Sporting Director? On one condition

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re: Sporting Director? On one condition

Post by StuartL »

[quote="Herd"]Boys this is a coup , Gazidis will move on those around Wenger ,first out will be Dick Law who betrayed Gazidis and sided with Wenger ,then it will be Boro ,Wengers ONLY confidant !
Im finally hopeful he's going to be ousted ![/quote

Over what exactly ?

I can only hope that getting a sporting director in, removing some of Wengers power at the club, makes him think that he will not have the same control that he is used to - he has always said he wouldn't let anyone interfere in team matters and wouldn't manage at Real for example (lol :roll: )

Obviously as long as it isn't his idea / move to deflect some of the criticism that he has come in for and leaves the Sporting Director to take the flack, while poor old Arsene, on £9m a year, gamely struggles on in the face of adversity.

I guess when we know who is in the frame would reveal who has played the sporting director card.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Dick Law was supposed to be Ivans man wenger would ask Ivan he would approve it and then Instruct Dick to deal . Instead Wenger cut out the middleman . As a result Wenger and Law did the feals and all Ivan does is sign the checks. He also then got Dick to negotiate the players contracts further eroding Ivans power. Ivan has been waiting for his fay for a long time. I hope his time has come.

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

There's only one dick who lays down the law at Arsenal where transfers are concerned (Suarez, Kante etc etc etc....)