The January "He Looks Quite Good" Transfer Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
NickF

Re: The Fake News Summer Transfer Thread

Post by NickF »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:21 am
Redarmy wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:26 am
Redarmy wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:17 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:37 am
Lacazette is odds on now to become an Arsenal player, I have seen bookies quoting 4/10 or less. He is a much better option up front than Giroud, can finish with his left and right foot both inside and outside the box. He also takes a mean penalty. How many times have we seen our players miss penalties in recent seasons. Personally I would take him in a heartbeat he is like a modern day Ian Wright. If we can keep Ozil, Lacazette will score for fun in the PL.
Yes he has some pace as well, which Giroud badly lacks, although Giroud scored a hatful of goals in the French league

Yeah an upgrade but not a world beater and if we the loose Sanchez it will be a disaster
All that bookies odds stuff is shite, was same with Higuain, big assumption being made that he will sign, despite no one else apparently being interested
Wenger offering £44 million and they want £57 million
Higuain was never that short odds wise. If you don't believe the bookies why don't you go onto betfair and lay against it happening. Bookies get it right more often than not or they would go bust. Regardless, Lacazette would be the best finisher we have had at the club since RVP. If this drags out over the summer, Wenger will get a lot of flack. I for one don't want a repeat of last season with no fit strikers available for the first game.
You think Wenger cares? This is a despot who doesn't give a sh*t what anyone things.
If you're going to spend best part of 60m on a striker, then I would rather have Aubameyang than Lacazette.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

NickF wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:01 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
Lacazette is odds on now to become an Arsenal player, I have seen bookies quoting 4/10 or less. He is a much better option up front than Giroud, can finish with his left and right foot both inside and outside the box. He also takes a mean penalty. How many times have we seen our players miss penalties in recent seasons. Personally I would take him in a heartbeat he is like a modern day Ian Wright. If we can keep Ozil, Lacazette will score for fun in the PL.
Yes he has some pace as well, which Giroud badly lacks, although Giroud scored a hatful of goals in the French league

Yeah an upgrade but not a world beater and if we the loose Sanchez it will be a disaster
All that bookies odds stuff is shite, was same with Higuain, big assumption being made that he will sign, despite no one else apparently being interested
Higuain was never that short odds wise. If you don't believe the bookies why don't you go onto betfair and lay against it happening. Bookies get it right more often than not or they would go bust. Regardless, Lacazette would be the best finisher we have had at the club since RVP. If this drags out over the summer, Wenger will get a lot of flack. I for one don't want a repeat of last season with no fit strikers available for the first game.
You think Wenger cares? This is a despot who doesn't give a sh*t what anyone things.
If you're going to spend best part of 60m on a striker, then I would rather have Aubameyang than Lacazette.
Ohh Wenger does care, he's very self aware. When ever there's a bad result he looks like he's aged another few years. Don't think that the fans who are against him don't cause him anxiety, they do big time.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

Don't follow any odds, its a mugs game
Wenger is oblivious to any criticism
No CBs last season for the Liverpool game, Wenger said he was not ready

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

NickF wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

Agreed think this guy is overpriced, yes he's a step up from Giroud but not enough to make us challenge seriously for Trophies

MrT

Post by MrT »

Lacazette is the French Defoe 2.0

Minor improvement, nothing more.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Redarmy wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:38 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

Don't follow any odds, its a mugs game
Wenger is oblivious to any criticism
No CBs last season for the Liverpool game, Wenger said he was not ready
Wasn't Wenger odds on to leave this summer?

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

MrT wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:41 pm

Exactly and at around £50 million not cheap....anyway why is no one else chasing him, not heard of anything ??

If we want to compete, challenge for titles and have a real go in the CL we Need Top quality, not the next level down

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

The only transfer I want to hear about is that Alexis is NOT being transferred

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Linked with Martial in today's DM.......... :oops:

Apex-2575

Post by Apex-2575 »

Tbh for me it isnt about whos worth it and who isnt, its about showing ambition. So what if he isnt worth 55m? Pogba wasnt worth 90m, John Stones wasnt worth 50m and neither was Torres, but just show some ambition and take risks

If they dont want Lacazette, then go for Aubameyang, he has proven himself in the champions league and nobody can complain at him.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

NickF wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

All day long...Aubameyang is "Quality" and can turn a game when all the odds seems stacked against us. He also has that similar give 101% every single game type mentality as Alexis.

markyp

Post by markyp »

Apex-2575 wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:50 pm
Tbh for me it isnt about whos worth it and who isnt, its about showing ambition. So what if he isnt worth 55m? Pogba wasnt worth 90m, John Stones wasnt worth 50m and neither was Torres, but just show some ambition and take risks

If they dont want Lacazette, then go for Aubameyang, he has proven himself in the champions league and nobody can complain at him.
Buying Lacazette isn't ambition though is it?buying lewandowski is showing ambition even if he cost 80m, Lacazette is merely a sanchez replacement and in typical wenger tradition a piss poor one,as for taking a risk its a loser straight off,Lacazette reminds me of the exact kind of player that Liverpool would have signed over the recent years

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

MrT wrote:

Defoe is better than any striker we've had in 5 years, and I don't count Alexis as a striker. Very underrated Defoe, even surrounded by shit at Sunderland he gave a decent return. Before he went to Spurs I would have taken him over Adebarndoor any day. Defoe is effectively Ian Wright 20 years on, only he didn't have DB10 to set up hat loads of goals for him.

With regards to Lacazette yes Aubemayang is probably a better striker, but with City after him don't expect him to come to us. I do still think Lacazette can be a 20 plus a season goalscorer in the league, something Giroud hasn't achieved in 5 years at the club.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:23 pm
MrT wrote:

Defoe is better than any striker we've had in 5 years, and I don't count Alexis as a striker. Very underrated Defoe, even surrounded by shit at Sunderland he gave a decent return. Before he went to Spurs I would have taken him over Adebarndoor any day. Defoe is effectively Ian Wright 20 years on, only he didn't have DB10 to set up hat loads of goals for him.

With regards to Lacazette yes Aubemayang is probably a better striker, but with City after him don't expect him to come to us. I do still think Lacazette can be a 20 plus a season goalscorer in the league, something Giroud hasn't achieved in 5 years at the club.
Agree about Defoe, put him in any team and he will score 20 goals a season

markyp

Post by markyp »

Redarmy wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:40 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:23 pm
MrT wrote:

Agree about Defoe, put him in any team and he will score 20 goals a season
my best mate is a Spuds fan and ive said many times to him that Defoe is a quality striker but he says Defoe can go weeks and weeks without scoring