Where's Wally?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
flash gunner

Re: Where's Wally?

Post by flash gunner »

Answer to the thread title........ Who cares

Babu

Post by Babu »

Theoperator wrote:Has anyone else noticed hes slowed down as well, his pace is deserting him. Just his shot left, when he is lucky enough to get a rebound :oops:
Well, quite clearly you have never worked a day in football.
Mr. Wenger wrote:He has become more of a complete player, more efficient.
He does better in the tactical part of his game and works hard defensively and offensively. He has been less injured as well, that helps.
Also, don't forget that Walcott is a BIG GAME PLAYER!!!
Mr. Wenger wrote:He has turned up in big games as well, he can score goals in big games. He showed that against Bayern, he scored the goal and I think it was a penalty on him and he can influence games.
He INFLUENCED that game.

Otherwise it would have been 5-0
Mr. Wenger wrote:The major quality of Theo is the quality of his receptions - that means he gets the ball in areas where he is extremely dangerous and that is a very intelligent part of a football player.
Actually I think Wenger was alluding that Theo answers the phone for him. ?!?

You could NOT make this last bit up...
After years of insisting he saw himself as a central striker, Walcott had an epiphany last summer and asked Wenger to be kept out wide - with the 67-year-old pleased with the results.

"I was always convinced, because of the quality of his runs, that he was a central striker," he added.

"He for a while was as well but he made up his mind during the summer break and he feels more comfortable on the right."

Asked if he had been told by Walcott where he wanted to play, Wenger replied: "Yes.

"He is fair, he said 'if you give me the choice I would prefer to play on the right but if you need I will play through the middle'. (On the right) is his preferred position and it is true that it is where he is most efficient."
What a C.U.N.T!

http://www.eurosport.co.uk/football/ars ... tory.shtml

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I am actually now concerned for Walcott's whereabouts and well being. It's Thursday already and not a single comment yet along the lines of "We have shown what we can do, and the other teams are wary of us". :shock:

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:I am actually now concerned for Walcott's whereabouts and well being. It's Thursday already and not a single comment yet along the lines of "We have shown what we can do, and the other teams are wary of us". :shock:

Cant get his place in a shit/average England squad .........I suspect that he will be keeping a low profile until he scores the winner against citeeh next week, and then we'll have to listen to him spout shite about that win scaring the shit the bejaysas out of them before the cup semi :roll: :oops:

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:I am actually now concerned for Walcott's whereabouts and well being. It's Thursday already and not a single comment yet along the lines of "We have shown what we can do, and the other teams are wary of us". :shock:
Or,"My Missus is the most beautiful creature to have ever walked the planet,my house is almost as massive as my pay cheque,and I get days off when I say,not my boss."