Barca whores

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Bradywasking

Re: Barca whores

Post by Bradywasking »

I think for a game to be fixed,as the West Germany v Austria one was in 1982, it is more important to have both sides in collusion than one side and the officials.
But it is very possible for officials to greatly favour one side as Mike Reilly did in Old Trafford in 2004.. and that did definitely determine the result that day..I wonder were ManU in on this or was it Reilly's own thing or was he instructed from higher up..or did Reilly have a bad day ?(OK that last bit is laughable).

Clash

Post by Clash »

Bradywasking wrote:I think for a game to be fixed,as the West Germany v Austria one was in 1982, it is more important to have both sides in collusion than one side and the officials.
But it is very possible for officials to greatly favour one side as Mike Reilly did in Old Trafford in 2004.. and that did definitely determine the result that day..I wonder were ManU in on this or was it Reilly's own thing or was he instructed from higher up..or did Reilly have a bad day ?(OK that last bit is laughable).
Yes the main thing that goes against this game being fixed are the chances PSG actually had to kill the game. Unless, as you say, both teams are in on it ... which is even more unlikely. Saying that, how bad were Barcelona in Paris? Was the 4-0 1st leg a fix to create the drama of the 2nd leg? I very much doubt it to be honest but I wouldn't totally trust anything I am told anymore.

There are people who are convinced that a lot of American sports are rigged, including the recent Superbowl. I dont have a clue about American sports so I couldn't possibly tell. I do have a mate who is certain the England team were told to throw that match against Iceland last summer though :D And he thinks the reason top footballers are so handsomely rewarded these days is because they are part of some inner circle that are dictated to from above. It would explain a lot ... but sounds more like denial over how shite England were in this case though :roll: .

brucers

Post by brucers »

Is it fixed....of course it is....seeding is just an official way of fixing.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I can't watch them or Real Madrid.......its absolutely bent before a ball has even been kicked. Great footballers undoubtedly but shameful cheats who con the ref at every opportunity.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

brucers wrote:Is it fixed....of course it is....seeding is just an official way of fixing.
Unless like us who were seeded in the top 8 in the Champions league for many years you are just incompetent and fail (with remarkable consistency)

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

SteveO 35 wrote:I can't watch them or Real Madrid.......its absolutely bent before a ball has even been kicked. Great footballers undoubtedly but shameful cheats who con the ref at every opportunity.
The fuss they kicked up in 2010 when Inter dumped them out on their own patch because they wouldn't let them have their own way and the officials for once didn't manage to send them through was a disgrace.

The standard of refereeing in the CL really puts the standard in the PL into some perspective. It's part incompetence part cheating. The decisions which the big teams get every round every year is appalling.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Fix or not it was great TV.

Talking about fixes in the champions league anyone else get the feeling that they are against Arsenal?
Look at this season whether we finished 1st or 2nd we'd get either Bayern Munich or Barcelona, blatant fix if ever i saw one.
Dodgy penalty decision given by the usually passive touchline assistant, this has happened to us 3 times in last 4 years.
A yellow card magically turns to red after ref consults with touchline ref. Is that even allowed?
Rvp red card in boy camp for shooting as the whistle blew...Never seen any other player receive a yellow card since.
Not using these as excuses for our exit this season, nothing can fix the double capitulation of this team.

Blade

Post by Blade »

What invisible hand is controlling Barca's games? How can this go on?

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

Nos89 wrote:Fix or not it was great TV.

Talking about fixes in the champions league anyone else get the feeling that they are against Arsenal?
Look at this season whether we finished 1st or 2nd we'd get either Bayern Munich or Barcelona, blatant fix if ever i saw one.
Dodgy penalty decision given by the usually passive touchline assistant, this has happened to us 3 times in last 4 years.
A yellow card magically turns to red after ref consults with touchline ref. Is that even allowed?
Rvp red card in boy camp for shooting as the whistle blew...Never seen any other player receive a yellow card since.
Not using these as excuses for our exit this season, nothing can fix the double capitulation of this team.

I have this feeling a lot of people in UEFA hate Wenger.

There would be no real reason to hate arsenal specifically, I think a lot of French influence in UEFA.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

That cringe inducing clip BT keep showing of PigLips, the Jug Eared Vermin, Wee Diddy Micky Owen and Hub Cap Botherer Stevie Me leaping about like fanboys celebrating the Whores win is one of the most embarrassing things I've ever seen tbh. :oops: :oops: :oops:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:That cringe inducing clip BT keep showing of PigLips, the Jug Eared Vermin, Wee Diddy Micky Owen and Hub Cap Botherer Stevie Me leaping about like fanboys celebrating the Whores win is one of the most embarrassing things I've ever seen tbh. :oops: :oops: :oops:
More embarrassing than 'Should i stay or should i go' thread? :wink:

Have to say it was embarrassing especially Owen sprinting round the studio :oops: :oops: suprised he didnt do his hamstring

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

flash gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:That cringe inducing clip BT keep showing of PigLips, the Jug Eared Vermin, Wee Diddy Micky Owen and Hub Cap Botherer Stevie Me leaping about like fanboys celebrating the Whores win is one of the most embarrassing things I've ever seen tbh. :oops: :oops: :oops:
More embarrassing than 'Should i stay or should i go' thread? :wink:

Have to say it was embarrassing especially Owen sprinting round the studio :oops: :oops: suprised he didnt do his hamstring
:coffeespit:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Nos89 wrote:Fix or not it was great TV.

And there u have it,fuck the rules, fuck fairness it's good TV so not one person spoke out against the fix !
Just like the new Leicester manager who conspired with the players to get Raneiri out isnt getting called out .
All journos are whores and yes that includes you Keown,Wrighty and to lesser degrees ,Smudger n Dixon .

Are they against us ???? We drew Monaco the other year supposedly the weakest team in the group ,except they weren't , we were .