's all they are good for.
I'd add Ox, Holding, Gibbs, Elneny, Iwobi, Welbeck and Perez. The rest can fuck off.
Yes Ox of course, he has been actually on of our best player lately. Holding also maybe, hard to say about him as he hasn't played that much yet.
- I'd add Joel Campbell to that list (i think he's still on our books), not the most technically gifted but a worker and provides cover when on the wing and again if coached properly at only 24 he might improve yet unlike the others out there.
- Also surprisingly for me Chambers, he's been doing ok at Boro when playing by all accounts i've seen, but i'd leave on loan for another season to gain confidence and experience, i still feel he was fed to the wolves by AW when he was dumped in the deep end with us.
- On the other hand not sure about Elneny, possibly if coached properly he'd make a squad player and Iwobi i'd send out on loan
- Oh and recall Jack too provided we revamped our med team and training department :wink:

As for the rest including Gibbs and Cech i'd get shot, mind you it would leave us some glaringly expensive holes to fill in the squad

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
1989 wrote:
Ed Hunter The Gooner wrote:But more into the topic... I would keep about half of the current team and tell the rest to fuck off. The players I'd keep:

. Mustafi, has potential and was quite solid when he arrived. Got arsenalized in the process and looks shattered now
- Kos, has potential and in proper coaching will probably get rid of those stupid brain fart moments
- Bellerin, has gone backwards but as a young player has still very good potential, especially in attacking play
- Xhaka, has been good in international level and has potential. Looked good when he arrived but got arsenalized in the process and looks very average right now
- Alexis, no words needed. Only world class player in my opinion. Is that kind of character what the fans have been crying for ages and is now accused of having negative mentality or whatever. Probably a victim of clubs smear campaign once announced that he will fuck off. I would turn earth and heavens to keep him, no matter what.
- Özil, no matter what most of the fans say. He is the "Grande Artista", a creator who needs right kind of players around him. Was absolutely brilliant when he arrived and got arsenalized like many, many good players before him.
- Giroud, I would seriously think about that because he might succeed in target man role in 442 system. Put him up front with another striker, preferably true world class striker like Higuain etc. At least I would try this, it might work or it could go tits up.

Thats it I think. Rest of the squad I would dump in Thames, that's all they are good for.
I'd add Ox, Holding, Gibbs, Elneny, Iwobi, Welbeck and Perez. The rest can fuck off.
Yes Ox of course, he has been actually on of our best player lately. Holding also maybe, hard to say about him as he hasn't played that much yet.
- I'd add Joel Campbell to that list (i think he's still on our books), not the most technically gifted but a worker and provides cover when on the wing and again if coached properly at only 24 he might improve yet unlike the others out there.
- Also surprisingly for me Chambers, he's been doing ok at Boro when playing by all accounts i've seen, but i'd leave on loan for another season to gain confidence and experience, i still feel he was fed to the wolves by AW when he was dumped in the deep end with us.
- On the other hand not sure about Elneny, possibly if coached properly he'd make a squad player and Iwobi i'd send out on loan
- Oh and recall Jack too provided we revamped our med team and training department :wink:

As for the rest including Gibbs and Cech i'd get shot, mind you it would leave us some glaringly expensive holes to fill in the squad
I'd get rid of Sanchez (clearly wants to go), Koscielny, Monreal, Coquelin, Giroud, Chamberlain, Cazorla, Gabriel for starters.
I'd use Mertsacker in an O'Leary type role to coach Holding and Chambers as CB's. Bring in Jenkinson as he's clearly a Gooner, like Keown, bring back Jack, keep Ozil and build from there. Clear out the coaching team, manager included and work with players that are coachable and have some pride in being at the club.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nos89 wrote:
GoonerMuzz wrote:
1989 wrote:

I'd get rid of Sanchez (clearly wants to go), Koscielny, Monreal, Coquelin, Giroud, Chamberlain, Cazorla, Gabriel for starters.
I'd use Mertsacker in an O'Leary type role to coach Holding and Chambers as CB's. Bring in Jenkinson as he's clearly a Gooner, like Keown, bring back Jack, keep Ozil and build from there. Clear out the coaching team, manager included and work with players that are coachable and have some pride in being at the club.
:shock:

No offence mate - but thank God you are not our manager! :lol: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Theoperator wrote:Im curious as to how Rambo was so effective for Wales in the EC, and the season he strolled it for us, and is hopeless now- is it the way he is managed/ coached?

The difference in Ramsey is down to 2 people; Arsene Wenger and Chris Coleman.

Wenger tells the Welsh Messi-Lite (and all our players) to go and "express" himself on the pitch. When he then has a fucking mare there are no repercussions, he gets picked again and told go express himself again. Coleman says "Right boyo. Cut that flicky flckly shit and stick to the system. Boyo." Then if the Welsh Messi-Lite starts the backheels and flicks and shit Coleman loses his shit and rips him a new one. Boyo.

JimmyAFC

Post by JimmyAFC »

Yes, the players have been pathetic, but the same could've been said about Chelsea when they were failing under Mourinho in his last season their.

It's simple what's happening at the club. The players are sick to death of Wenger and his shocking management, gifting games to players, allowing players to go on fucking holidays during the season and mollycoddling his adopted son Ozil.

They have had enough of him and the way the club is run and are showing it on the pitch.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

JimmyAFC wrote:Yes, the players have been pathetic, but the same could've been said about Chelsea when they were failing under Mourinho in his last season their.

It's simple what's happening at the club. The players are sick to death of Wenger and his shocking management, gifting games to players, allowing players to go on fucking holidays during the season and mollycoddling his adopted son Ozil.

They have had enough of him and the way the club is run and are showing it on the pitch.
I take your point, mate but tbh I don't think that's it. I think they are so poor on the pitch because there are no repercussions for being so poor. Wenger never drops them for being shit, he mollycoddles them, wraps them in cotton wool and gives them extended contracts and pay rises. The players are in their comfort zone and getting paid millions to be there too!

I think Sanchez and Ozil are rightly pissed off with the lack of quality around them, as they are top players, but the rest? They will take the money and just keep on keeping on. And I'd include Ozil in that too tbh as, despite his world class quality and technical ability, he is looking for the easy life.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
GoonerMuzz wrote:
1989 wrote: I'd add Ox, Holding, Gibbs, Elneny, Iwobi, Welbeck and Perez. The rest can fuck off.

:shock:

No offence mate - but thank God you are not our manager! :lol: :wink:
It worked for Graham, clearing out deadwood and players that didn't want to be at the club.

Rush

Post by Rush »

Cech - prepare to sell
Mustafi - Keep but get competition
Kos - he will soon depart
Bellerin - draw out this whip get his said straight
Xhaka - sell while still possible
Alexis - pay the lad
Oz - keep but same as Bellerin, draw the whip, if he runs..... sell
Giroud - good backup
Theo - Sell Sell Sell
Ramsey - shudve taken Barca's cash and run like hell.... Sell
Coq - give away, who gonna buy
Ox - Keep, good squad player
Welbz - Same as Ox
Monreal - sell
Iwobi - whip but keep
Perez - keep, shows potential, needs game time

who am I missing?

Rush

Post by Rush »

DB10GOONER wrote: I think they are so poor on the pitch because there are no repercussions for being so poor. Wenger never drops them for being shit, he mollycoddles them, wraps them in cotton wool and gives them extended contracts and pay rises. The players are in their comfort zone and getting paid millions to be there too!
:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Rush

Post by Rush »

Nos89 wrote:As a collective the team didn't fight for each other, for pride, for the club. Tonight the Barcelona team showed every characteristics our players lack. Even when they had a setback. Collectively, they are better quality players, but then PSG are collectively better than Arsenal. Yet, Barcelona
played with pride and passion for their club and supporters and themselves, making the impossible, possible. Our players didn't, whilst our manager is responsible for our clubs regression, the double capitulation is something I cannot accept as a support.
TBF they had a go in the 1st half....

rich31

Post by rich31 »

There is absolutely no bloody excuse for 2 employees of AFC laughing after we have conceded any goal...let alone the 10th on aggregate...lets not get blinded by wengers failings...this was still bloody disgraceful and showed they dont really give a feck as long as the wages keep going in every month .....am i the only one who didnt find the thrashing funny or their behaviour excusable?...im worn out by wenger and the whole bloody mess but i still care if we are humiliated