The January "He Looks Quite Good" Transfer Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Perryashburtongroves

Re: The Fake News Summer Transfer Thread

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:08 am
Sky sources: PSG will make a £35m offer for Alexis Sanchez next week. Sanchez has 12 months left on his Arsenal contract.

Arsenal's position remains that Sanchez is not for sale. Sanchez's representatives are asking PSG for a contract worth £500,000 a week.

lol £35M, they know we're in a pickle thanks to not tying him down to a new deal ages ago, they know we will be worried about him walking away to Etihad FC in 12 months.

I hope P$G get Sanchez and Neymar just to show what a total clusterfuck FFP has been, no doubt their "commercial partners" will just make their sponsorship deal £350M a year instead of £250M just so they can stay within the rules.

Manchester City have agreed a fee worth more than £51m to sign Monaco left-back Benjamin Mendy - how much have they spend this summer now? £200M?.

Football is wrecked thanks to money but as they say if you can't beat them...

#UsmanovIn
#KroenkeOut

It's quite nice to see Barcalona having their players tapped up for a chance. Years the *word censored* have been doing it to others so now they can have a taste of what it's like. Fucking cheating UEFA luvvies.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

How the fuck is pep regarded as a good manger! Just after spinning over 100 mil on a left and right back.

Only thing he's good at is spending other people's money.

As said the game is ruined because of it

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

storrmin571 wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:15 pm
SSN Chelsea open talks over AOC.
I hope not Ox has ability and is a decent player, I'd much rather we got shot of walcott (who is useless) and ramsey (mr hollywood flicks) anyday.

Rumours :roll: that we are in for Everton's barkley - Just include Giroud ina swap & cash deal and that would be good busniess.

Get shot of Gibbs
Walcott
Ramsey
Elneny
and Chambers (He has ability and potential but needs a proper defence coach and a decent manager to fully realise those)
Debouchy
That would save a fortune in wages.

I would prefer we keep Perez than giroud or welbeck any day...Perez is a very good player a 'Fox in the Box' who has always played well when wengercuntslop has given him a chance.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Wenger fucks about for weeks regarding lemar. City do business in a matter of days

This wouldn't suggest that all the lemar stories were bullshit? :rubchin:

MrT

Post by MrT »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:37 am
Just as fucking predicted isn't it? Shit for Brains get his one main target signing done early doors (lets hope it works out as well as Xhaka and Cech did eh?) and then as all the other teams buy the real top talent like Morata, we fuck arse around haggling for a no mark like Lemar - a man more average than Joe L'Average himself.

Nice to see Arsene's changed this year

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
Lemar is far from average but everything else is spot on.

Cohen Bramall looks every bit the non-league entity he was plucked from. Looks way out of his depth.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I sincerely hope that Wenger signs Lemar for something like £50m+ to go with the other £50m he wasted on Joe L'Average who is currently waddling around wearing lead boots in China!

£100m spent on 2 players, and then a quick fire sale of Alexis and The Ox in the last week of the window, plus the money gained from Chesney (a keeper who is better than the 2 planks we're left with) , which means we'll end the window with a weaker squad and having invested a net amount of probably not more than £20m

Not a mention of a keeper, defender or midfielder in the window. This is the worst Arsenal team in more than 20 years, and I'm telling you 7th is the highest we will finish.

I hope that wig wearing c.unt enjoys every second of seeing Shit for Brains throw £50m a pop after shit players and take us further down the table

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:33 pm
I sincerely hope that Wenger signs Lemar for something like £50m+ to go with the other £50m he wasted on Joe L'Average who is currently waddling around wearing lead boots in China!

£100m spent on 2 players, and then a quick fire sale of Alexis and The Ox in the last week of the window, plus the money gained from Chesney (a keeper who is better than the 2 planks we're left with) , which means we'll end the window with a weaker squad and having invested a net amount of probably not more than £20m

Not a mention of a keeper, defender or midfielder in the window. This is the worst Arsenal team in more than 20 years, and I'm telling you 7th is the highest we will finish.

I hope that wig wearing c.unt enjoys every second of seeing Shit for Brains throw £50m a pop after shit players and take us further down the table
You tell em Steve. :box: :barscarf:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:03 am
Sky sources: Arsenal have rejected a £10m bid from West Brom for left-back Kieran Gibbs. It is thought Arsenal are looking for closer to £12m for the player.

