The January "He Looks Quite Good" Transfer Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Midz

Re: The Fake News Summer Transfer Thread

Post by Midz »

Mbappe is an exciting prospect but ultimately Real Madrid bound so would be wasteful for us to spend on. So if we take him out of the equation who realistically should we be looking at?

Lacazette was considered to be a very good move at the beginning of last season.

Who else?

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

Instead of wasting nearly £50 on Lacazette, The money should be spent on Lukaku a proven Centre Forward in the PL.

Swap Sanchez for Aguero
Sell Ozil to Bayern for £25m + Sanches

I would be happy with a front 3 of Aguero, Lukaku and Sanches

Midz

Post by Midz »

Lacazette for nearly £50 would be a real bargain. :D :D

I know what you meant, only teasing.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

postmanPat91 wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:46 am
Allgunsblazin wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:35 am
MrT wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:49 pm
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footba ... sip-Monaco

“Wenger, he is a great,” a source said. :lol:

“If Mbappe were to sign for Arsenal tomorrow, it would be for him. :lol:

“He knows how to produce youngsters and especially former French international team forwards, Thierry Henry and Nicolas Anelka. Only playing in the Europa League is not an obstacle for him.” :lol:

The report says Arsenal would only be a temporary destination though with a move to the likes of Real Madrid targeted in the future.

“Either he will go to a stepping-stone club, or directly to a great club.''

If his team honestly think a move to Arsenal under Wenger would be in his best interests then they need to be medicated. In the infinitesimal chance in some alternative universe he does actually sign, it would be horrible to watch the next great footballing prospect reduced to scrapping for top 4 and the odd FA Cup.
Let's see! Real Madrid or Arsenal.... :hmmthink:
You are right why would an 18 year old risk his future and being saddled with quote "building a team around him"...
If anything he should be nurtured, and when I saw him play I was amazed by his talent, something I had not seen for a very long time...
But in the semi against Juve he struggled because the Italians did a good job on him and restricted him then the head went down which for a very young man is about right...
Personally I would love him to come, but Real Madrid should be his destination, not just about the money, but who is actually going to develop him...
Zinedine Zidane is the man for him
, not a clutch at straws persona!....
At the least he'd pick up some decent head-butting techniques, still more than he'd learn under Wanka :oops:
Cost me a small fortune that sending off wouldn't mind if he had connected!... :lol:

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Always rated him,but watching the Under-21s Euros,
Why the fuck did we let Gnabry go,and keep Walcott?? :evil:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footbal ... 72551.html

------------------------

Weird situation really, Giroud is ahead of Lacazette in the French NT but we seem to want Lacazette more than Giroud..

Personally if Giroud wants regular first team football we need to move him on, as we've all seen most games where he starts he has been s**t, he's only any good as a "plan B".

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Rugby Gooner wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:12 pm
Always rated him,but watching the Under-21s Euros,
Why the fuck did we let Gnabry go,and keep Walcott?? :evil:
Attitude. Gnabry didn't seem to tow the Wenger line. Also, after his failed loan spell at WBA when he fell out with pulis seem to have gone against him.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Rosie_titters wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:29 pm
Instead of wasting nearly £50 on Lacazette, The money should be spent on Lukaku a proven Centre Forward in the PL.

Swap Sanchez for Aguero
Sell Ozil to Bayern for £25m + Sanches

I would be happy with a front 3 of Aguero, Lukaku and Sanches
Why change the front 3 completely when we only need 1 more world class addition to have the best front 3 in the country?

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Lacazette is odds on now to become an Arsenal player, I have seen bookies quoting 4/10 or less. He is a much better option up front than Giroud, can finish with his left and right foot both inside and outside the box. He also takes a mean penalty. How many times have we seen our players miss penalties in recent seasons. Personally I would take him in a heartbeat he is like a modern day Ian Wright. If we can keep Ozil, Lacazette will score for fun in the PL.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:37 am
Lacazette is odds on now to become an Arsenal player, I have seen bookies quoting 4/10 or less. He is a much better option up front than Giroud, can finish with his left and right foot both inside and outside the box. He also takes a mean penalty. How many times have we seen our players miss penalties in recent seasons. Personally I would take him in a heartbeat he is like a modern day Ian Wright. If we can keep Ozil, Lacazette will score for fun in the PL.
Yes he has some pace as well, which Giroud badly lacks, although Giroud scored a hatful of goals in the French league

Yeah an upgrade but not a world beater and if we the loose Sanchez it will be a disaster

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

There is one player who we should be trying to sign but there is no mention of him and that player is Dortmans Aubamarang. Can't spell his name but he is truly world class not like Lacazette who seems an after thought. A desperate signing cause no one else wants to come

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Redarmy wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:17 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Yes he has some pace as well, which Giroud badly lacks, although Giroud scored a hatful of goals in the French league

Yeah an upgrade but not a world beater and if we the loose Sanchez it will be a disaster
All that bookies odds stuff is shite, was same with Higuain, big assumption being made that he will sign, despite no one else apparently being interested
Wenger offering £44 million and they want £57 million

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Much more like it this morning:

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger will consider signing Manchester United forward Anthony Martial, 21, should the Gunners lose out to Real Madrid for Kylian Mbappe, 18. (Mail on Sunday)

No chance of getting the better player, so lets settle for the United reject instead

Lyon's president says Arsenal will have to improve their bid to €65m (£57m) if they want to sign 26-year-old forward Alexandre Lacazette. (L'Equipe - in French)

Been talking for weeks but still no closer to a deal - lets see if we can string it out for another 2 months

Arsenal's 19-year-old forward Chris Willock is set to sign for Benfica on a free transfer. (Sunday Mirror)

Another supposed wonderboy striker going to fuck off for nothing having failed to make the grade here - 21 years in charge and still unable to produce a single youth team striker who makes an impact on the first team

ONE ARSENE WENGER......THERE'S ONLY ONE ARSENE WENGER

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:28 am
Much more like it this morning:

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger will consider signing Manchester United forward Anthony Martial, 21, should the Gunners lose out to Real Madrid for Kylian Mbappe, 18. (Mail on Sunday)

No chance of getting the better player, so lets settle for the United reject instead

Lyon's president says Arsenal will have to improve their bid to €65m (£57m) if they want to sign 26-year-old forward Alexandre Lacazette. (L'Equipe - in French)

Been talking for weeks but still no closer to a deal - lets see if we can string it out for another 2 months

Arsenal's 19-year-old forward Chris Willock is set to sign for Benfica on a free transfer. (Sunday Mirror)

Another supposed wonderboy striker going to fuck off for nothing having failed to make the grade here - 21 years in charge and still unable to produce a single youth team striker who makes an impact on the first team

ONE ARSENE WENGER......THERE'S ONLY ONE ARSENE WENGER

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
YEAH, thats more like it!!!!!.... :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: ....a Manx fucking reject...that will get the sheep excited.....

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Redarmy wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:26 am
Redarmy wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:17 am
nut flush gooner wrote:

All that bookies odds stuff is shite, was same with Higuain, big assumption being made that he will sign, despite no one else apparently being interested
Wenger offering £44 million and they want £57 million
Higuain was never that short odds wise. If you don't believe the bookies why don't you go onto betfair and lay against it happening. Bookies get it right more often than not or they would go bust. Regardless, Lacazette would be the best finisher we have had at the club since RVP. If this drags out over the summer, Wenger will get a lot of flack. I for one don't want a repeat of last season with no fit strikers available for the first game.