Vardy

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Theoperator

Re: Vardy

Post by Theoperator »

Petit was 1000% better than Gilberto at least before his knees went.

Remember some MOTD clip when basically PV and petit simply didnt let a ball past them the whole game.

I only remember Gilberto as he was better than most since then :cry: :cry:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Theoperator wrote:Petit was 1000% better than Gilberto at least before his knees went.

Remember some MOTD clip when basically PV and petit simply didnt let a ball past them the whole game.

I only remember Gilberto as he was better than most since then :cry: :cry:
Yeah, Petit was top quality. I know there were issues in the dressing room with him and Pat Rice in particular didn't have much good to say about him when he was sold, but Petit was a fantastic player in that 98 Double.

Saw a great and humble interview he did with Ruby Wax of all people (!) years after he was sold where she asked "Do you think Arsenal miss you?" and he replied "No, but I miss Arsenal". 8)

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Clash wrote:On a previous long defunct message board I once compared Gilberto to a roadsweeper who dropped litter in the streets and got lambasted for it. The analogy was meant to describe someone who created work for himself. Gilberto was our ball winner and 'invisible wall'' etc. but so often it was him that was the one who gave the ball away in the first place. I appreciate him more now than I did then but personally I preferred Petit and Edu.

That 2006 CL and that summer with everything we lost (many of our greatest ever players, our stadium, our soul etc. ) is a real cut off point for me. I have only once watched anything of that final and that wasnt until about 2012.

As for the Pires dive, I still hear people claim we wouldnt have gone unbeaten that season were it not for that :roll: . The penalty we equalised from was in the 33rd minute FFS! Oh and MOTD conveniently edited out the Sheringham dive at the other end. Bastards!

Agree with that Clash. Gilberto constantly gave the ball away and he did it in the most dangerous of manners, exactly as my current nemesis Ramsey does (no tin hat required for that :D

Namely, we win the ball in our half, the defence, midfield and strikers all push up and a loose pass straight to the opposition takes our advancing midfield out of the game and sees the dence back- peddling like stink to deal with the counter. Of course, Ramsey will stand and watch as the opposition flood by him.

Don't think many on here will moan too much about me turning an anti Vardy thread into an anti Ramsey thread :D :D

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

Can't believe no one mentioned the biggest cheat of them all. That fuck Sergio Busquets. This MFer will have 0 contact and go down holding his face like he got hit by Mike Tyson.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee wrote:Can't believe no one mentioned the biggest cheat of them all. That fuck Sergio Busquets. This MFer will have 0 contact and go down holding his face like he got hit by Mike Tyson.
Well, originally we were talking about the PL. If we open it up to European leagues the list will be fucking endless!!! :lol: :wink:

But yeah, Busquets is an appalling cheat. :twisted:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Vardy's a C.U.N.T

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

OneBardGooner wrote:Vardy's a C.U.N.T

Can we get this back on topic please ??!! Now, about Ramsey............... :lol: :lol: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Retro Gunner wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:Vardy's a C.U.N.T

Can we get this back on topic please ??!! Now, about Ramsey............... :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Graham71 wrote:Amazingly no mention of Hazard?

Our biggest diver was that clown Eboue who went down like he was shot.Sadly he wasnt
Good shout how did I forget him :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Graham71 wrote:Amazingly no mention of Hazard?

Our biggest diver was that clown Eboue who went down like he was shot.Sadly he wasnt
Even when he was kicked in the leg he would still hold his fuckign head WTF was all that about??? :?

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Maybe it's just me but i think part of the problem comes from these modern ex-player pundits, if you look round all the channels the majority of them are either forwards or midfielders hence they have a skewed view of most of these incidents (yup i'm biased).

As an example if a defender puts his hand in an attackers face while battling for a ball it's 'a blatant foul and he should be booked', but if the attacker does it to the defender it's 'oh he was just holding the man off nothing wrong with that!!', makes me want to puke when you listen to Owen, Shearer, Lineker, Mills, Jenas, Sutton whoever open their mouths

Yes the defence of these incidents is much more prevalent when it's English players doing it but lets be honest when certain 'world class' players, in certain elite teams do it they often seem to be immune to criticism too.

As DB10 said, if FIFA, UEFA and the FA wanted to stamp it out it wouldn't be difficult :rubchin:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Seeing as this thread is about a C.unt - I thought I could post this here..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/gossip

Scroll down Two Thirds and see a picture of the Fat Goofy Dyke having just been sent off..

:lol: :lol: :lol:

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

Ruud van donkey boy was a CRUNT!! Very punchable serial diver as well! I hated that bastard along with "its a Disc race" Dogbag Drogbag. Another chinable cockwomble!!
Last edited by wilko49er on Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

Feck Me!! Forgot one of the all time greatest divers. The cannibal, Suarez. Hate this Bastardo!!! More than anyone!!...........and relax! Vardys still a ! :censored: