The January "He Looks Quite Good" Transfer Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: The January "He Looks Quite Good" Transfer Thread

Post by OneBardGooner »

Arsenal are ready to throw in French striker Olivier Giroud, 31, as part of the deal to sign Borussia Dortmund's 28-year-old Gabon striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang. (Independent)

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Merson has just said on Soccer Saturday that Arsenal want Wilshere to be seen to want a move , they want Wilshere gone but want to appear blameless in it..I think that is about correct...
Last edited by Bradywasking on Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:47 pm
Merton has just said on Soccer Saturday that Arsenal want Wilshere to be seen to want a move , they want Wilshere gone but want to appear blameless in it..I think that is about correct...
Is that Mrs Merton ? How many years has she been in football ?

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

StuartL wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:23 pm
Bradywasking wrote:
Merton has just said on Soccer Saturday th :D at Arsenal want Wilshere to be seen to want a move , they want Wilshere gone but want to appear blameless in it..I think that is about correct...
Is that Mrs Merton ? How many years has she been in football ?
30 years apparently... :D

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Mrs Merton is dead, which means she would be just 60% better at managing the Arse than Wonga!!

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Bradywasking wrote:
Merson has just said on Soccer Saturday that Arsenal want Wilshere to be seen to want a move , they want Wilshere gone but want to appear blameless in it..I think that is about correct...

The club need to give him a contract, then if they want to get rid at least they can get £40m back. They'd be stupid not to...

MrT

Post by MrT »

Sanchez to the red mancs is confirmed by Ornstein. Done 100%.

Their reject in return in a straight swap.

NickF

Post by NickF »

BBC are reporting a straight swap for mikaterian deal to be finalised by Monday. That is an absolutely appalling deal for the Arsenal. We might have just have kept him to the end of the season as we have basically let him go on a free.
Last edited by NickF on Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cardinal2011

Post by cardinal2011 »

MrT wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:58 pm

All over Sky and BBC now. Looks like it is done.

Really torn over this one. Furious that the club have managed to yet again gift our prize talent to a rival but should we have held him for another four months and see him go there for nothing? Is having a sulking prima donna for another 4 months better than taking a half way decent player in exchange now?

Who knows. At the moment it feels we yet again have the shitty end of the stick but in 12 months we may see it differently?

Midz

Post by Midz »

"You went to Man Utd and you won fuck all"

Of course I'm sore we gave our best player to Utd but fuck them both.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

cardinal2011 wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:24 pm
MrT wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:58 pm

All over Sky and BBC now. Looks like it is done.

Really torn over this one. Furious that the club have managed to yet again gift our prize talent to a rival but should we have held him for another four months and see him go there for nothing? Is having a sulking prima donna for another 4 months better than taking a half way decent player in exchange now?

Who knows. At the moment it feels we yet again have the shitty end of the stick but in 12 months we may see it differently?
They've made a statement that keeps them ahead of the pack and keeps champions league football for the foreseeable future. They haven't closed the gap to City with one signing but have increased the gap between them and the other also-rans. It's a sign of intent that they will try to challenge City like they did when Chavsea first came on the scene. It also shows that they still have the power over teams like us and can continue to bully. We've shown the world that we still can't compete and still can't hold onto our best players. It, in effect, shows that nothing has changed in the years since players like Henry, Vieira, Overmars, Van Persie, Nasri and Fabregas left. We are still scraping around for cast offs- Cole and Gallas- years after moving grounds. Man Utd know City are miles ahead of them but more importantly for them right now, they have asserted superiority over the others and picked on the next level down. That's what we are now. That's what we've become under Wanker.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Another f*cking low ball bid

Happy Talk

Post by Happy Talk »

We offer Sanchez & Ozil contracts that will keep them and their families wealthy for a couple of generations last summer. They declined to sign, that is their right of course.

They should both have been sold then.

To me it is simple. Signing? No? OK, you are off.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Happy Talk wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:35 pm
We offer Sanchez & Ozil contracts that will keep them and their families wealthy for a couple of generations last summer. They declined to sign, that is their right of course.

They should both have been sold then.

To me it is simple. Signing? No? OK, you are off.
exactly, and it was the worst thing that Wenger ever did - and he should never ever be allowed to forget it.
of course the problem is that no top player wants to come here.....

Happy Talk

Post by Happy Talk »

Just madness, literally pointless, keeping these two guys this year. I am a fan of Ozil (Sanchez past-tense now), but he will be off for nothing in the summer I think, likely heading up the M6 to join Sanchez is my bet.

This Henrikh guy speaks six or seven languages apparently, at least he can help translate Wenger's tactics. Oh, wait a second....