The January "He Looks Quite Good" Transfer Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Midz

Re: The January "He Looks Quite Good" Transfer Thread

Post by Midz »

greengooner wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:36 am
why oh why are all our transfers such drawn out tedious bags of s**t, seriously by the time anything actually happens or collapse's you really don't give a toss.
absolutely spot on mate!

Midz

Post by Midz »

Kingralph wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:51 am
Anyone else feeling like Aubamyang is this years Gonzalo Higuin!?
definitely until i see it on .com

scotgooner

Post by scotgooner »

If Sanchez goes and we get that boys name a canni spell and that other boys name a canni spell I’ll be buzzing!

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Not even Brazilian jockey's playing in the land of Wenger worship want to come and play for the old turdbag anymore - what a shame!

Bordeaux will not sell 20-year-old Brazilian forward Malcom this month leaving Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger to look elsewhere for attacking reinforcements. (The Sun)

Oh dear :D

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:01 pm
Not even Brazilian jockey's playing in the land of Wenger worship want to come and play for the old turdbag anymore - what a shame!

Bordeaux will not sell 20-year-old Brazilian forward Malcom this month leaving Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger to look elsewhere for attacking reinforcements. (The Sun)

Oh dear :D
And all the while Lacazette wonders why the fuck he bothered coming here.......

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

JoshIM2150 wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:43 am
Not sure if already answered, but how would our starting XI look if we do sign Mkhitaryan and Aubameyang?

Partner Lacazette and Auba up front?
4-4-2 Dimaond?

I would love to see us line up like that.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Guys....

I'm starting to fall for it. The whole potential of Auba in an Arsenal shirt excites me (steady now Rodders) and I'm actually believing it could happen.

I know he comes with baggage and what not but at the end of the day he has the performance levels to back it up.

I don't believe for one second that Mhiki doesn't want to come. He has previous stated he likes Arsenal and he is a guaranteed starter; I believe a lot of the hold up is to do with his agent trying to bleed both clubs dry. "My client doesn't want to break the other two years of his contract just because you want X, grease the wheels" and "my client is in no real need to join your club given your current form and need for a player of his qualities (his words) so in order for things to be considered..."

The prospect of them both at Arsenal is excited.

It would be even more exciting if we play two up top!

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Aubameyang and Malcom aren't coming

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Some unheard of piece of dump from the depths of Ligue 1 might be coming

ONE ARSENE WENGER.......THERE'S ONLY ONE ARSENE WENGER

NickF

Post by NickF »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:01 pm
I don't believe for one second that Mhiki doesn't want to come. He has previous stated he likes Arsenal and he is a guaranteed starter;
But he hasn't exactly set the premier league alight at United and they are offloading him after a season and a half.
Our record on Man Utd rejects isn't good.

If he joins us I would love him to succeed but I fear he is another Silvestre/Welshit.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

I'm not one to sympathise with mediocre players but I think it is fair to say that the best wasn't seen of him under Mourinho's park the bus style of play.

No doubt there is a high risk but if he can play in a style (Wenger...style...don't get me started) in which we can get the best out of him then we have done a good deal. If he does link up with his mate Auba then that could also be a benefit.

I'm trying to be hopeful that we are finally doing something positive.

augie

Post by augie »

Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:42 pm
I'm not one to sympathise with mediocre players but I think it is fair to say that the best wasn't seen of him under Mourinho's park the bus style of play.

No doubt there is a high risk but if he can play in a style (Wenger...style...don't get me started) in which we can get the best out of him then we have done a good deal. If he does link up with his mate Auba then that could also be a benefit.

The most positive thing happening this month is the offloading of shite/mediocre players like wally and coquelin, and hopefully they will be followed out the door by giroud (I would like to see cech and wellshit leave too, but that aint happening). Not shite players who I also think should be gone this month are sanchez and ozil and while the former looks likely to leave, it seems like wenker favourite ozil, is hanging around until at least the summer :roll: Of course you can also add the names of jenkinson and debouchy to the list of players sure to be departing in the near future due to their contracts expiring, and when all that happens we can sit back and reflect on a job well done 8)

I have said previously that I dont want us to buy anyone this month and I absolutely stand by that even though I do rate abamayeung highly - of course one very obvious reason is that I/we do not want to allow wenker to spunk more money away on shite players (cos you can be sure there will be one or two of them on the way :roll: ), but another reason is that this whole transfer business justs feels a bit rushed. For over a decade now I have bemoaned the lack of a quality hard as nails DM, and that problems still has never been properly addressed - add to that the absolute desperate need for a top quality keeper and centre half, and it adds up to another transfer window going in the wrong direction. I agree that we will miss sanchez's goals a lot, but I still think that if we are to bring in new players, we should be focusing on the other end of the pitch - a good defence can win you a lot of games 1-0, but if they are conceding 2 or 3 goals on a regular basis, it will make it damn hard for the forward line to win us games :roll:
As always I will again add that it is my belief now that the club should be stockpiling the incoming transfer funds, so that the next manager can come in and take the club in a different direction with players more suited to his game, and not have to depend on players entrenched in failure and who know fcuk all else

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:24 am
Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:42 pm

The most positive thing happening this month is the offloading of shite/mediocre players like wally and coquelin, and hopefully they will be followed out the door by giroud (I would like to see cech and wellshit leave too, but that aint happening). Not shite players who I also think should be gone this month are sanchez and ozil and while the former looks likely to leave, it seems like wenker favourite ozil, is hanging around until at least the summer :roll: Of course you can also add the names of jenkinson and debouchy to the list of players sure to be departing in the near future due to their contracts expiring, and when all that happens we can sit back and reflect on a job well done 8)

I have said previously that I dont want us to buy anyone this month and I absolutely stand by that even though I do rate abamayeung highly - of course one very obvious reason is that I/we do not want to allow wenker to spunk more money away on shite players (cos you can be sure there will be one or two of them on the way :roll: ), but another reason is that this whole transfer business justs feels a bit rushed. For over a decade now I have bemoaned the lack of a quality hard as nails DM, and that problems still has never been properly addressed - add to that the absolute desperate need for a top quality keeper and centre half, and it adds up to another transfer window going in the wrong direction. I agree that we will miss sanchez's goals a lot, but I still think that if we are to bring in new players, we should be focusing on the other end of the pitch - a good defence can win you a lot of games 1-0, but if they are conceding 2 or 3 goals on a regular basis, it will make it damn hard for the forward line to win us games :roll:
As always I will again add that it is my belief now that the club should be stockpiling the incoming transfer funds, so that the next manager can come in and take the club in a different direction with players more suited to his game, and not have to depend on players entrenched in failure and who know fcuk all else
Fuck that, thanks very much. The greedy c.unt at the top deserves 100x more pain than he's inflicted upon us. I laughed when Wenger extended his contract and I pray he wastes hundreds of millions of the wig wearing wanker's money on more shit like Xhaka. When I heard it was up to €45m for this Brazilian jockey at Bordeaux, I thought I'll have some of that. Keep going with David Luiz and Nzonzi too - they'd set us back another 100m or so and another season in the loss making Thursday night club.

I hope the senile old c.unt ruins the club for Kroenke, its all he deserves for being the worst fucking owner known to man

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Aubameyang and Mkhitaryan play the same positions as our current biggest assets (Lacazette and Ozil)

So absolutely no planning has gone into building a team, its the scatter gun approach of buying attacking players and just coming up with a plan later on.

Although, I still think we wont get anyone.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Wilson wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:43 am
Aubameyang and Mkhitaryan play the same positions as our current biggest assets (Lacazette and Ozil)

So absolutely no planning has gone into building a team, its the scatter gun approach of buying attacking players and just coming up with a plan later on.

Although, I still think we wont get anyone.
Neither of them will join us, but in the miracle event that they do you're 100% spot on. What difference will it make having Aubameyang and Mikhitaryan at one end when you've got the biggest dollop of shit in the league between the sticks, a bunch of ragdolls at the bag, and gormless, clueless c.unts like Ramsey and Xhaka making up your midfield. Knowing SFB he'll drop Jack if we got Miki, and play him front of those two c.unts in midfield instead

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »