Rocky

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Rugby Gooner

Re: Rocky

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Just for info,
The Rocky film is on B.T. Sport again tonight,5/4, at 10.30pm. :barscarf:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Rugby Gooner wrote:Just for info,
The Rocky film is on B.T. Sport again tonight,5/4, at 10.30pm. :barscarf:
Just got to watch it last night, When you listen to the former players and see the footage it is impossible not to feel sentimental about a football club that one belonged to us..It belonged to the players and to the fans..Met Rocky on a few occasions thankfully, watching last night only sevrved to remind me what a gentleman he was.

slag

Post by slag »

enjoyed that doc.....33 so young

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

slag wrote:enjoyed that doc.....33 so young
Absolutely loved it. Wrighty was and always will be my favourite player, and Rocky was slightly before my time but that documentary was one of the most powerful things I've ever watched and made me prouder to be a Gooner than any recent performance I can remember.

I remember the game after he died against Spurs. It was really like a funeral atmosphere. FAir play to that lot, couldn't hear a mouse breathe during the minute of silence. Of course we beat them.

The likes of Rocky sum up what this club is about.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Today would have been Rocky's 50th birthday..by an amazing coincidence today is also the 25th anniversary of his last game for Arsenal..the last day of the old North Bank..Arsenal supporters watching Arsenal players who knew what it meant from a terrace..Today we have overpaid wimps being watched (or experienced) by tourists from padded seats..

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Bradywasking wrote:Today would have been Rocky's 50th birthday..by an amazing coincidence today is also the 25th anniversary of his last game for Arsenal..the last day of the old North Bank..Arsenal supporters watching Arsenal players who knew what it meant from a terrace..Today we have overpaid wimps being watched (or experienced) by tourists from padded seats..
^^^ This 1,000,000% ^^^

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:Today would have been Rocky's 50th birthday..by an amazing coincidence today is also the 25th anniversary of his last game for Arsenal..the last day of the old North Bank..Arsenal supporters watching Arsenal players who knew what it meant from a terrace..Today we have overpaid wimps being watched (or experienced) by tourists from padded seats..
What Rocky would think of the current overpaid ponces that shame our famous jersey... :|

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Wonderful write up about Rocky from last April around the time of what would have been his 50th Birthday;

https://www.theguardian.com/football/bl ... ndon-derby

:barscarf: :banner: :crest: :redwhite: 8)

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 8:24 am
What Rocky would think of the current overpaid ponces that shame our famous jersey... :|

Are you talking about who I think you're talking about? :wink: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:59 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:

Are you talking about who I think you're talking about? :wink: :wink:
Yes. Sanchez. :shock:

:D :wink:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
You cannot help but think,if he were still alive,he'd be another player who has Arsenal in his soul but no coaching role at the club,Wenger would see to that I'm sure.