West Bromwich Albion (A) | PL | Sat 18 Mar 12:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: West Bromwich Albion (A) | PL | Sat 18 Mar 12:30

Post by Redarmy »

Bloody cheats that WBA being all physical, having a game plan, trying every trick to maximise there strengths and opportunities

But we had 75% possession Wenger is thinking....its just not fair

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Clash wrote:Tony Attwood ... Martin Keown ... Sir Chips Keswick .... John Cross ... Your boy took one hell of a beating !!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Quality. 8)

Herd

Post by Herd »

StuartL wrote:
Herd wrote:Stuart your assuming they practice defense. unless things have changed recently thats not the case. they dont practice defense of set pieces at all. its one of the problems.
Did I ever mention the time when I was a guest at a training session a couple of days afterr the Man Utd debacle and before we were due to play Stoke ? ............
Tell me more ,Ive been to quite a few over the years but have never seen us practise defending set pieces ,if youve seen it my flabber will be ghasted !!

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Herd wrote:
StuartL wrote:
Herd wrote:Stuart your assuming they practice defense. unless things have changed recently thats not the case. they dont practice defense of set pieces at all. its one of the problems.
Did I ever mention the time when I was a guest at a training session a couple of days afterr the Man Utd debacle and before we were due to play Stoke ? ............
Tell me more ,Ive been to quite a few over the years but have never seen us practise defending set pieces ,if youve seen it my flabber will be ghasted !!
Nope, it was a slow jog around the pitches, followed by stretching and a half hour session of attempting to draw the defence out of position and play Wally in on goal.........in that half hour or so he got in once :roll:

It was boring, laborious, tediious to watch God knows how the players can put up with it day in day out.

I asked Sean the training ground host, would we adapt training as we were playing Stoke next, and was told "no, we are The Arsenal, we let the opposition worry about us" :banghead:

Clearly nothing has changed ( Not sure how "worried" WBA were )