Sporting Director? On one condition

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
TeeCee

Re: Sporting Director? On one condition

Post by TeeCee »

The fact they are talking about appointing a DoF is proof that Wonga is staying on for another 2 years minimum. Of course Wonga will choose who it is, not only is he in total control but let's be honest, who else at the club, at board or senior management level, know anything about football!!?? So Wonga will have chosen his two bosses personally!!
This is very bad news all round, proof that Wonga is staying (never any doubt anyway) and yet another ally/puppet for him in a senior position. It just strengthens his hand even further!!! We must have the most ineffective board and management in professional sport!

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

TeeCee wrote:The fact they are talking about appointing a DoF is proof that Wonga is staying on for another 2 years minimum. Of course Wonga will choose who it is, not only is he in total control but let's be honest, who else at the club, at board or senior management level, know anything about football!!?? So Wonga will have chosen his two bosses personally!!
This is very bad news all round, proof that Wonga is staying (never any doubt anyway) and yet another ally/puppet for him in a senior position. It just strengthens his hand even further!!! We must have the most ineffective board and management in professional sport!
Totally agree Wenger is staying. It wouldnt suprise me if HE is the sporting director and gets a puppet like Remi Garde in as coach

silus

Post by silus »

So he signs for 2 years. Either as coach with a puppet SD, or he's the SD with a puppet coach.
The team continues on it's current downward spiral, and the next 2 seasons are a car crash, with no trophies or European football.
We then get "see, it was better with just wenger. Careful what you wish for" etc.
The SD experiment is scrapped (even tho, in reality, nothing had actually changed). Wenger is hailed as our saviour and the man to get us back where we belong and signs a new 3 year contract. He will fail to get any real success, obviously blaming the mess left by the fall guy (sorry, i meant SD), but will likely win a cup in his 3rd year , with favourable draws. We then get " we've turned a corner, wait till next season" . Theo will probably still be there and probably the captain, he'll be in the papers banging on about how " everybody will be scared of us now".
Wenger then gets another 3 year contract on the back of the cup win ....and on it goes....again...and again.....and again....and again.....

I'm off to kill myself now :cry: :cry:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

silus wrote:So he signs for 2 years. Either as coach with a puppet SD, or he's the SD with a puppet coach.
The team continues on it's current downward spiral, and the next 2 seasons are a car crash, with no trophies or European football.
We then get "see, it was better with just wenger. Careful what you wish for" etc.
The SD experiment is scrapped (even tho, in reality, nothing had actually changed). Wenger is hailed as our saviour and the man to get us back where we belong and signs a new 3 year contract. He will fail to get any real success, obviously blaming the mess left by the fall guy (sorry, i meant SD), but will likely win a cup in his 3rd year , with favourable draws. We then get " we've turned a corner, wait till next season" . Theo will probably still be there and probably the captain, he'll be in the papers banging on about how " everybody will be scared of us now".
Wenger then gets another 3 year contract on the back of the cup win ....and on it goes....again...and again.....and again....and again.....

Fuck me after reading that I'm depressed now... :cry: :cry: :cry: Scary thing is, it will most likely happen. :worried: :|

Been a while but; #May2025 :suicide:

silus

Post by silus »

DB10GOONER wrote:
silus wrote:So he signs for 2 years. Either as coach with a puppet SD, or he's the SD with a puppet coach.

Fuck me after reading that I'm depressed now... :cry: :cry: :cry: Scary thing is, it will most likely happen. :worried: :|

:lol: sorry mate. This SD rumour has really got to me. I just see it as a bad thing at this stage. As I said before, it could just be the pessimist in me as far as Arsenal are concerned, but I doubt it.

Fuck it....the sun's shining and I've for 4 days off. I'm going to try to forget about it until Saturday.. .when hopefully the plane will appear and cheer me up.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

silus wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

:lol: sorry mate. This SD rumour has really got to me. I just see it as a bad thing at this stage. As I said before, it could just be the pessimist in me as far as Arsenal are concerned, but I doubt it.

Fuck it....the sun's shining and I've for 4 days off. I'm going to try to forget about it until Saturday.. .when hopefully the plane will appear and cheer me up.
That's the way to look at it, mate. 8)

Herd

Post by Herd »

The Director of football ruse is a master stroke form Gazidis and the timing perfect .
He knows that Wenger will not want a Director of football who would report to the board and not be a “Wenger Puppet “ but in the eyes of the Owner he can be seen to
be trying to help ,lighten the load of TOF . Gazidis also thinks it might push Wenger over the edge and not renew .
Wenger will try and get them to appoint someone under him but Gazidis I reckon already has someone in mind and will put his Own man in there .
One thing is for sure Ivan the terrible is making his move ,he wouldn’t announce this unless he has a plan ,he’s too clever for that !

Sean

Post by Sean »

Agree with most here. On face value, a sporting director is a good idea, although with TOF's Arsenal, they would be nothing more than a puppet that would be a convenient lightening rod for TOF's wilful failures. We can never have a manager with this much power ever again. The cúnt has made himself unsackable through sheer power alone in this last decade of failure.

I'd love to see TOF and his lame-duck coaches all swept clean when he finally goes. I fear Silus is correct though. I hope Herd is right about Gazidis trying to use what little power he has to light a fire under TOF. It does scream of misdirection though. It's a clever way of trying to appease the protesters. If only they could just come out and announce TOF is going at the end of the season, it would cut out all the bullshit. As for the position, one day I'd like to see a GG-era man in there and in an ideal world a few of those on the board too. We need a break from TOF's cult; if the position went to one of TOF's flunkies, it'd be like he never left.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Boys this is a coup , Gazidis will move on those around Wenger ,first out will be Dick Law who betrayed Gazidis and sided with Wenger ,then it will be Boro ,Wengers ONLY confidant !
Im finally hopeful he's going to be ousted !

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:Boys this is a coup , Gazidis will move on those around Wenger ,first out will be Dick Law who betrayed Gazidis and sided with Wenger ,then it will be Boro ,Wengers ONLY confidant !
It ain't happening, mate. Ivan can want it all he likes, but he's an amateur when it comes to cunning. Wenger is the real deal. :|

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Hope youre right Herd but i cant see it, this is a Wenger ruse not a Gazidis one

Herd

Post by Herd »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Herd wrote:Boys this is a coup , Gazidis will move on those around Wenger ,first out will be Dick Law who betrayed Gazidis and sided with Wenger ,then it will be Boro ,Wengers ONLY confidant !
It ain't happening, mate. Ivan can want it all he likes, but he's an amateur when it comes to cunning. Wenger is the real deal. :|
Il agree with that DB ,Wenger indeed makes Niccolo Machiavelli look like an honest fool ,BUT Gazidis who has tried to flex his muscles more than once but has been thwarted by Wenger might see this as his chance.

However if your right and it's a defensive Wenger move to shoe in a stooge then It's a fucking master stroke ..........................................oh God no no no .................he's fucked us again !

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Il agree with that DB ,Wenger indeed makes Niccolo Machiavelli look like an honest fool ,BUT Gazidis who has tried to flex his muscles more than once but has been thwarted by Wenger might see this as his chance.

However if your right and it's a defensive Wenger move to shoe in a stooge then It's a fucking master stroke ..........................................oh God no no no .................he's fucked us again !
I hope you are right about Gazidis, mate. I really do. But this reeks of a Wenger masterstroke to me. :(

Herd

Post by Herd »

Bubble truly popped. !
Early euphoria has given way to a queasy anxious feeling .
They will take the manager-ship of Arsenal from his cold dead handss !

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Herd wrote:Bubble truly popped. !
Early euphoria has given way to a queasy anxious feeling .
They will take the manager-ship of Arsenal from his cold dead handss !
Not even sure they'll manage it then :banghead: