The January "He Looks Quite Good" Transfer Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
cameron326

Re: The January "He Looks Quite Good" Transfer Thread

Post by cameron326 »

So Man Utd have just got one of the top ten finest attacking players in world football and who have we got in exchange?

"He's the perfect player for Arsenal. Absolutely garbage mentally and will crumble on first sight of difficulty. Otherwise, capable of producing great performances. Good enough for 4th place."

"He just never seems that arsed to me. If the going gets tough and he has a bad start to a game his head completely goes. A good contribution in our Europa run is the only thing he’s brought to the table. He’s been largely shite in the league overall. I reckon he’ll pack in football in his early 30s and go into politics."

"I’ve never really taken to Mkhi but it’s a shame how his time with us is ending. He just doesn’t have the mentality to consistently perform for a club the size of Utd. He’s the very definition of a confidence player and it will be interesting to see how/if he responds at Arsenal. Saying that he has been extremely underwhelming for us and it says a lot when the only thing I’ll remember him for is that scorpion kick."

A few views from Man Utd fans. The general consensus from them is that we've been mugged even more than when they took RVP off our hands for £24 million. World class player for Premier League misfit. To be fair, I think Mkhitaryan is a decent player and will do okay for us. But it's a decent player, who has not yet proven himself in the PL, swapped for a world class one who takes the league in his stride. The deal strikes me as one done for PR reasons at least as much as footballing reasons: the Arsenal board obviously thought a swap would look better, rather than getting mugged off with a fairly consequential transfer fee for our best player yet again. Also interesting to observe how we're so easily dismissed by Man Utd fans these days. Wenger and his supporters may be blind to how far the club has fallen relative to Man Utd, City, and Chelsea over the last decade - but rest assured the rest of the world is not.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Apparently Arsenal offered £44m for Aubameyang, here we go again. If this is going to drag to the 31st then we know Arsenal have no intention of signing him. Just pay the fucking money.

As things stand as others have said we have been done up again by Manure on the Sanchez deal.

How can Wenger deal with a man he despises.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

So we’ll dick around with lowball bids for Auba and last minute someone else will come in and offer 53m and get him, and we’ll lose out yet again because of dithering. Catalyst for change my arse, cosmetic changes on top, we still sell our best to rivals and offer lowball bids for good players knowing we won’t get them. We’re an embarrassment.

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:56 am
Apparently Arsenal offered £44m for Aubameyang, here we go again. If this is going to drag to the 31st then we know Arsenal have no intention of signing him. Just pay the fucking money.

As things stand as others have said we have been done up again by Manure on the Sanchez deal.

Over breakfast this morning, my wife was reading reading a book and I was checking out the latest news on my laptop. Without looking up (we've been married a long time :? ) she asked me why Arsenal were buying a boomerang!

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

GranadaJoe wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:45 am
nut flush gooner wrote:

Over breakfast this morning, my wife was reading reading a book and I was checking out the latest news on my laptop. Without looking up (we've been married a long time :? ) she asked me why Arsenal were buying a boomerang!

That will come back to haunt her :wink:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

On a positive note when this miki fella arrives and joins giroud we have the "scorpion kings" :barscarf:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

TeeCee wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:10 am
So we’ll dick around with lowball bids for Auba and last minute someone else will come in and offer 53m and get him, and we’ll lose out yet again because of dithering. Catalyst for change my arse, cosmetic changes on top, we still sell our best to rivals and offer lowball bids for good players knowing we won’t get them. We’re an embarrassment.
Sounds about right, aren't Chavski looking for a striker?, any day now expect to see him linked with them and 2hrs later holding up a blue shirt.

"We can't compete"
"financial doping"

The majority of our shares are owned by TWO multi billionaires, talk about 'rich'. :roll:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:37 am
TeeCee wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:10 am
Sounds about right, aren't Chavski looking for a striker?, any day now expect to see him linked with them and 2hrs later holding up a blue shirt.

"We can't compete"
"financial doping"

The majority of our shares are owned by TWO multi billionaires, talk about 'rich'. :roll:
Exactly what will happen..Coq and Wally punted for 31mill...add on 22 and get him..a normal big club would do this,not us though :oops: Mikiwhatshisface is the 31mill signing (forget he's a swap for Sanchez that doesn't count in wiggys eyes)

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

cameron326 wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:15 am
So Man Utd have just got one of the top ten finest attacking players in world football and who have we got in exchange?

"He's the perfect player for Arsenal. Absolutely garbage mentally and will crumble on first sight of difficulty. Otherwise, capable of producing great performances. Good enough for 4th place."

"He just never seems that arsed to me. If the going gets tough and he has a bad start to a game his head completely goes. A good contribution in our Europa run is the only thing he’s brought to the table. He’s been largely shite in the league overall. I reckon he’ll pack in football in his early 30s and go into politics."

"I’ve never really taken to Mkhi but it’s a shame how his time with us is ending. He just doesn’t have the mentality to consistently perform for a club the size of Utd. He’s the very definition of a confidence player and it will be interesting to see how/if he responds at Arsenal. Saying that he has been extremely underwhelming for us and it says a lot when the only thing I’ll remember him for is that scorpion kick."

A few views from Man Utd fans. The general consensus from them is that we've been mugged even more than when they took RVP off our hands for £24 million. World class player for Premier League misfit. To be fair, I think Mkhitaryan is a decent player and will do okay for us. But it's a decent player, who has not yet proven himself in the PL, swapped for a world class one who takes the league in his stride. The deal strikes me as one done for PR reasons at least as much as footballing reasons: the Arsenal board obviously thought a swap would look better, rather than getting mugged off with a fairly consequential transfer fee for our best player yet again. Also interesting to observe how we're so easily dismissed by Man Utd fans these days. Wenger and his supporters may be blind to how far the club has fallen relative to Man Utd, City, and Chelsea over the last decade - but rest assured the rest of the world is not.
As much as I agree with most of that, getting something or another player for Sanchez at least saves the club from being a complete laughing stock, given that he could walk away for nothing in 5 months. My concern with Sanchez was one that he would burn out with all that traveling, but thankfully that's United's problem now.
Mkhytariyan may well be better suited to Arsenal because of style of play, rather than confidence, he didn't seem to have that problem with Dortmund.

NickF

Post by NickF »

Nos89 wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:12 pm

As much as I agree with most of that, getting something or another player for Sanchez at least saves the club from being a complete laughing stock, given that he could walk away for nothing in 5 months.
Does it? Not really sure how many would see Sanchez and Mkhitaryan as being equals.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

nut flush gooner wrote:

I honestly do question whether we are actually interested in signing him. The club know that everyone is pissed off about Sanchez leaving, so they leak a story about us making the Aubameyang signing. When he doesn't sign, wanker will come out with some vague bullshit like "in any deal, both parties have to be willing to negotiate.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Nos89 wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:12 pm
cameron326 wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:15 am

As much as I agree with most of that, getting something or another player for Sanchez at least saves the club from being a complete laughing stock, given that he could walk away for nothing in 5 months. My concern with Sanchez was one that he would burn out with all that traveling, but thankfully that's United's problem now.
Mkhytariyan may well be better suited to Arsenal because of style of play, rather than confidence, he didn't seem to have that problem with Dortmund.
I thought we were very much interested in him prior to him joining Utd and wanted him to join us - Ive not watched him at Utd (I’ve not seen any other games other than our “highlights” this season, but know he hasn’t set the world alight.
Change of scene may well rekindle his talent, cos he has plenty of it.

Midz

Post by Midz »

GranadaJoe wrote:
Awesome :barscarf:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

#MUFC #AFC confirmation of Sanchez/Mkhitaryan swap Mon/Tue as work permits need updating. Arsenal stepping up Aubameyang pursuit - confident but will drag as must agree fee & possibility of player going other way to #BVB If done no significant funds available for further signings

Read the last bit ,unreal

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

BFG4 wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:26 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:

I honestly do question whether we are actually interested in signing him. The club know that everyone is pissed off about Sanchez leaving, so they leak a story about us making the Aubameyang signing. When he doesn't sign, wanker will come out with some vague bullshit like "in any deal, both parties have to be willing to negotiate.

Ivan Gazidis and Huss Fahmy have arrived in Germany to finalise the transfer of Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang to Arsenal. Exclusive photos from @BILD.