Wtf - I know we usually get s**t money for our sales but Gibbs is totally surplus now and eating up £50-60K a week, WBA will probably walk away now and we'll be stuck with him!, maybe not but why risk it?, just f*cking get things moving ffs it nearly August.

:banghead:
£10m is a decent enough price for a 2nd rate, 2nd choice (3rd now) left back who can't cross or use his right foot.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:33 pm

Absolutely. The *word censored* is wasting shit money on shit players. That 45m is the same as 12-15m a few years back. It buys you an average, untested player from a shit league that nobody else wanted. Lacazette is the new Chamakh. Bang average. Our fucking joke of a manager and fucking joke of a press team giving it the big 'un about spending 45m on a player when the Chavs have just spent or will spend 60m on Morata, City are about to blow 52m, Man Utd spent 90m on Pogba and Neymar is being chased for 192m. We're just fucking pathetic and still managing to look small time. Nothing's going to change, nothing at all. Sanchez is off, he was the difference between 5th and 8th last year. Bollocks to Lacazette, bollocks to that Bosnian bloke, they're bang average 6th-7th place in the league players. Fuck off Wanker.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

The way I see it is that we can't compete with United, Chelsea and City who will likely dominate the PL for the next decade or more, mainly because we have a s**t owner who backs a s**t manager, our place is fighting it out with Liverpool and Spurs for the last CL spot, so basically the last 12 years or so of "paying off the Emirates" has got us nowhere, we are in the same situation as we were a decade ago, a better manager would likely mean we are more competitive but it's a moot point with Kroenke around because we simply wont get one.

A domestic cup every 5-10 years, Europa league and on the fringe of CL places - this is our place now - so why the f*ck would you waste any money on this second rate club?, I only watched today's match because it was free TV and it was p*ssing down with rain outside, if the weather was better I would have been doing more interesting things like mowing the grass or walking the dog.. yes it's detox time this season.

:evil:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:53 am
How the fuck is pep regarded as a good manger! Just after spinning over 100 mil on a left and right back.

Only thing he's good at is spending other people's money.

As said the game is ruined because of it
Given a bottomless pit of money and thrown 180m away on a keeper and a few full backs.

Frightening.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:59 pm
The way I see it is that we can't compete with United, Chelsea and City who will likely dominate the PL for the next decade or more, mainly because we have a s**t owner who backs a s**t manager, our place is fighting it out with Liverpool and Spurs for the last CL spot, so basically the last 12 years or so of "paying off the Emirates" has got us nowhere, we are in the same situation as we were a decade ago, a better manager would likely mean we are more competitive but it's a moot point with Kroenke around because we simply wont get one.

A domestic cup every 5-10 years, Europa league and on the fringe of CL places - this is our place now - so why the f*ck would you waste any money on this second rate club?, I only watched today's match because it was free TV and it was p*ssing down with rain outside, if the weather was better I would have been doing more interesting things like mowing the grass or walking the dog.. yes it's detox time this season.

^^^This In Spades^^^

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

interesting snippet....

John Cross reckons that Oxlade-Chamberlain has had quite a few meetings with Wenger over his contract situation, and has made the decision not to re-sign with Arsenal. He has insisted that the stand-off is absolutely nothing to do with the new wages offered (believed to be around 100,000 a week) but simply “is ambitious and is desperate to push himself and realise his full potential.”

get ready for Arsenal Spin

RobG

Post by RobG »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:22 am
sk-gtfo wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:59 pm

^^^This In Spades^^^

It's hard to disagree. :cry: :cry: :cry:

markyp

Post by markyp »

Redarmy wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:59 pm
interesting snippet....

John Cross reckons that Oxlade-Chamberlain has had quite a few meetings with Wenger over his contract situation, and has made the decision not to re-sign with Arsenal. He has insisted that the stand-off is absolutely nothing to do with the new wages offered (believed to be around 100,000 a week) but simply “is ambitious and is desperate to push himself and realise his full potential.”

get ready for Arsenal Spin
so I guess Ox will be the next player to be slagged off when he leaves?we moan about players enjoying the easy life at Arsenal commanding big wages whilst coasting under zero pressure and surrounded by a losing metality but when they leave to win the big stuff and play in a team of winners to better themselves they are called mercenaries,cant wait for the OX slagging to start