Vardy

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Vardy

Post by DB10GOONER »

Graham71 wrote:Amazingly no mention of Hazard?

Our biggest diver was that clown Eboue who went down like he was shot.Sadly he wasnt
:lol: :lol:

Comedy Eboue. :oops: :oops: As I said on another thread I think I have deleted him from my memory. :lol:

Comedy Eboue was the biggest cheat to ever pull on our jersey. An absolute serial diving, injury feigning, cheating bastard. :x

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Graham71 wrote:Amazingly no mention of Hazard?

Our biggest diver was that clown Eboue who went down like he was shot.Sadly he wasnt

:D :D
His dive for the free kick that led to our goal in the CL final was an outrage :D I was at the game, but Sol's goal was at the other end of the pitch from our end, so I had no idea it was a dive until the post match reports. I could never bring myself to watch a single replay of anything from the game until about 3 weeks, when for some reason I watched the sending off incident and the goals on YouTube. That was the first time I saw how outrageous Eboue's dive was.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

That was meant to say "until 3 weeks ago".... yep, almost 11 years after the game.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Retro Gunner wrote:That was meant to say "until 3 weeks ago".... yep, almost 11 years after the game.
I was at it too, mate. Never been able to watch it since. Never will. :(

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:Diving is making the game fucking embarrassing to watch tbh. It has crept in over the last 10 to 15 years and has been a huge problem for the last 5 years at least. :roll: :oops: :censored:

Worst divers (in no particular order) I've ever seen in the PL were;

Stevie Me,
Granny Botherer Rooney,
Gashley Young,
Monkey Ears Bale,
Stupid Eyebrows Deli Sandwich,
the Racist Vardy,
Fake Ronaldo,
"ShitRonaldo" Nani,
Pikey Costa,
Van LongFace.

There are others of course, but for serial diving, week in week out, you can't beat those cheating bastards. :x :censored:

My oft aired :wink: solution would work to stop this shit. First dive (based on video evidence and fuck what's in the referee's report) would be a retrospective 3 match ban. 5 match ban for second dive, 10 match ban for third dive. Also, an increasing scaled fine; One month's wages for first dive, 3 month's wages for second dive, 6 month's wages for 3rd dive.

Additional; make convicted divers wear a pink jersey with the word "CHEAT" on the back of it for their first 3 games back from suspension.

Note, I do not mention "4th dive". That's because if we introduced my system there would be no 4th dive. 8)
When I speak to Americans about " soccer"
The two biggest problems seem to be :

Not enough happens (low scores)
They dive all the time

That is the second or maybe first thing that put them off the sport, not that I give a fuck and of course some of them are proper football fans too.

The media love to say the foreigners Brang it in,but For me diving really gained traction in the UK when Owen went down to win a Pen against Argentina and press made every excuse for him.

If the press had called him out and shamed him for it, I don't think it would have crept as far into the young players in England, so the press and the FA are as much to blame as anyone, as they still overlook it now.

Pires did not start that fire, it was always burning

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Can't stand the cheating,racist,rat-faced,w.ank bandaged :censored: .....aaaaannd relax

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:That was meant to say "until 3 weeks ago".... yep, almost 11 years after the game.

You're right, don't. It certainly didn't do much for me, even this long afterwards :(

I have to say though, even though it was the CL and all gooners wanted it desperately, both me and my mate left the stadium with a sense of pride in the 10 men and bitterly disappointed as I was, I have felt far worse after lost finals. Usually with the Arsenal, we lose finals by not turning up and I was distraught after the 1980 West Ham fiasco, the pain magnified a hundred fold because it was losing to that lot. I think though, that the most devastated I have ever felt was the 2001 final against the victims, because we certainly turned up that day and the manner of the defeat (which I won't have to remind anyone on here of) was soul destroying. The stunned atmosphere on the train out of Cardiff was like nothing I've known.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Retro Gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

You're right, don't. It certainly didn't do much for me, even this long afterwards :(

