#WengerOut Fundraising Campaign

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
wilko49er

Re: #WengerOut Fundraising Campaign

Post by wilko49er »

Small donation made :wink: im a pensioner.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Every Penny Counts! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

#WENGER OUT!

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Looking back at the protests yesterday,to me they are interesting in several ways.
Firstly,the fact that something such as the plane happened proved many things both to the club and ourselves.
It proved that rather than just being "Keyboard Warriors",we are organised and motivated,with the capability to organise,and fund a multi-stranded campaign.
The fact that we are doing so in a non abusive,respectful way gives us the moral high ground,and gives us more chance of winning people to our cause.
The fact that "someone/organisation" felt the need to try and hijack our protest shows,in my opinion,how unsettled and nervous they are about how organised and focused we are.
This protest is not going to evaporate this time,as the continued marches and banner displays show.
We are in a battle for the heart and soul of our club,but we must continue to keep it honest,respectful,friendly,but determined.
They will try to provoke animosity and conflict so we must not rise to the bait,but meet it with humour and resolve.

On a lighter note,how about T-Shirts with AFC Arsenal Flying Corps,and a picture of the plane and banner.
We could sell them to raise funds.
VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT :barscarf:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Rugby Gooner wrote:Looking back at the protests yesterday,to me they are interesting in several ways.
Firstly,the fact that something such as the plane happened proved many things both to the club and ourselves.
It proved that rather than just being "Keyboard Warriors",we are organised and motivated,with the capability to organise,and fund a multi-stranded campaign.
The fact that we are doing so in a non abusive,respectful way gives us the moral high ground,and gives us more chance of winning people to our cause.
The fact that "someone/organisation" felt the need to try and hijack our protest shows,in my opinion,how unsettled and nervous they are about how organised and focused we are.
This protest is not going to evaporate this time,as the continued marches and banner displays show.
We are in a battle for the heart and soul of our club,but we must continue to keep it honest,respectful,friendly,but determined.
They will try to provoke animosity and conflict so we must not rise to the bait,but meet it with humour and resolve.

On a lighter note,how about T-Shirts with AFC Arsenal Flying Corps,and a picture of the plane and banner.
It certainly got someone scared enough to try to counter it, but just highlighted it even more. :barscarf:
Banners, inside the ground, shown all over the tv, press etc shows it is not just a few people, but a good proportion of the match going fans that seek his departure.
Not sure how we could replicate this at home, as spread of fans across the stadium is too large, on top of which are the gestapo ( sorry, autocorrect ) stewards who do not allow free speech.

Our plane was funded by hundreds of fans (with massive respect and thanks to mattyb for fronting up, something that he had no guarantee of getting back)

By the way can we be told the full story of why you got told the plane wouldn't fly the day before, when conditions on the day were ok ?

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

I was intruiged to learn that the same firm took bookings for both our plane and the mysterious AKB one.

I would love have been a fly on the wall when the long-distance call from Hong Kong came in after our booking had been accepted. I bet whoever made that booking quickly established that we had booked with the same company, and then offered them a serious financial incentive to cancel our booking, which would account for why we were so bizarrely told as early as Tuesday that weather conditions were likely to be unconducive to flying. They probably hoped that we would have been inclined to drop the idea on the basis of this advice and accept a refund, which would have left them well rewarded for their exclusivity deal and the AKBs with the only plane in the sky yesterday.

Our lads must have played a blinder in deciding to take the risk of leaving the booking open to the last possible moment, which meant that the company had to tell the big cheese at AKB International towers that he could not cancel our previously-booked flight while flying theirs: their reputation for reliability would have been in shreds when we had exposed the truth.

We played a great hand of poker with an unscrupulous opponent and ended up both seeing them, and raising them!

Congrats to all involved.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Bob Bayliss wrote:I was intruiged to learn that the same firm took bookings for both our plane and the mysterious AKB one.

I would love have been a fly on the wall when the long-distance call from Hong Kong came in after our booking had been accepted. I bet whoever made that booking quickly established that we had booked with the same company, and then offered them a serious financial incentive to cancel our booking, which would account for why we were so bizarrely told as early as Tuesday that weather conditions were likely to be unconducive to flying. They probably hoped that we would have been inclined to drop the idea on the basis of this advice and accept a refund, which would have left them well rewarded for their exclusivity deal and the AKBs with the only plane in the sky yesterday.

Our lads must have played a blinder in deciding to take the risk of leaving the booking open to the last possible moment, which meant that the company had to tell the big cheese at AKB towers that he could not cancel our previously-booked flight while flying theirs: their reputation for reliability would have been in shreds when we had exposed the truth.

We played a great hand of poker with an unscrupulous opponent and ended up both seeing them, and raising them!

We initially cancelled, heard about their plane, then decided to risk it with Matt prepared to take the financial hit personally if the plane couldn't get in the air. We were prepared to help offset his losses. I was dreading their plane, but after the performance on the pitch, their plane turned out to be a massive own goal. From now on whatever we do is going to remain unannounced

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

xisstential wrote:
Bob Bayliss wrote:I was intruiged to learn that the same firm took bookings for both our plane and the mysterious AKB one.

Our lads must have played a blinder in deciding to take the risk of leaving the booking open to the last possible moment, which meant that the company had to tell the big cheese at AKB towers that he could not cancel our previously-booked flight while flying theirs: their reputation for reliability would have been in shreds when we had exposed the truth.

We initially cancelled, heard about their plane, then decided to risk it with Matt prepared to take the financial hit personally if the plane couldn't get in the air. We were prepared to help offset his losses. I was dreading their plane, but after the performance on the pitch, their plane turned out to be a massive own goal. From now on whatever we do is going to remain unannounced
Wise move. :barscarf:

ten20

Post by ten20 »

xisstential wrote:

Well done mate to you and all involved.

You have the backing and trust off all true Arsenal fans to take this campaign forward the way you and the other main organisers see fit.

After the Primorac quotes I was feeling a bit despondent but after the events of yesterday morning I can see the light at the end of the tunnel once again.

Agree about keeping things quiet as well from now

:barscarf:

Pete on the beach

Post by Pete on the beach »

StuartL wrote:
Rugby Gooner wrote:Looking back at the protests yesterday,to me they are interesting in several ways.

It certainly got someone scared enough to try to counter it, but just highlighted it even more. :barscarf:
Banners, inside the ground, shown all over the tv, press etc shows it is not just a few people, but a good proportion of the match going fans that seek his departure.
Not sure how we could replicate this at home, as spread of fans across the stadium is too large, on top of which are the gestapo ( sorry, autocorrect ) stewards who do not allow free speech.

Our plane was funded by hundreds of fans (with massive respect and thanks to mattyb for fronting up, something that he had no guarantee of getting back)

By the way can we be told the full story of why you got told the plane wouldn't fly the day before, when conditions on the day were ok ?
It was the weather estimate given on the Friday , we will tell eventually but things have to be kept fairly cagey for obvious reasons , re: the plane its mattys call as he was The main catalyst in that one

Pete on the beach

Post by Pete on the beach »

Pete on the beach wrote:
StuartL wrote:

It was the weather estimate given on the Friday , we will tell eventually but things have to be kept fairly cagey for obvious reasons , re: the plane its mattys call as he was The main catalyst in that one
By that I mean what he says at this stage

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Well played again to our lads. True Gooners. 8)

I was so happy seeing the plane fly over and then really really pissed off when the Cult of Wenger Airlines showed up. Fucking deluded wánkers. :x

But I exploded with rage yesterday morning watching that west sham cúnt Ben Shephard and his bitch Chris "PLEASE LOOK AT ME DADDY!" Kamara on Goals on Sunday. When they showed the planes, period breath Shephard popped up with something like "They want him gone, they want him to stay, they don't know what they want!" and I just fucking raged at the TV.

:box: :cussing: :censored:

My missus came running into the room in a panic to see if I was ok! :oops: :lol:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

DB10GOONER wrote:Well played again to our lads. True Gooners. 8)

I was so happy seeing the plane fly over and then really really pissed off when the Cult of Wenger Airlines showed up. Fucking deluded wánkers. :x

But I exploded with rage yesterday morning watching that west sham cúnt Ben Shephard and his bitch Chris "PLEASE LOOK AT ME DADDY!" Kamara on Goals on Sunday. When they showed the planes, period breath Shephard popped up with something like "They want him gone, they want him to stay, they don't know what they want!" and I just fucking raged at the TV.

:box: :cussing: :censored:

My missus came running into the room in a panic to see if I was ok! :oops: :lol:
You have to ignore them...they are outsiders DB, they dont get it. Sent u a PM.

Herd

Post by Herd »

So the great Jardines really did it !
I know a few people there in the ship agency dept il try find out a bit more !

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

One more for the cúnt list; Mosope Ominiyi :x

http://dailycannon.com/2017/03/arsenal- ... rom-match/

This is the type of sheep-like JCL fuckwit we have as part of our fanbase... :oops: :oops:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

DB10GOONER wrote:One more for the cúnt list; Mosope Ominiyi :x

http://dailycannon.com/2017/03/arsenal- ... rom-match/

This is the type of sheep-like JCL fuckwit we have as part of our fanbase... :oops: :oops:
I got this from them last week, he wanted an exact time so he could record me...kinda grateful I stayed away.

Hi Chris, I'm Lee and I own and run Daily Cannon. I was wondering if you're free tomorrow at any point to do a phone interview on the plane/banner? No agenda, have some genuine questions I'd like to ask. I'd also like to record it to use as an audio feature if you're agreeable? My personal email is [email protected] if you'd like to drop me a line and let me know if you'd be interested. Thanks in advance, Lee