The January "He Looks Quite Good" Transfer Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: The Fake News Summer Transfer Thread

Post by OneBardGooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:46 pm
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... Mbappe-PSG

:D :D :D :D

Apparently we nearly signed Mbappe twice :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

ONE ARSENE WENGER.......THERE'S ONLY ONE ARSENE WENGER
So had we done so it would have cost us :rubchin: :rubchin: :rubchin: £332Million (£166 x 2)

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Abou's a free agent lads.

Might be the only thing that would make me part with hard earned cash seeing the rebirth of a player more talented than all of our current midfielders combined. Ramsey, Xhaka, Cock-e-lin, Elneny......or the return of the great man? Can anyone honestly say they'd prefer any of those 4 two bob never will be's or never has been's, compared to old twinkle toes?

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:50 pm

Might be the only thing that would make me part with hard earned cash seeing the rebirth of a player more talented than all of our current midfielders combined. Ramsey, Xhaka, Cock-e-lin, Elneny......or the return of the great man? Can anyone honestly say they'd prefer any of those 4 two bob never will be's or never has been's, compared to old twinkle toes?

Twinkle toes, glass ankles, matchstick knees and shit for brains.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

GranadaJoe wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:37 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:

First three comments are fair enough....the last one is way out of line mate. FFS - there isn't a more dense midfielder anywhere in Europe than Xhaka is there. A fucking Swiss Eric Dier - if there was a bolt through his neck it wouldn't be out of place, useless c.unt.

Abou has given me more pleasure in his fleeting appearances than any of those useless robotic *word censored* would give me in another 500 games

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

GranadaJoe wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

:bowing21: very good, made my morning.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

GranadaJoe wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

And a Millionaire thanks to wenker. :?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Did you know they have now named the Medical Centre at Arsenal after him..Re-christened:

The Abou Accident Unit. :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:

Yes, can you just remind us, what were those two things Diaby did in that 9 year period - I'm almost sure one of them was a goal... :rubchin:

:lol: :wink:

NickF

Post by NickF »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:52 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:

Yes, can you just remind us, what were those two things Diaby did in that 9 year period - I'm almost sure one of them was a goal... :rubchin:

The other would be knocking John Terry out!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

NickF wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:31 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:52 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:

The other would be knocking John Terry out!
That was the other one! :barscarf:

But even then it was a miskick - he swung a fresh air at the ball and accidently caught the biggest cúnt in the box, happily. :lol: 8)

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Can't believe all you miserable bastards haven't picked up on all the exciting transfer rumours doing the rounds. Looks like the catalyst for change is really happening!

Arsenal face competition from Newcastle for 23-year-old Atlanta United midfielder Miguel Almiron. (Calciomercato, via Daily Mirror)

The Gunners are also ready to bid for unhappy Chelsea winger Charly Musonda, 21. (Foot Mercato, via Daily Mail)

Arsenal are set to bid for Napoli star Jorginho. The 25-year-old midfielder is, however, unlikely to leave the Serie A club in January. (Transfer Market Web, via Daily Star)

I mean when we're rivalling the financially doped Newcastle on big name signings, signing players that are far too good for Chelsea, and enquiring about Serie A's finest, what more would it take for you to see what "a European elite" we've become in the 11 years since we moved

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:27 pm
Can't believe all you miserable bastards haven't picked up on all the exciting transfer rumours doing the rounds. Looks like the catalyst for change is really happening!

Arsenal face competition from Newcastle for 23-year-old Atlanta United midfielder Miguel Almiron. (Calciomercato, via Daily Mirror)

The Gunners are also ready to bid for unhappy Chelsea winger Charly Musonda, 21. (Foot Mercato, via Daily Mail)

Arsenal are set to bid for Napoli star Jorginho. The 25-year-old midfielder is, however, unlikely to leave the Serie A club in January. (Transfer Market Web, via Daily Star)

I mean when we're rivalling the financially doped Newcastle on big name signings, signing players that are far too good for Chelsea, and enquiring about Serie A's finest, what more would it take for you to see what "a European elite" we've become in the 11 years since we moved
Charly Charly, Charly Charly :barscarf:

£30, 000 a week for 5 years before you bugger off to join Jay Emmanuel Thomas in the Sunday park kick about league.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

From BBC Website:

"Arsenal full-back Hector Bellerin, 22, is wanted by Juventus and the Italian giants have made contact with the Spain defender's representatives."

If true, he will be offski in the Summer, let's just hope he takes wengercunt with him.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Sounds like Nabil Fekir is our 'replacement' for Ozil (and Sanchez :roll: ) £60M they say, look they say - we spend big!, then we will recoup most/all of it by saving wages and possibly getting a fee for one or both of Ozil and Sanchez.

Not seen a lot of him but is highly rated but I just don't think he can be anywhere near Sanchez level yet and with Wenger in charge it doesn't matter who we sign he wont use them correctly anyway.

It's a no win situation really - we need the season to go really tits up to make Wenger leave next summer but in doing so we are out of the CL and wont be able to attract the best players and will get more "austerity" measures in place by the poisonous American regime, however if we do well, which at this point really revolves around winning cups - the EL gets us back in the CL etc. then Wenger will stay on.

:censored: :banghead:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:08 pm
Sounds like Nabil Fekir is our 'replacement' for Ozil (and Sanchez :roll: ) £60M they say, look they say - we spend big!, then we will recoup most/all of it by saving wages and possibly getting a fee for one or both of Ozil and Sanchez.

Not seen a lot of him but is highly rated but I just don't think he can be anywhere near Sanchez level yet and with Wenger in charge it doesn't matter who we sign he wont use them correctly anyway.

It's a no win situation really - we need the season to go really tits up to make Wenger leave next summer but in doing so we are out of the CL and wont be able to attract the best players and will get more "austerity" measures in place by the poisonous American regime, however if we do well, which at this point really revolves around winning cups - the EL gets us back in the CL etc. then Wenger will stay on.

:censored: :banghead:
Saw that article...also saw an article over the weekend that said he's looking at paying 35m for Zaha to replace Sanchez. He will fit right in...he only shows up every now and again anyway and once he meets Ramsey,Giroud, Walcott and that lot, he'll soon realize that is all Wenger requires.

I was going to include Xhaka & Ozil but they don't bother to show up at all.