MAN CITY HOME GAME THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: MAN CITY HOME GAME THREAD

Post by OneBardGooner »

FUCK THE GAME! Unless you are taking in a WENGER OUT! Banner - Fuck the Game just make sure you are there to Protest! Outside! :barscarf:

#WENGEROUT

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

SteveO 35 wrote:Liking the way the fixtures are shaping up after the international break:

Liverpool at home to Everton in the Saturday lunchtime kick off. Everton are fucking dog shit at Anfield and don't think they've won there since Kevin Campbell's day so fully expecting a home win and the Mickeys 9 points ahead of us in 4th

United are at home to West Brom, and I'm betting a pound to a pinch of shit that Dawson doesn't score a brace of headers up there or that Rondon has their centre halves wetting themselves every time the ball is played long......so United to win at a canter (as every other team in the top 8 has done against West Brom funny enough), and will be 5 points clear of us in 5th

Scum have Burnley away and despite this much praised home record of Burnley I'd expect them to win that and they will be 12 points above us in second

Not that Chavski should come into it but for the record they've got Palace at home so will be......wait for it......22 points clear of us :D

Lose against City (or even draw) and that's all folks - finally the Be All and End All will be out of sight and thank fucking Christ for that. I hate the fucker anyway, and I think its one of the few things that the modern luvvie football snobs that attend the Bowl and lick Wenger's arse truly care about.....so it could well turn even some of those c.unts against him

I can't bring myself to cheer for City.......I won't ever cheer against the team.......but in the greater good it would completely shoot the last remaining chance of qualifying for that wretched thing up in smoke just at the time the old renewals come a knocking. I knew if I stuck enough needles in my Kroenke doll the old c.unt would pay for wrecking this club one day. Hope Wenger signs for 2 more years and wastes all the fucking money on another lorry load of shite like Cech, Chambers, Xhaka etc........one day we'll get our club back

City to win 1-3
This. What SteveO said.

General

Post by General »

flash gunner wrote:Win and Wengers off the hook
No way in hell we are winning this. This team is a nervous wreck and completely gripped by fear thanks to the negative energy from Le fraud. Like ex scum happy Harry said, when you're going through this slump you don't sleep and it affects the team. I'm not exaggerating when I say we could lose every single game from now till the end of the season.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

General wrote:
No way in hell we are winning this. This team is a nervous wreck and completely gripped by fear thanks to the negative energy from Le fraud. Like ex scum happy Harry said, when you're going through this slump you don't sleep and it affects the team. I'm not exaggerating when I say we could lose every single game from now till the end of the season.
and I could see us scraping into 4th :? justifying Wengers new contract

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

flash gunner wrote:
General wrote:
Yep, me too. We've been here so many times before. We could easily finish 6th or 7th. We could just as easily finish top 4. :| Our problem (apart from Wenger and not enough great players) is inconsistency. We are neither consistently good or consistently bad (within the remit of the PL). We will have a run of bad results, and nothing obvious will happen to change that, but we will then have a run of good results. Never bad enough to finish mid table, but never good enough to win the PL. This happens every single year - for over a decade now. :roll:

I do agree that this "should be" the year we finally fall out the mythological Top 4 bollocks, but then I would not bet serious money on it either... :|

General

Post by General »

flash gunner wrote:
General wrote:
I really couldn't and we are in uncharted waters with Le fraud's contract situation, fan unrest and media scrutiny. In the past teams like Liverpool and scum have conspired to open the door for us but I can't see it happening this season. Our fixture list is probably the toughest out of the lot.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

General wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
General wrote:
I really couldn't and we are in uncharted waters with Le fraud's contract situation, fan unrest and media scrutiny. In the past teams like Liverpool and scum have conspired to open the door for us but I can't see it happening this season. Our fixture list is probably the toughest out of the lot.
I think liverpool are an accident waiting to happen and also the scum and united. We could overtake any/all of those 3

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

flash gunner wrote:
General wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
General wrote:
I think liverpool are an accident waiting to happen and also the scum and united. We could overtake any/all of those 3

Absolutely no chance of top 4 this time round. We're gone like never before. Wenger has neither the ability, nor the players to turn this around. The squad could punch a lot harder under different guidance, but they are bereft of confidence and belief and, it seems, riven by disunity. You don't come back from where we are. We ought to be looking over our shoulder at Everton rather than looking up.

It's over. Sadly, he ain't going anywhere yet.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

DB10GOONER wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
General wrote:
Yep, me too. We've been here so many times before. We could easily finish 6th or 7th. We could just as easily finish top 4. :| Our problem (apart from Wenger and not enough great players) is inconsistency. We are neither consistently good or consistently bad (within the remit of the PL). We will have a run of bad results, and nothing obvious will happen to change that, but we will then have a run of good results. Never bad enough to finish mid table, but never good enough to win the PL. This happens every single year - for over a decade now. :roll:

I do agree that this "should be" the year we finally fall out the mythological Top 4 bollocks, but then I would not bet serious money on it either... :|

not that I think we will get top 4 this season BUT if we draw with Man City we will have exactly the same number of points at this stage of the season as last....

and things have been worse at this stage. In 2006 we only had 41 points (50 now) but STILL got top 4.

General

Post by General »

@Retro Gunner

Exactly my thoughts. We are absolutely at the point of no return and Le fraud knows this. Anyone who thinks we've been here before should look at things a bit more closely. There is zero confidence and belief in this team and we are not even creating chances any more. Historically Le fraud's teams have always taken an eternity to come out of a slump but unfortunately or fortunately there is little time for them to wallow in self pity.

augie

Post by augie »

flash gunner wrote:
General wrote:

Over a month ago you were adamant that wenker was going (and that was even before Bayern away), so why have you changed your mind flash ? :? After the Bayern away leg I thought that he was a dead man walking, but then he rode out that storm and even though I wasn't as sure, I still felt that he wouldn't renew - now I am almost convinced that he will sign the new deal and in doing so will finally sap the last remaining piece of devotion that I have to AFC :cry: :cry:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

augie wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
General wrote:

Over a month ago you were adamant that wenker was going (and that was even before Bayern away), so why have you changed your mind flash ? :? After the Bayern away leg I thought that he was a dead man walking, but then he rode out that storm and even though I wasn't as sure, I still felt that he wouldn't renew - now I am almost convinced that he will sign the new deal and in doing so will finally sap the last remaining piece of devotion that I have to AFC :cry: :cry:
The reports coming from his closest sources ie John Cross and the like are all saying he is staying. I'll be devastated if he does and cant quite believe he would but these Cross type sycophants dont make these statements without hearing something or their rep. as a reporter in the wider scene would be shot to pieces

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

General wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
General wrote:
Mate, you keep driving this point about "uncharted waters". Not having a pop at you here but where have you been for the last decade? We've been here on numerous occasions under Wenger. In 2006 (4th), 2012 (3rd), 2013 (4th), 2016 (2nd) - all seasons where we either grasped 4th place on the last day or where we pipped the scum on the last day. And there's probably one or two I've forgotten! Remember Chesney and the infamous last day selfies? :oops: :wink:

Last season the scum only had to draw with an already relegated Toon on the last day... the Toon even went down to 10 men... and the scum got the hiding of their life 5-1. :lol: 8)

Never underestimate the vermin's ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. :lol: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

General wrote:@Retro Gunner

Exactly my thoughts. We are absolutely at the point of no return and Le fraud knows this. Anyone who thinks we've been here before should look at things a bit more closely. There is zero confidence and belief in this team and we are not even creating chances any more. Historically Le fraud's teams have always taken an eternity to come out of a slump but unfortunately or fortunately there is little time for them to wallow in self pity.
Again, we've been here before with Wenger. I know you weren't on here last season but take a read back through the scum thread and a couple others and you'll see all these exact same posts repeated. Nothing really has changed, except that last year's pathetic and frankly embarrassing damp squib protest has taken on new life this year because better people are now involved, not just the couple of attention-seeking, social media whore, streetfighter-wannabe, tossers we had last season. And of course there were also good people that tried their best last year too. It's just that now we have more of them, and less of the attention seekers. 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
General wrote:

I convinced Flash of the sad and terrible truth of #May2025, augie, :lol: :wink: