Rocky

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Paulio

Re: Rocky

Post by Paulio »

Brilliant programme. I could watch that old footage all day.

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

augie wrote:I set my sky box to record it, but it asked me if I wanted to record just this episode or the series - is there more than 1 episode ?
I think that there is a "series" of different films,like the Rocky one and the one that they did about the Crazy Gang.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BFG4

Re: Rocky and Wrighty

Post by BFG4 »

Pete on the beach wrote:anyone got a link, if we dont have BT?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2byZj3oz3U

goonergeoff

Post by goonergeoff »

It is a disgrace that Rocky was not in the program a total lack of class from the club. Also a lot of so called fans did not join in the 7th minute applause for Rocky. I have no time for a large amount of people who now infest our support. :cussing: :banghead:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

goonergeoff wrote:It is a disgrace that Rocky was not in the program a total lack of class from the club. Also a lot of so called fans did not join in the 7th minute applause for Rocky. I have no time for a large amount of people who now infest our support. :cussing: :banghead:
It seems to me that a lot of our support would have no idea who Rocky is, as he did not play for us after Wenger founded us in 1996. :roll: :x

REB

Post by REB »

watching rocky and wrighty now as its up on you tube. the passion from the players back then compared to the pricks who we have now :cry:

NickF

Post by NickF »

DB10GOONER wrote:
goonergeoff wrote:It is a disgrace that Rocky was not in the program a total lack of class from the club. Also a lot of so called fans did not join in the 7th minute applause for Rocky. I have no time for a large amount of people who now infest our support. :cussing: :banghead:
It seems to me that a lot of our support would have no idea who Rocky is, as he did not play for us after Wenger founded us in 1996. :roll: :x
This. Rocky played for us near 30 years ago now. :shock:
A lot of the old school fans have gone now and most in the Emirates don't know/care about the history of the club.

But even the club only flashed a picture of him on the screen for a few seconds.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Recorded it will watch it with my kids tonight

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

too busy taking selfies or playing on their iPad....went to one CL game and 2 wankers in front were just talking about TV programmes ignoring the game ......

Went to a CL game at Chavs once with a friend from abroad who wanted to see a game, and in front there were 2 neanderthals constantly giving Drogba abuse....

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

phpBB [video]

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

I would happily chip in some money to have somebody make a big crowd surfer banner of that picture of Rocky and Wrighty at The Dell. It would be fucking beautiful to have that draped over the tiers at the bowl and passed over the heads of the fans.

NickF

Post by NickF »

Amazing programme full of great memories.
The thing that comes across was the camaraderie they had back then which is sadly missing now, maybe from football in general.

Rocky crying when he was told he was leaving Arsenal and Wrighty saying that the light goes out when you leave.
These players actually knew what it meant to play for us.

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:I would happily chip in some money to have somebody make a big crowd surfer banner of that picture of Rocky and Wrighty at The Dell. It would be fucking beautiful to have that draped over the tiers at the bowl and passed over the heads of the fans.

Great idea, IF there is any money left over from the protests :oops: :oops: Perhaps it could go to that as well :?

robbo10

Re: Rocky and Wrighty

Post by robbo10 »

BFG4 wrote:
Pete on the beach wrote:anyone got a link, if we dont have BT?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2byZj3oz3U
Cheers BFG4,that was fucking brilliant,
So touching,its been said a million times on here before but that was no age for Rocky to go,also loved the togetherness of that squad,not like the melts we currently have,also some great footage of Highbury, how much does that make me miss "home",that was probably the last group of players that had any affinity with us fans,