I have to say though, even though it was the CL and all gooners wanted it desperately, both me and my mate left the stadium with a sense of pride in the 10 men and bitterly disappointed as I was, I have felt far worse after lost finals. Usually with the Arsenal, we lose finals by not turning up and I was distraught after the 1980 West Ham fiasco, the pain magnified a hundred fold because it was losing to that lot. I think though, that the most devastated I have ever felt was the 2001 final against the victims, because we certainly turned up that day and the manner of the defeat (which I won't have to remind anyone on here of) was soul destroying. The stunned atmosphere on the train out of Cardiff was like nothing I've known.
Yeah agreed. Wham 80 was depressing especially tied in with the Valencia loss a few days later... and the whole media love-in because Brooking scored with his never-used head made me sick. :( :roll:

The cheating mouser final 2001 still rankles with me. The only 4 crunts on planet Earth that did not see that handball were all wearing FIFA kit. Bastards. :roll: :x

In 06, we drank long and heavily in Paris that night and we were proud of how close those 10 men came to winning it. But the fact Henry bottled 2 chances, the fact that the clown Lehmann got needlessly sent off (I had said since he arrived that his stupidity would one day cost us dear) and the fact that not only did Wenger take Pires off and left Hleb on, but also that he didn't throw Bergkamp on late to score a 30 yard winner and leave the club in a style that befitted his legendary status, have all left me traumatised by that final. :|

Two very close friends of mine that were in Paris with us that night have both since died without getting to see us lift that trophy too, so it is a bad one for me.

Herd

Post by Herd »

If the reverse had happened and Vardy had been sent off the press would have a field day about Johnny Foreigner simulating but because he is English not only does Vardy get a pass they applaud him .
Our sporting press are so blinkered towards the England Players it beggars belief. Rooney and Stevie G Serial divers have had a pass by referees and the press all their playing life but I bet you my life savings (10 P) that if Rooney had decided to play for the Republic that would not have happened .England Captains get such a massive squeeze and they play on it . Before the above we had Shearer who was a dirty barsteward and then there was Bryan Robson who hacked his way through his last 3 seasons with horrific late tackles that would be red carded if committed by anyone else .

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

Michael Owen was a bad diver as well, his pen V Argentina in his "miracle game before he slowed down age 25" was terrible, but hes English so it didnt happen :oops:

The DB10 solution is ace- I like the pink top especially :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Theoperator wrote:Michael Owen was a bad diver as well, his pen V Argentina in his "miracle game before he slowed down age 25" was terrible, but hes English so it didnt happen :oops:

The DB10 solution is ace- I like the pink top especially :barscarf:
Neon pink at that! :barscarf: :lol:

NickF

Post by NickF »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Yeah agreed. Wham 80 was depressing especially tied in with the Valencia loss a few days later... and the whole media love-in because Brooking scored with his never-used head made me sick. :( :roll:

The cheating mouser final 2001 still rankles with me. The only 4 crunts on planet Earth that did not see that handball were all wearing FIFA kit. Bastards. :roll: :x

In 06, we drank long and heavily in Paris that night and we were proud of how close those 10 men came to winning it. But the fact Henry bottled 2 chances, the fact that the clown Lehmann got needlessly sent off (I had said since he arrived that his stupidity would one day cost us dear) and the fact that not only did Wenger take Pires off and left Hleb on, but also that he didn't throw Bergkamp on late to score a 30 yard winner and leave the club in a style that befitted his legendary status, have all left me traumatised by that final. :|

Two very close friends of mine that were in Paris with us that night have both since died without getting to see us lift that trophy too, so it is a bad one for me.
I'll add the 95 CWC into the mix. The section I was in were singing "Good Old Arsenal" as Nayim took his shot.
I have never sung that song since. :(

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

i won't argue with any of that, a bang on summation on all three accounts. Sorry to hear about your friends.

