Karanka sacked

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
northbank123

Re: Karanka sacked

Post by northbank123 »

Seems harsh to me. Did a great job keeping them up last year and they're about where you'd expect them to be.

That said they do seem to have been on a slow but steady decline for months. Can't say I've watched enough of them to have a definitive opinion but at this stage in the season and given that they are exactly in complete free fall I'm sceptical.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Herd wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
Herd wrote:He was apparently at Gods side when he created the earth in 7 days ,God thought it would take weeks and months !

Ah Herdus, verily thou art a heretic. He and God are inseparable, they are as one. Hast thou heard not of the Holy Quartet....God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit and Arsene ??!

Get thou to the confessional for your penance, lest yes should burn in Hell's eternal fires.

Arsene is the Light, the only true way.
In the beginning Wenger created the heaven and the earth.
Islington was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of Ashburton.
And the Spirit of Wenger moved upon the face of the waters.
And he said let there be Emirates and there was Emirates !
And he saw it was good and all his own work.
Sorry Herd im a Wathiest

Graham71

Post by Graham71 »

Sean wrote:Bit harsh. Seeing as he took them up in the first place.
Harsh? In recent years CL winner Di Matteo Double winner Ancelotti Premier league winners Pellegrini Mourinho and Ranieri have all been sacked within 12 months of winning those trophies.Meanwhile back in Wengerland our serial loser has a new contract on the table

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Herd wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
Herd wrote:He was apparently at Gods side when he created the earth in 7 days ,God thought it would take weeks and months !

Ah Herdus, verily thou art a heretic. He and God are inseparable, they are as one. Hast thou heard not of the Holy Quartet....God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit and Arsene ??!

Get thou to the confessional for your penance, lest yes should burn in Hell's eternal fires.

Islington was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of Ashburton.

:lol: :lol:
You are redeemed my son, a true disciple. Go spread the word of Wenger.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Herd wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

You are redeemed my son, a true disciple. Go spread the word of Wenger.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Top work lads. 8)

Herd

Post by Herd »

And Wenger said verily ,the misfortune that befalleth us shall not be a plague of mine own making, but a wretched curse that of the unbelievers, and the soothsayers and nay Sayers .
Verily they will have scorn poured upon them as hot, as any oil in hell for they foolishly would not heed the word of Wenger ,which was good .
Those to whom would take the Lord Wengers name in vain shall be set upon and banished even unto Middlesex and the stinking swamp where other cursed beasts reside .Lo the Lord Wenger will smite his enemies and defeat them with a covenant lasting for many more moons ,and equilibrium shall return to the surface of the earth ,and Wenger will have domain over all things man and beast !
He will cast out the Bug eyed and ambitious and reward mediocrity with gold, for this is the way of the Wenger !

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

:lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:And Wenger said verily ,the misfortune that befalleth us shall not be a plague of mine own making, but a wretched curse that of the unbelievers, and the soothsayers and nay Sayers .
Verily they will have scorn poured upon them as hot, as any oil in hell for they foolishly would not heed the word of Wenger ,which was good .
Those to whom would take the Lord Wengers name in vain shall be set upon and banished even unto Middlesex and the stinking swamp where other cursed beasts reside .Lo the Lord Wenger will smite his enemies and defeat them with a covenant lasting for many more moons ,and equilibrium shall return to the surface of the earth ,and Wenger will have domain over all things man and beast !
He will cast out the Bug eyed and ambitious and reward mediocrity with gold, for this is the way of the Wenger !
:coffeespit:

Literally pissing myself here! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Herd wrote:And Wenger said verily ,the misfortune that befalleth us shall not be a plague of mine own making, but a wretched curse that of the unbelievers, and the soothsayers and nay Sayers .
:coffeespit:

Literally pissing myself here! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Quality. That last line is brilliant.

The only unfunny aspect ? I don't for one minute think that Arsene would find this anything but accurate :| .

Herd

Post by Herd »

The only unfunny aspect ? I don't for one minute think that Arsene would find this anything but accurate :| .
Thou shalt have no other gods before Wenger .
Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for Wenger the Lord thy God is a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

So if you tolerate this then your children will be next will be next will be next !

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Herd wrote:
Thou shalt have no other gods before Wenger .
Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for Wenger the Lord thy God is a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

So if you tolerate this then your children will be next will be next will be next !

:D

I'm impressed by your knowledge of the Bible. I'm sure that most of us on here wouldn't have a clue where to find an appropriate passage in the Good Book. Didn't have you down as a born again type :) , or is it just an adeptness with Google searches ?

Perhaps back in the 70's you were known as "The Preacher in High Leg Martens" !! :D

I think we should be told.........

Herd

Post by Herd »

Beleive it or not I was quite religious until I was about 12 when i sussed the bible was a nice collection of fairy stories and nothing more .
I went to a Cathedral school Kings Rochester from 8 to 14 which meant we attended church every day and had the st James English Bible rammed down our throats . Then I discovered the joys of travelling the country for free by rail following the Arsenal and never looked back !
I'm the only one of my family what speaks with an accent which I acquired at Arsenal however being able to talk dead posh like was a useful tool when getting arrested and going to court 4 or 5 times a season as it invariably got me off scott free ! In fact my mates called me 16-1 as theonly conviction for football hooliganism I ever had was the only time I was innocent ! funny old world !

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Herd wrote:Beleive it or not I was quite religious until I was about 12 when i sussed the bible was a nice collection of fairy stories and nothing more .
I went to a Cathedral school Kings Rochester from 8 to 14 which meant we attended church every day and had the st James English Bible rammed down our throats . Then I discovered the joys of travelling the country for free by rail following the Arsenal and never looked back !
I'm the only one of my family what speaks with an accent which I acquired at Arsenal however being able to talk dead posh like was a useful tool when getting arrested and going to court 4 or 5 times a season as it invariably got me off scott free ! In fact my mates called me 16-1 as theonly conviction for football hooliganism I ever had was the only time I was innocent ! funny old world !

:lol: :lol: Glad your old school tie routine got you off the hook more often than not. I've never been up before the beak for football hooliganism, but I suspect my comprehensive school tie and Bethnal Green accent would have done a lot more harm than good ! :)

So are you from the Medway Towns ? I always had you down as an Islington boy. Is King's Rochester connected to King's Canterbury and King's Taunton etc ?.....is there in fact a connection with the various "King's" schools, or were they simply all set up by the Crown ?

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

Herd wrote:Beleive it or not I was quite religious until I was about 12 when i sussed the bible was a nice collection of fairy stories and nothing more .

I always assumed you were from down Luton Road way, like some of my less respectable mates, not one of those posh King's kids whose caps we used to nick!!

Herd

Post by Herd »

well we lived in downsview and i went to luton infants until my nan paid me to go to prep school. then we moved to the ridgeway

born uch first lived 54 drayton park moved back to ldn age 16