The January "He Looks Quite Good" Transfer Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Arsenal Till I Die

Re: The January "He Looks Quite Good" Transfer Thread

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

https://twitter.com/afcstuff/status/955109927277735937

Ivan Gazidis, Huss Fahmy and Sven Mislintat have been spotted in Germany.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:59 pm
#MUFC #AFC confirmation of Sanchez/Mkhitaryan swap Mon/Tue as work permits need updating. Arsenal stepping up Aubameyang pursuit - confident but will drag as must agree fee & possibility of player going other way to #BVB If done no significant funds available for further signings

Read the last bit ,unreal
So humped up the backdoor by the mancs with the Sanchez deal..trying to sign a forward and thats it..no defensive mid..no centre half..no goalie..saying all of this it matters not a fuck with le bulbeye at the helm :oops: he wouldnt be able to use messi and ronaldo correctly :|

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

falkirk goon wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:22 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
#MUFC #AFC confirmation of Sanchez/Mkhitaryan swap Mon/Tue as work permits need updating. Arsenal stepping up Aubameyang pursuit - confident but will drag as must agree fee & possibility of player going other way to #BVB If done no significant funds available for further signings

So humped up the backdoor by the mancs with the Sanchez deal..trying to sign a forward and thats it..no defensive mid..no centre half..no goalie..saying all of this it matters not a fuck with le bulbeye at the helm :oops: he wouldnt be able to use messi and ronaldo correctly :|
What was all that stuff a couple of years ago - TV monies more than doubling, new commercial deals kicking in that would trump the original ones we needed to make the stadium work, most of the debt repaid and able to compete with the biggest clubs and not need to sell our best players. Just further proof that this c.unt of an owner and his smarmy c.unt of a CEO are equally loathsome as the prick who picks and trains the team.

We sold the Ox for 40m in the Summer, have just offloaded Wally for another 20m, plus Coquelin for 12m, and apparently now one swap deal and Aubameyang is all that we can afford.

Still hoping that the Aubameyang thing doesn't happen and the old c.unt has to make a last ditch panic buy and spend 40-50m on another useless piece of shit from France

CloakedGooner

Post by CloakedGooner »

Mikitarian is probably stuffing his face with pies so he can fail his medical on Monday!!
Walks in smoking a fag or something :lol:

MrT

Post by MrT »

Moved to the Emirates to compete with the best.

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

It ended up being no secret he was going there but I have to admit another piece of the Arsenal inside me died seeing him in that jersey.

Weren't we fucking meant to be beyond all this shit by now. Wasn't the stadium upheaval, the years of trauma, the suffering, the never ending cluster fucks meant to mean that we never had to do this fucking shit again.

Handing them the fucking league when we sent JVP up to red nose and here we fucking are again selling them our best player AND selling him to that fucking despicable Portuguese C.UNT :banghead:

Fuck right off.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:40 pm
It ended up being no secret he was going there but I have to admit another piece of the Arsenal inside me died seeing him in that jersey.

Weren't we fucking meant to be beyond all this shit by now. Wasn't the stadium upheaval, the years of trauma, the suffering, the never ending cluster fucks meant to mean that we never had to do this fucking shit again.

Handing them the fucking league when we sent JVP up to red nose and here we fucking are again selling them our best player AND selling him to that fucking despicable Portuguese C.UNT :banghead:

Fuck right off.
Summed up perfectly but that idiot in charge doesn't care what we think, in fact if manure win the league with Sanchez contributing significantly he will take credit for it :roll:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Ok so i'm not so pissed as some at the Mhiki deal, Alexis could have held out until summer and walked for nothing, instead we off loaded him prior to his contract running out and got a reasonable player in return who may be sold at a later date to recoup some money.

Not ideal but better than nothing for Sanchez. For those hoping Sanchez going in the summer would have meant more misery for OGL stop being so blind, like everything else he ever does wrong it would have been water off a ducks back to him and excuses galore from his disciples and the media, we've already seen how they've tried to tarnish Sanchez's time here and his reason for leaving it would have been even worse for him if he'd stayed until summer.

The player may be nothing or he may be decent but once again he's a player who has fallen into the usual Arsenal cluster fuck and probably under our idiot manager will be unable to amount to much, but as per usual with anyone putting on the red and white good luck to him (he'll fucking need it here).

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:06 am
Ok so i'm not so pissed as some at the Mhiki deal, Alexis could have held out until summer and walked for nothing, instead we off loaded him prior to his contract running out and got a reasonable player in return who may be sold at a later date to recoup some money.

Not ideal but better than nothing for Sanchez. For those hoping Sanchez going in the summer would have meant more misery for OGL stop being so blind, like everything else he ever does wrong it would have been water off a ducks back to him and excuses galore from his disciples and the media, we've already seen how they've tried to tarnish Sanchez's time here and his reason for leaving it would have been even worse for him if he'd stayed until summer.

The player may be nothing or he may be decent but once again he's a player who has fallen into the usual Arsenal cluster fuck and probably under our idiot manager will be unable to amount to much, but as per usual with anyone putting on the red and white good luck to him (he'll fucking need it here).
You could argue if we get Aubameyang we now would have a stronger squad. One thing we have been lacking this season is goals, so if Mikha and Aub get that understanding going one of the many issues we have this season could be solved. Still need a goalkeeper, Central Defender and a proper midfielder though.

I am also worried about the way the club is treating Jack, they gave Theo a massive rise off the back of a handful of decent performances and yet they seem to be totally taking the piss out of Jack. I hope this doesn't become a big issue in the summer.

I had a very interesting discussion with someone who works for BT in their sports media dept. Arsenal behind the scenes is apparently preparing for life after Wenger. Ancelotti has been mooted as an interim manager and wait for it, Arteta as a long term replacement. I find that hard to believe but it is interesting that Wenger might not make it to the end of his contract. I wonder what the clubs threshold is for getting rid, we seem a banker for 6th at the moment.

augie

Post by augie »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:47 am
GoonerMuzz wrote:

You could argue if we get Aubameyang we now would have a stronger squad. One thing we have been lacking this season is goals, so if Mikha and Aub get that understanding going one of the many issues we have this season could be solved. Still need a goalkeeper, Central Defender and a proper midfielder though.

I am also worried about the way the club is treating Jack, they gave Theo a massive rise off the back of a handful of decent performances and yet they seem to be totally taking the piss out of Jack. I hope this doesn't become a big issue in the summer.

I had a very interesting discussion with someone who works for BT in their sports media dept. Arsenal behind the scenes is apparently preparing for life after Wenger. Ancelotti has been mooted as an interim manager and wait for it, Arteta as a long term replacement. I find that hard to believe but it is interesting that Wenger might not make it to the end of his contract. I wonder what the clubs threshold is for getting rid, we seem a banker for 6th at the moment.

More than a proper defence, quality keeper and a quality DM ?? The one area the old b**tard has spent money in recent years has been the attacking department, so surely there should be enough c.unts up there to score a decent amount of goals ? Of course the problem is that scoring a decent amount of goals isnt good enough when you are shipping goals for fun at the other end :roll: :oops: :oops:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

augie wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:59 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:47 am
GoonerMuzz wrote:

More than a proper defence, quality keeper and a quality DM ?? The one area the old b**tard has spent money in recent years has been the attacking department, so surely there should be enough c.unts up there to score a decent amount of goals ? Of course the problem is that scoring a decent amount of goals isnt good enough when you are shipping goals for fun at the other end :roll: :oops: :oops:
We need all of them. Look at our goalscoring stats this season. They are pretty poor.

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

mcdowell42 wrote:

Keeping money back for the next manager! :barscarf:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

I've said this before and I'll say it again now.

I have absolutely no interest in who goes or who stays...as long as Wenger is at the club, this treadmill/hamster wheel type operating will continue. It will never change while Wenger is there, I don't care who we buy.

https://www.soccerladuma.co.za/news/art ... ove/287189

A dig at Sanchez with yet another reminder to us of his 30 years in football.

"He cannot understand why anyone would want to leave Arsenal"?..... To play alongside world class players, to improve, to play in the CL, to challenge for the PL title....should I go on?

And I suspect they are leaving Wenger, NOT Arsenal. AFC must be such an enticing destination for top players all over the world, BUT at this moment in time, I suspect it is an absolute no no for ambitious players with Wenger there.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

A journalist on the Sunday Supplement said Mkhitaryan was excellent in the Europa League Final but wouldn't have been in Burnley on Saturday..Maybe a bit of a generalisation but seems a perfect fit for Arsenal and Arsene..

NickF

Post by NickF »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Spoken like Arsene himself. :roll: