West Bromwich Albion (A) | PL | Sat 18 Mar 12:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
flash gunner

Re: West Bromwich Albion (A) | PL | Sat 18 Mar 12:30

Post by flash gunner »

Was really strange hearing the light aircraft buzzing around for 20-25 mins on the TV was watching a stream and the commentators mentioned it

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I know i shouldn't but for a laugh i just popped onto to Untold and the levels of delusion are even worse than the Fuhrer bunker circa Apr'45 :banghead:

Quick summary, it was all the corrupt officials fault :roll:

Oh yeah and there's only about 250 protesters too :rubchin:

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

So Sanchez carries on playing, and fucks his injured ankle up even more. Lets see if it turns into something major, and thats the last time we see him in an Arsenal shirt.

Kvltman

Post by Kvltman »

Obviously, OBVIOUSLY, Wenger has to go and there is no credible argument that can convince a sane or unindoctrinated person that he should stay....BUT...

Those players were a FUCKING DISGRACE today. I know the manager has to prep and motivate them, but they should have enough about them to improvise on the pitch. They had nothing. I haven't got angry for a while because of how futile the situation can appear, but those players today...

The still shot photo for their 3rd goal, is simply embarassing. The defending was woeful. Non-existent even. Where is the leadership on the pitch??

It isn't just Wenger who has to go. I would say the vast majority of the players are also a huge problem and wouldn't be good enough magically under a new coach.

Ramsey - I cannot stand this guy, who has coasted off a 3 month purple patch in 2013. Fucking woeful player. He brings absolutely nothing to the team.
Monreal - Regressed to a broken shadow of a player he was even a year ago.
Cech/Ospina - Both not up to it for various differing reasons.
Walcott - The perfect example of a Wenger player in the last ten years. That's not a compliment.
Ozil - Didn't play today again but hearts not in it, fine player when he wants to be but too weak physically and mentally.

Sanchez (who is off anyway), Bellerin (who looks like his mind is somewhere else, probably Barcelona), Welbeck & Ox (who did have poor games today) and possibly Xhaka only redeemable for me. The rest need to be shipped off along with the manager.

I am embarassed to be an Arsenal fan today because of those players and the way they played today.

armchair

Post by armchair »

Its not the players. This has been going on for over a decade with different players.
Its NOT the players. Those players under organised maagement would not have lost against West Brom. Or lost 10 fuckin 2 against Bayern.

Its on Wenger.

Offside

Post by Offside »

GoonerMuzz wrote:I know i shouldn't but for a laugh i just popped onto to Untold and the levels of delusion are even worse than the Fuhrer bunker circa Apr'45 :banghead:

Quick summary, it was all the corrupt officials fault :roll:

Oh yeah and there's only about 250 protesters too :rubchin:
I had to go on there too. It was all the ref's fault. :lol: :roll:

Interestingly, a lot more of the comments there are not buying it. The last days in the bunker indeed, like when the ordinary Germans started to realise that they were losing the war and that the regime's propaganda was a load of nonsense. :lol:
Last edited by Offside on Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

armchair

Post by armchair »

phpBB [video]

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Was it the same plane ?

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Awful to watch but best thing that could have happened. Summed up everything that is bad about this side.

Great protests and for once lots of coverage.

Henry typically fucking cowardly. Keeps calling himself an Arsenal fan but its bollocks as far as I'm concerned. Redknapp gave it both barrels but classically thought it was a case of the players letting Wenger down. Shame Sounness wasn't on there.

Wenger is done and the whole world can see it. He can't possibly be enjoying this and just hope that this persuades him to jack it in. Nothing else matters. At all.

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

northbank123 wrote:Wenger is done and the whole world can see it.
Except, unfortunately, for Wenger and Kroenke.

You'd need a crowbar to remove the former from his golden tit and the latter doesn't give a fuck what we think. This club is fucking dead.

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

The still for their 3rd goal should be the next banner at Away games. 3 WBA players together trying to head it in while 8 Arsenal players stand and do fuck all.
Arsene Knows...

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

armchair wrote:This is for xissential....

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: Cheers Steve

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

armchair wrote:
phpBB [video]

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

God I am So Proud To Be a Gooner this day - WELL DONE Chris & the lads for achieving this.. BRILLIANT! :barscarf:

Worth a Gander - even if only from 4 minutes 30 seconds in..

phpBB [video]

mattyb

Post by mattyb »

A11M11 wrote:Was it the same plane ?
No there were 2 seperate planes...

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Eboue-Why? wrote:The still for their 3rd goal should be the next banner at Away games. 3 WBA players together trying to head it in while 8 Arsenal players stand and do fuck all.
Arsene Knows...
I know that the zonal marking (or lack of) got some deserved criticism, but Sky were silent on the fact that Ospina stood on his line. Whatever you do it's pretty hard to defend against a centre half heading home from three yards out. Keeper simply has to come and get that.

Likewise Cech has to come and get th first goal. Unfortunately he didn't think to get Walcott to do his job and stop Fletcher from blocking him Rather than needlessly standing two yards in front.

We really have had a string of shit keepers going back over a decade. Fucking joke we didn't sign Lloris so that we didn't ruin SCzesny. lol.