There is one thing I'd add to your analysis of the CL Final and that is that I hold Gilberto responsible for the sending off (notwithstanding Lehmann's brainless foul which guaranteed the red card. I have to admit (and I don't think this will be popular on here :) ) that I couldn't stand Gilberto. I thought he was crap from day one. I remember thinking when Wenger signed him, that only we could sign the only Brazilian that I couldn't recall anything about from the World Cup. His passing was dreadful, neither technically good, nor strong in he challenge, prone to giving away silly free kicks and often pretty anonymous in games. He was good in the air in both boxes, but for me, that was all he offered. I always thought that he was one of those players that an undeserved myth builds around (came to be known as the "invisible wall"....well, the word "invisible" said it all for me, I'd have just deleted the word "wall" !) much like the fucking hopeless Ramsey has amongst the media these days.

Anyway, he played an atrocious pass to Hleb, who was on the half way line, a ball that Hleb had no chance of controlling and from the break away, Lehmann gave away the foul. A client of mine, a true gooner, was a fan of Gilberto and we'd often argue about it. He was also at the game and phoned me a couple of days later to say that he thought of me instantly after the incident, agreeing that it was an awful pass. He and I (and the mate I was with) are the only three people I've ever heard mention the incident. It was what took me to youtube recently, to see the terrible pass again. Unfortunately, the footage I found does not show it very clearly.

Quite cathartic to get my Gilberto angst off my chest....now I'll get me tin hat :D :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Retro Gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

i won't argue with any of that, a bang on summation on all three accounts. Sorry to hear about your friends.

There is one thing I'd add to your analysis of the CL Final and that is that I hold Gilberto responsible for the sending off (notwithstanding Lehmann's brainless foul which guaranteed the red card. I have to admit (and I don't think this will be popular on here :) ) that I couldn't stand Gilberto. I thought he was crap from day one. I remember thinking when Wenger signed him, that only we could sign the only Brazilian that I couldn't recall anything about from the World Cup. His passing was dreadful, neither technically good, nor strong in he challenge, prone to giving away silly free kicks and often pretty anonymous in games. He was good in the air in both boxes, but for me, that was all he offered. I always thought that he was one of those players that an undeserved myth builds around (came to be known as the "invisible wall"....well, the word "invisible" said it all for me, I'd have just deleted the word "wall" !) much like the fucking hopeless Ramsey has amongst the media these days.

Anyway, he played an atrocious pass to Hleb, who was on the half way line, a ball that Hleb had no chance of controlling and from the break away, Lehmann gave away the foul. A client of mine, a true gooner, was a fan of Gilberto and we'd often argue about it. He was also at the game and phoned me a couple of days later to say that he thought of me instantly after the incident, agreeing that it was an awful pass. He and I (and the mate I was with) are the only three people I've ever heard mention the incident. It was what took me to youtube recently, to see the terrible pass again. Unfortunately, the footage I found does not show it very clearly.

Quite cathartic to get my Gilberto angst off my chest....now I'll get me tin hat :D :D
:lol:

TBH I thought Gilberto initially was good in that his positional sense was great. He often snuffed out danger just by moving into a certain area before the danger became apparent.

BUT :shock: :D

I also thought his passing was awful most of the time. And tbh he was so bad and his legs were so gone in his last season with us that he looked like a homeless drunk shambling around the pitch.

I remember that pass to Hleb, it was a shocker, but tbh Lehmann for me was the ultimate villain. Absolutely no need to Hollywood it and come charging out like that. An absolute moron who also fucked us in the CL in 2004 against the chav with his brainless charge out at Guuudjohhhnnssonn (spelling?). :roll: :banghead: :censored:

Clash

Post by Clash »

On a previous long defunct message board I once compared Gilberto to a roadsweeper who dropped litter in the streets and got lambasted for it. The analogy was meant to describe someone who created work for himself. Gilberto was our ball winner and 'invisible wall'' etc. but so often it was him that was the one who gave the ball away in the first place. I appreciate him more now than I did then but personally I preferred Petit and Edu.

That 2006 CL and that summer with everything we lost (many of our greatest ever players, our stadium, our soul etc. ) is a real cut off point for me. I have only once watched anything of that final and that wasnt until about 2012.

As for the Pires dive, I still hear people claim we wouldnt have gone unbeaten that season were it not for that :roll: . The penalty we equalised from was in the 33rd minute FFS! Oh and MOTD conveniently edited out the Sheringham dive at the other end. Bastards!