The January "He Looks Quite Good" Transfer Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
sk-gtfo

Re: The Fake News Summer Transfer Thread

Post by sk-gtfo »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:08 am

The thing is Red, it may be rumour but Wenger had a chance to get him for peanuts!
So in effect the scouting system or really Wengers scouting system has failed, managers attract talent and as we have seen with the exception of Sanchez, Wenger no longer has that pulling power! put into the mix an uninterested club owner, then it is a recipe for eventual disaster...
CL is a big draw too, would a young talented Buck want to play on Europes showcase competition with potential mouth watering fixtures and regular finals, or would he rather play in the Pisspot of the Europa!
And the cash he can earn in bonuses and lucrative image rights will be highlighted by his advisor!....
Exactly we are FUBAR.

Unambitious owner who is more than happy with a domestic cup every 5-10 years (just like his s**t US teams).

Complicit manager who is more interested in his own ego than the good of the club and despite what he says about reinventing himself, surrounds himself with yes men and is resistant to change.

No CL - this combined with the two even bigger issues above means we are going nowhere apart from backwards.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:08 am
Redarmy wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:46 am
Allgunsblazin wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:35 am
MrT wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:49 pm
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footba ... sip-Monaco

“Wenger, he is a great,” a source said. :lol:

“If Mbappe were to sign for Arsenal tomorrow, it would be for him. :lol:

“He knows how to produce youngsters and especially former French international team forwards, Thierry Henry and Nicolas Anelka. Only playing in the Europa League is not an obstacle for him.” :lol:

The report says Arsenal would only be a temporary destination though with a move to the likes of Real Madrid targeted in the future.

“Either he will go to a stepping-stone club, or directly to a great club.''

If his team honestly think a move to Arsenal under Wenger would be in his best interests then they need to be medicated. In the infinitesimal chance in some alternative universe he does actually sign, it would be horrible to watch the next great footballing prospect reduced to scrapping for top 4 and the odd FA Cup.
Let's see! Real Madrid or Arsenal.... :hmmthink:
You are right why would an 18 year old risk his future and being saddled with quote "building a team around him"...
If anything he should be nurtured, and when I saw him play I was amazed by his talent, something I had not seen for a very long time...
But in the semi against Juve he struggled because the Italians did a good job on him and restricted him then the head went down which for a very young man is about right...
Personally I would love him to come, but Real Madrid should be his destination, not just about the money, but who is actually going to develop him...
Zinedine Zidane is the man for him, not a clutch at straws persona!....

Agreed absolutely no choice to be made, we are a fucking joke club run by a mad man...

Also at £100 million plus it seems crazy money to spend on Mbappe?
The thing is Red, it may be rumour but Wenger had a chance to get him for peanuts!
So in effect the scouting system or really Wengers scouting system has failed, managers attract talent and as we have seen with the exception of Sanchez, Wenger no longer has that pulling power! put into the mix an uninterested club owner, then it is a recipe for eventual disaster...
CL is a big draw too, would a young talented Buck want to play on Europes showcase competition with potential mouth watering fixtures and regular finals, or would he rather play in the Pisspot of the Europa!
And the cash he can earn in bonuses and lucrative image rights will be highlighted by his advisor!....

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.indepe ... html%3Famp

Don't know if that link will work but I do remember it at the time and Wenger did try and get mbappe when his contract expired but I guess the guy being a real Madrid fan has his heart set on them, time will tell how good he is.

Wonder if we will go back in for vardy :?

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Have we signed Mpabbe yet?

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

I get the impression that Lacazette doesn't really want to sign for us. He would be off to A Madrid if they didn't have a transfer ban. How did we become a club nobody wants to sign for and our best want to leave. Well the Kroenke/Wenger partnership have managed that. If you saw a club never challenge for the title and lose every time in the Champ League after the group stages with an angry fan base then you would stay well clear.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:30 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:49 pm
Allgunsblazin wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:04 pm
I do not expect too much activity coming into the club with no CL money to come, but I expect the exit door to be revolving like the Tasmanian Devil!..
Of course we will keep his darlings who blow hot and cold throughout!....

. :suicide:
I Totally Concur.
To quote a fellow forum member

I totally concur with your totally concurring :wink:
In that case I can only concur with your concurring of my concurring of my concurrence of another's statement. :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

supergeorgegraham wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:23 pm
I get the impression that Lacazette doesn't really want to sign for us. He would be off to A Madrid if they didn't have a transfer ban. How did we become a club nobody wants to sign for and our best want to leave. Well the Kroenke/Wenger partnership have managed that. If you saw a club never challenge for the title and lose every time in the Champ League after the group stages with an angry fan base then you would stay well clear.
One Word:

"Wenger"

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 03741.html

-----------------

Is this why we haven't signed anyone (freebie aside)?, if this was PSG, City or Chelsea we'd suddendly get a new "commerical parter" in Gazprom, Etihad or whoever but not us, no it's good 'ol austerity measures in full swing now from KSE Inc. I find it quite laughable fans actually want to fund this charade of a club.

Oh and Wenger has done his bit as well by putting average players like Giroud, Iwobi, Debuchy, Gibbs, Wilshere etc etc on close to or over a £100K a week..

:censored:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Have we moved 'The Boy Wonder' on yet.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Can I ask the obvious question which is why, if this money existed, was it not spent on players a year or 18 months ago when we were actually in that fucking stupid champions league thing and were in with a chance of challenging for the league?

This really is lamentable pathetic. There is no fucking way that this Mbappe is coming anywhere near our club. The club have no intention at all of signing him and it's beneficial both ways. Wanker and Kroenke can give the impression that they care and are showing ambition and the player and his agent can ramp up the wages, fees and bonuses when he joins Real Madrid or Man City by claiming there's other interested parties. Even contemplating spending €140m on a 19 year old when you've got Wanker in charge, a shit goalkeeper, piss-weak midfield, shit coaching, Walcott and Giroud is fucking horrifically misguided. It's like a man living in a one-bed flat with no roof or heating telling everyone that he's going to install a swimming pool. Fuck off Wanker, fuck off Kroenke, you're just embarrassing yourselves and the club even further.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:24 am
Can I ask the obvious question which is why, if this money existed, was it not spent on players a year or 18 months ago when we were actually in that fucking stupid champions league thing and were in with a chance of challenging for the league?

This really is lamentable pathetic. There is no fucking way that this Mbappe is coming anywhere near our club. The club have no intention at all of signing him and it's beneficial both ways. Wanker and Kroenke can give the impression that they care and are showing ambition and the player and his agent can ramp up the wages, fees and bonuses when he joins Real Madrid or Man City by claiming there's other interested parties. Even contemplating spending €140m on a 19 year old when you've got Wanker in charge, a shit goalkeeper, piss-weak midfield, shit coaching, Walcott and Giroud is fucking horrifically misguided. It's like a man living in a one-bed flat with no roof or heating telling everyone that he's going to install a swimming pool. Fuck off Wanker, fuck off Kroenke, you're just embarrassing yourselves and the club even further.

Or further back than that even, I remember about 2 years back when we had a huge cash reserve in the bank, it was obvious the new TV deal would be huge and would "devalue" the football currency, but like most things these days we were behind the times and it cost us as the money sat there until we had to pay £35M for the likes of Xhaka and Mustafi, both £15M players the year before!.

It makes me laugh when people say how well run Arsenal are, although I don't seem to hear that much over the last few years, how exactly are we a "model club"?, until 3 years ago we sold our best players to turn a profit and the only other reason we are solvent is fleecing the fans.

Anyway apparently Wenger has called Mbappe personally now to try and persuade him to join Arsenal, I can actually believe this as he has done this sort of thing in the past, the question is will it work these days?, he is going to look a bit desperate and out of ideas if he doesn't pull it off. Most likely he'll decide to join an ambitious club and we'll panic buy Lacazette.

Anyone checked Lacazette's 37 goals last season on YouTube?, at least 10 of them were pens.. :roll:

NickF

Post by NickF »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:35 am

Anyway apparently Wenger has called Mbappe personally now to try and persuade him to join Arsenal, I can actually believe this as he has done this sort of thing in the past, the question is will it work these days?, he is going to look a bit desperate and out of ideas if he doesn't pull it off. Most likely he'll decide to join an ambitious club and we'll panic buy Lacazette.
According to L'Equipe during the phone call, Wenger in detail discussed his view on what Kylian Mbappé's entire career plan should be.
You can imagine the response, "that's all very nice, now who the f**k are you again?"

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:24 am

Or further back than that even, I remember about 2 years back when we had a huge cash reserve in the bank, it was obvious the new TV deal would be huge and would "devalue" the football currency, but like most things these days we were behind the times and it cost us as the money sat there until we had to pay £35M for the likes of Xhaka and Mustafi, both £15M players the year before!.

It makes me laugh when people say how well run Arsenal are, although I don't seem to hear that much over the last few years, how exactly are we a "model club"?, until 3 years ago we sold our best players to turn a profit and the only other reason we are solvent is fleecing the fans.

Anyone checked Lacazette's 37 goals last season on YouTube?, at least 10 of them were pens.. :roll:
Exactly, we signed Cech and no outfield players despite being, as usual miles off the pace, but we kept our powder dry for another year,or two,or three :roll: :roll: :banghead:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

NickF wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:42 am
sk-gtfo wrote:

According to L'Equipe during the phone call, Wenger in detail discussed his view on what Kylian Mbappé's entire career plan should be.
You can imagine the response, "that's all very nice, now who the f**k are you again?"
:D. Presumably, the career guidance went along the lines of, go to Real Madrid, play for Zidane, get paid a load of money and then if it all goes tits up, join Man City or Juventus.

Swiss Tony Adams

Post by Swiss Tony Adams »

sk-gtfo wrote:

Done it now, 11 pens, a few far-post "fox-in-the-box" finishes, a few where his pace beats the defenders and he goes round/lobs the keeper, a couple from outside the box.
Seems OK, for our new-found status as a second-tier Club.

1. scramble in the box
2. long punt from goalie, prob. offside
3. on a plate for him
4. pen
5. pen
6. shot from the edge of the box
7. pen
8. pen
9. lovely through-ball, rounds the keeper
10. pen
11. far-post tap in
12. pen