The January "He Looks Quite Good" Transfer Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Nos89

Re: Summer Transfer Thread

Post by Nos89 »

flash gunner wrote:oh dear

Can we turn this into an EU thread or a religion one?
The Arsenal is my religion and i want Wenger out, guess that's covered then.

wibble

Post by wibble »

augie wrote:Only signing I am interested in, is the signing of the new manager - anyone know the best odds for this ?
Odds on manager for next season- Wenger 1/3

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Nos89 wrote:
flash gunner wrote:oh dear

Can we turn this into an EU thread or a religion one?
The Arsenal is my religion and i want Wenger out, guess that's covered then.
Amen! :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Saw This On Twitter...I think it says it ALL :(

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/arsenal ... -transfers

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Wenger staying and Sanchez off to Chavs....fucking nightmare scenario...

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Redarmy wrote:Wenger staying and Sanchez off to Chavs....fucking nightmare scenario...
It's all set up for the loudest chorus of "Arsene Wenger, we want you to stay" at Stamford Bridge next season whilst we take 85 minutes to register a shot on goal in a 2-0 stroll in the park for them.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

That's ok One Bard, it means that all the cretins at the bowl can gnash their teeth and howl at him should he return with the chavs. Booing him every time he touches the ball and spewing their vile invective, because he had the nerve to do what every half decent player with half a brain has done during the last 10 years......left to join a genuinely ambitious and properly run club.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:

That's ok One Bard, it means that all the cretins at the bowl can gnash their teeth and howl at him should he return with the chavs. Booing him every time he touches the ball and spewing their vile invective, because he had the nerve to do what every half decent player with half a brain has done during the last 10 years......left to join a genuinely ambitious and properly run club.
I know mate - But for me Alexis is the first player we have had since the Invincibles who truly would fit right in to that team and because of Wenger's arrogance and intransigence we will lose him, I don't blame Alexis in any way shape or form, and would always give him a warm welcome, because anyone with an iota of intelligence knows it is all down to Wenger and his inability to mange and his unbelievable arrogance not to step down knowing full well he is no longer capable of managing THE Arsenal to success.

#ALEXIS STAY

#WENGER OUT

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

northbank123 wrote:
Redarmy wrote:Wenger staying and Sanchez off to Chavs....fucking nightmare scenario...
It's all set up for the loudest chorus of "Arsene Wenger, we want you to stay" at Stamford Bridge next season whilst we take 85 minutes to register a shot on goal in a 2-0 stroll in the park for them.
2-0? with Sanchez in their team and out of ours it will be more like another 6-0 humiliation.

I don't think he'll go there though, even our board are not crazy enough to sell to them, well not when there is a more logical destination for him outside the PL anyway, I think he'll be at Bayern next season, is this what Gazidis meant by competing with them?, losing 10-2 and selling our best player to them?.

:twisted: :evil:

The rate we're going we'll be struggling to compete with Spurs and Everton let alone Bayern or Barca ffs.

MrT

Post by MrT »

Hazard to Madrid, Sanchez to the rentboys.

Can't wait for next season to see Sanchez dinking Cech as they stroll to a 3-0 win.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Sanchez won't end up at the chav. Wenger is too cunning for that. He knows that would push a good few fence sitters into the WOB camp. :roll:

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

DB10GOONER wrote:Sanchez won't end up at the chav. Wenger is too cunning for that. He knows that would push a good few fence sitters into the WOB camp. :roll:
Absolutely, I mean who would be so stupid to sell your best player to another competitor :oops: :oops: :oops:

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

Theoperator wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:Sanchez won't end up at the chav. Wenger is too cunning for that. He knows that would push a good few fence sitters into the WOB camp. :roll:
Absolutely, I mean who would be so stupid to sell your best player to another competitor :oops: :oops: :oops:
Right.

Or who would be so stupid to refuse to buy back a world class midfielder and let him fuck off to Chelsea because it would kill Ramsey.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Theoperator wrote:
Maybe Conte should give Wenker a tinkle, I'm sure he'll be happy to bend over backwards to accommodate any direct request.

Wenker Out