The New Arsenal Manager will be?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Nos89

Re: The New Arsenal Manager will be?

Post by Nos89 »

Joe Cole

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Venables

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Sorry, can't take this thread seriously as he's probably signed the 2 year extension before he did the post match press conference on Tuesday.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Isn't Pardew available.? Seriously Allegri would be my choice but I wouldn't want to see any Arsenal manager more than five years in the job going forward.

Babu

Post by Babu »

The new Arsenal manager will be...

...born in a manger, wrapped in swaddling clothes.

A Virgin Birth, from Mr. Wenger!

Not only has he built this Club single-handedly, he will now also create a Miracle Birth to manage us for all time!

The child will have golden hair, and grow into a man in a matter of weeks.

He will be able to speak every language on Earth ( plus a couple he just made up himself to pass the time ), have more knowledge than the whole Football Manager database, and will hover serenely in the lotus position 2 foot off the ground in the trainers area during every match!

We are in for a Golden Age at The Arsenal!

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Nos89 wrote:Sorry, can't take this thread seriously as he's probably signed the 2 year extension before he did the post match press conference on Tuesday.
Know what you mean, but stay positive, stay the course!...

Graham71

Post by Graham71 »

12 months ago there were three great managers available and i mean great. Pep Ancelotti and Mourinho all time greats all multiple CL winners. But we stuck with Mr Loser.Mr Last 16

Now the field of great managers has narrowed to one.Allegri.But why would he leave Juve for Arsenal? Juve are perennial title winners in Italy we are perennial 4th.

My choice would be Simeone .A winner against the giants Madrid and Barca.And he would end the Wenger holiday camp culture and clearout the dross Walcott's feet wouldnt touch the ground on his way to West Ham

But at the end of the day Gazidis and Kroenke know nothing about football and will give the job to Roy Hodgson

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

augie wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
northbank123 wrote:Should be somebody like Allegri or an Ancelotti. An old hand who will come in, size up the squad, ruthlessly get rid of the shit and identify where we need improving. Introduce some defensive ethos.

Don't care if they only envisage staying 2-3 years, we need a radical overhaul.

Worst case scenario is some fucking unknown or no-mark like Howe to carry on Wenger's work.
I dont agree..... we need a 'patsy' like Rioch/Moyes

Whoever takes over from Wenger will be on a hiding to nothing for a year or two - a weak squad, Sky sports zooming in on Wengers face every time we concede a goal, AKB's having a dig if we dont get beloved 4th place. Things will be unsteady after Wenger we need someone to take the heat

^ This x 100

This squad is mentally weak, has no tactical clue, and is woefully unbalanced and bereft of leadership - it would take any manager at least 2 seasons to get this team heading in the right direction again, and there is a probability that we will have to go 1 or 2 steps back before we can go those 2 or 3 steps forward. Having someone short term to get the process rolling and to take the undoubted flak that will come his way from the akb c.unts, might be the best thing for us and the club 8)
If a manager with a reputation like an allegri came in then he would get far more slack than a restive unknown. These blokes are thick-skinned and as I said will come in wth a ruthless 2-3 year plan. Plus Wenger would have left under a cloud, unlike Ferguson or Shankly.

I don't think that the world will suddenly all be rosy when Wenger goes but equally i don't agree that the next two or three years need to be slow progress. The squad needs revamping and the biggest problem is the culture at the club. But look at the difference which mourinho made to Chelsea in one season by signing two class players In Costa and Fabregas and by addressing some tactical failings.

HARLOW GOONER

Post by HARLOW GOONER »

Troops and DT

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

Wally with a brolly is available...again!! He is utter shite! :D :D :censored:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39251254

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

wilko49er wrote:Wally with a brolly is available...again!! He is utter shite! :D :D :censored:
That would be me done watching Arsenal and indeed football forever. Ditto if we ever appointed any of the utter shit that populates the shit managers' merry go round;

Shit like Pardew, Curbishly, Fat Cúnt Allardyce, Pulis, Hughes, Melted Cheese Features Redkrapp, Fat Steve Bruce, O'Neill, Holloway, Jewell, Dyche, Mrs Doubtfire Warnock, Woy, Sherwood, Lying Phil Brown, Nigel Twat Pearson... Any of them are a deal breaker for me. :x :x :censored:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
wilko49er wrote:Wally with a brolly is available...again!! He is utter shite! :D :D :censored:
That would be me done watching Arsenal and indeed football forever. Ditto if we ever appointed any of the utter shit that populates the shit managers' merry go round;

Shit like Pardew, Curbishly, Fat Cúnt Allardyce, Pulis, Hughes, Melted Cheese Features Redkrapp, Fat Steve Bruce, O'Neill, Holloway, Jewell, Dyche, Mrs Doubtfire Warnock, Woy, Sherwood, Lying Phil Brown, Nigel Twat Pearson... Any of them are a deal breaker for me. :x :x :censored:
Dont worry Wenger is going nowhere

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

flash gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Who you telling? :lol:

You finally accepted May 2025 in your heart, huh? Hurts, don't it... :(

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Who you telling? :lol:

You finally accepted May 2025 in your heart, huh? Hurts, don't it... :(
oh yeah :suicide:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Hand picked by Lord Wenger himself...........

Remi Garde :banghead: