The January "He Looks Quite Good" Transfer Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Bradywasking

Re: The Fake News Summer Transfer Thread

Post by Bradywasking »

NickF wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:18 pm
xisstential wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:00 pm
http://google.com/newsstand/s/CBIw-bHrqDM

That's Griezman permanently out of the picture...nice one Arsene.

Lucky him .....dodged a bullet imo
"legendary Frenchman" :coffeespit:

It was back in 2013, anyone remember why we wouldn't have gone for him or was it just a case of Arsene being tight?

Looooooook I could have signed him but there would have been a negative impact on Theo Walcott if Griezman had come in, plus we had Gervinho also....

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... hen-ended/

Antoine Griezmann reveals how Arsenal kept him waiting in 2013...when they ended up with Yaya Sanogo.

Sums it up nicely, Arsene knows...

:roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Posted this in the Wenger thread, sits ok here too... :lol: :roll:

That "article" is insinuation "journalism" at its worst. It implies that Griezmann would never sign for Arsenal because Wenger signed Sanogoals instead of Griezmann which is absolute bollocks. :roll: Wenger was looking to sign both, and for whatever reason the Sanogoals deal went through but Griezmann's didn't. Griezmann only states that he didn't like being prick teased by Wenger, nothing to do with Sanogoals being signed "instead" of him. :roll:

FFS lads we have plenty to hit Wenger over the head with without believing every two bob story the media put out there. :roll:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

True but the point is Wenger couldn't even identify the need to sign probably the most talented player in FRANCE at the moment, no doubt some of the blame lies with the other idiots like Dick Law and co. but still it is quite laughable and just shows where we are as a club now (and in 2013), if Wenger can't even get the best players from his home nation then what is the point in him still being here?, oh I forgot the net profit he keeps generating right Stan?.

Those pair of w@nkers are as thick as theives and twice as devious.

:censored:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:53 pm
True but the point is Wenger couldn't even identify the need to sign probably the most talented player in FRANCE at the moment, no doubt some of the blame lies with the other idiots like Dick Law and co. but still it is quite laughable and just shows where we are as a club now (and in 2013), if Wenger can't even get the best players from his home nation then what is the point in him still being here?, oh I forgot the net profit he keeps generating right Stan?.

Ah 2013 what a summer that was, the summer we spent courting Higuain and Suarez (and Greizmann now it seems) and ended up with a disabled giraffe ex postman.

Happy days, they don't do em like that no more :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:24 pm
sk-gtfo wrote:

Ah 2013 what a summer that was, the summer we spent courting Higuain and Suarez (and Greizmann now it seems) and ended up with a disabled giraffe ex postman.

For me the worst one was Suarez. What a fucking embarrassing horror show that was. Who do you reckon stood up at the board meeting discussing Suarez and said "Hey, I've got a great idea - let's go after Liverpool's best player, he's unsettled and has told us he wants to join Arsenal. But hey let's be fucking cute about this. Let's offer one English pound over his release clause amount. That won't piss off the Liverpool board and make them dig their heels in at all."

:fryingpan: :duh: :oops: :lol:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:36 pm
rodders999 wrote:
sk-gtfo wrote:

For me the worst one was Suarez. What a fucking embarrassing horror show that was. Who do you reckon stood up at the board meeting discussing Suarez and said "Hey, I've got a great idea - let's go after Liverpool's best player, he's unsettled and has told us he wants to join Arsenal. But hey let's be fucking cute about this. Let's offer one English pound over his release clause amount. That won't piss off the Liverpool board and make them dig their heels in at all."

Maybe because Arsenal were serial pushovers in the transfer market they assumed other clubs would be..Barca want Cesc, Manchester United want Robin, City want Adebayor..they wanted and they got with little resistance..so why didn't Liverpool play fairly with Suarez?

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:36 pm
rodders999 wrote:
sk-gtfo wrote:

There is NO-ONE more critical of wenker and the crooked regime than me, but I will always claim that they had right on their side once they lodged any bid over suarez's escape clause, and not following it up legally was where they fell down imo - I would have pissed myself laughing at the victims if they had of lost suarez to us like that, and legally that was exactly what should have happened

NickF

Post by NickF »

augie wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:54 pm
There is NO-ONE more critical of wenker and the crooked regime than me, but I will always claim that they had right on their side once they lodged any bid over suarez's escape clause, and not following it up legally was where they fell down imo - I would have pissed myself laughing at the victims if they had of lost suarez to us like that, and legally that was exactly what should have happened
The fact that they didn't follow it up does make me wonder how serious we actually were in getting Suarez.
Seems to me we make quite a number of high profile bids so they can tell the supporters they tried, with actually no intention of getting the player.

100m for Mbappe this summer is another that springs to mind...

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

NickF wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:57 pm
augie wrote:
The fact that they didn't follow it up does make me wonder how serious we actually were in getting Suarez.
Seems to me we make quite a number of high profile bids so they can tell the supporters they tried, with actually no intention of getting the player.

Exactly, it's all smoke and mirrors from the Arsene Stanley regime, we've never had it so good, 4th place victory will be ours again this season, that should be enough to get the renewals in and so it goes on...

Still amazed that anyone still has the effort in them to get up and go to the corporate bowl for £100 quid a time.. (with travel etc.) to watch this tedious routine unfold AGAIN.

Next season back to getting a good seeing to by Barca/Bayern etc. in the CL but hey, we're in it so we should be grateful, City will have Sanchez and that's after finishing 20-30 points ahead of us without him, Zzzzzzzzzzzz, I actually am starting to hate the PL (as well as the CL), as much as the FA cup and Europa are second rate competitions at least they hold some interest, well once the group stage is over in the EL that is.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

NickF wrote:
augie wrote:

Whilst I was being a tad facetious in my last post I think you've nailed exactly what happened. It was all bullshit, just an execise in showing the fans how hard they were trying to sign the best players, but I honestly don't think there was any real intent to sign them. The +£1 stupidity was designed to piss off the Mousers and it worked. :|

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:54 am
NickF wrote:
augie wrote:

Whilst I was being a tad facetious in my last post I think you've nailed exactly what happened. It was all bullshit, just an execise in showing the fans how hard they were trying to sign the best players, but I honestly don't think there was any real intent to sign them. The +£1 stupidity was designed to piss off the Mousers and it worked. :|
Would have probably won the league the following season with Suarez up front...... that biting shit would have ended as well under Wenger's firm, disciplinary hand.....I think the following season was the one where Jerrroood (as Carragher would say) took 14 games off then retaliated with that ear cupping show at the ungrateful fans .

Dear God the stuff that goes on at AFC....it's comedy gold.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Now that 5th/6th is the new normal, I wonder if Shit for Brains and Mr Catalyst for Change will even bother with their usual panic dash in January as the Be All and End All becomes some form of fading memory.

Be a shame not to add to our Nearly Signed XI though - who is available to nearly sign this window?

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:12 pm
Now that 5th/6th is the new normal, I wonder if Shit for Brains and Mr Catalyst for Change will even bother with their usual panic dash in January as the Be All and End All becomes some form of fading memory.

Be a shame not to add to our Nearly Signed XI though - who is available to nearly sign this window?
I think they might sign one or two in a lame attempt to save face once Sanchez announces he is off to City or wherever in the summer, Ozil as well although in his case I expect him to drag this out until the summer then p*ss off to United at the last minute (if Jose wants him) so the fans don't get on his back and hurt his fragile feelings.

Next season is going to see the gap get bigger as City, Chelsea and United pull further away from us, spuds and liverpool and w/o our two best players we'll probably be the weakest of the second rate clubs, especially with Le Fraud still around making the same stupid mistakes as he always does.

Chances of me going to an Arsenal game next season? - about the same as our chances of winning a league and CL double.

:twisted:

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

Would love to see us offload Giroud, Walcott and Coquelin (and a few others that I know won't happen) and bring in a beast of a defender (Koulibaly would be my choice) , a proper DM and some proper cover at wing-back. A GK would be nice if there was any change.