West Bromwich Albion (A) | PL | Sat 18 Mar 12:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
xisstential

Re: West Bromwich Albion (A) | PL | Sat 18 Mar 12:30

Post by xisstential »

VoiceOfReason wrote:Hopefully the above comments about Gazidis are accurate, but if he DOES want Wenger Out, and he stays, surely he needs to man up and resign in protest?

Makes we wonder if AW might use Gazidis as the public fall guy to make it appear like the club are on the fans' side. Sorry, but I don't trust anything or anyone who is willingly part of this miserable regime.
I personally think the club are going to cut him loose to stop the bleeding..we are going to make it clear to them we are NOT going away...the Fucking club is FINALLY going to realise that the club, and US FANS, are BIGGER than Wenger. Gazidis will throw Wenger under the bus...if Wenger does resign we should use the rest of the money to go after Kroenke.

Nick Bendtners Ego

Post by Nick Bendtners Ego »

xisstential wrote:
VoiceOfReason wrote:Hopefully the above comments about Gazidis are accurate, but if he DOES want Wenger Out, and he stays, surely he needs to man up and resign in protest?

Makes we wonder if AW might use Gazidis as the public fall guy to make it appear like the club are on the fans' side. Sorry, but I don't trust anything or anyone who is willingly part of this miserable regime.
I personally think the club are going to cut him loose to stop the bleeding..we are going to make it clear to them we are NOT going away...the Fucking club is FINALLY going to realise that the club, and US FANS, are BIGGER than Wenger. Gazidis will throw Wenger under the bus...if Wenger does resign we should use the rest of the money to go after Kroenke.
Gonna need a bigger war chest for that parasite but the cancer that is endemic in the club needs cutting out with Kronke and Wenger being the biggest tumours. HERDS analysis during the week of the internal politics and the sudden creation of the DF position and the possibility of an internal coup with Gazidis finally flexing his muscle might not be too wide of the mark.

armchair

Post by armchair »

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

Has he gone yet?

armchair

Post by armchair »

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

northbank123 wrote:
Eboue-Why? wrote:The still for their 3rd goal should be the next banner at Away games. 3 WBA players together trying to head it in while 8 Arsenal players stand and do fuck all.
Arsene Knows...
I know that the zonal marking (or lack of) got some deserved criticism, but Sky were silent on the fact that Ospina stood on his line. Whatever you do it's pretty hard to defend against a centre half heading home from three yards out. Keeper simply has to come and get that.

Likewise Cech has to come and get th first goal. Unfortunately he didn't think to get Walcott to do his job and stop Fletcher from blocking him Rather than needlessly standing two yards in front.

We really have had a string of shit keepers going back over a decade. Fucking joke we didn't sign Lloris so that we didn't ruin SCzesny. lol.
Have to agree, i'm sorry for those who want to blame Wenger for everything but today the players were just as guilty, he may have lost the dressing room but i still expect players who wear our proud jersey to fucking man up and show some pride, they are professionals for fucks sake, who also happen to get paid a lot of money for that professionalism but there was absolutely none of it on show today.

Yes Wenger picks the team and the tactics but the players are responsible for their own effort and from the vast majority of them today there was none it was embarrassing and they should all be coming out, the manager included and apologising for that woeful display to the travelling fans....then again we're still waiting for the humble pie from the two Bayern games so it might be a while :roll:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

That bimbo sophie nicolau was on the radio earlier blaming the players trying to excuse wenger saying 'there was no leadership on the pitch' (at wba) - True, but that is because there is No Leadership Off The Pitch' :?

General

Post by General »

You can blame the players all you want but a team will always reflect the manager and it looks like 11 dinosaurs on the pitch at the minute. Historically Le fraud's teams take an eternity to emerge from a bad run of form and what we're witnessing is not a new phenomenon. Over the years we always got a helping hand from other top clubs imploding but they've all got their houses in order now. Le fraud's arse is out of luck and he's not getting another free pass into the top 4.

MecurialGooner

Post by MecurialGooner »

No point blaming average players for the result. He's built at least 3 different Arsenal squads these last 12 years. All of them have the same frailties, weak mentality and showcase similar failures season after season. The only constant is Arsene Wenger. He has to go, its just that simple.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

It's no coincidence that our decline over the last 12 years has stemmed from two things, the retirement of the greatest defence in the history of our club and the inability of Wenger to replace it with players that would put their necks on the line. Secondly Dein leaving was a massive blow, everyone knows that

I heard yesterday on talk shite some deluded idiot talk about how bad the football was under GG. Well I can tell any gooner especially the JCLs. I was proud to be a gooner in the 80s/90s, even when we where shit. Yesterday, after another humiliating defeat I feel numb about the club. It has lost its soul.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Didn't see the game yesterday. Recorded it, fadt forwarded it to the 85th minutes just to see the reaction at full time. Well done to the banner boys, plane was also impressive. The club's (or whoever) needed an Arsenal win to have a scrap of credibility.
If Wenger cared about Arsenal he would announce his retirement if only to begin healing the divisions in the Club..The divisions won't go away too easily. But Wenger doesn't care. He is a self centered egotist with the backing of a board who do not care or understand what they are doing to the club..

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Completely rudderless.

Summed up by Sanchez getting kicked from pillar to post and not one player speaking to the referee who was letting it happen. Imagine any team with a bit of desire letting that happen. Chavs didn't let United do it to Hazard and the likes of Vieira and Adams surely wouldn't.

Sky were very interested in the banners and it was a beautiful sight. Typically meek stuff on Wenger though - despite Redknapp's diatribe about the players they didn't once say and weren't once asked about whether Wenger should stay. The answer even from two of the most polished image-obsessed Wenger apologists would surely have been yes. Likewise whilst managers don't exactly normally get grilled at their post-match presser, Sky's interviewer was actually listing Wenger's excuses for him.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Also can't remember other than Blackburn and Steve Kean the last time fans held up banners en masse specifically against their manager at games.

It is a sign of the complete madness at the club and the dereliction of duty that his position isn't automatically considered to be untenable on the basis of that alone.

JimmyAFC

Post by JimmyAFC »

How many goals have we conceded because of zonal marking in the past 12 years?

Most stubborn prick I've ever come across, Wenger. Tactically inept manager.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

JimmyAFC wrote:How many goals have we conceded because of zonal marking in the past 12 years?

Most stubborn prick I've ever come across, Wenger. Tactically inept manager.
We have had a string of keepers over that time who are complete flappers and useless in the air, and the only player you ever see regularly win a contested header is Giroud.

Zonal marking gets a tough time over here but we would ship in just as many if we tried to man Mark I reckon.