The January "He Looks Quite Good" Transfer Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Nos89

Re: The Fake News Summer Transfer Thread

Post by Nos89 »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:32 pm
Arsene Wenger hits out against FFP as Arsenal manager's patience runs thin

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 35291.html

Wonder if this has anything to do with missing out on MBappe?. :roll:

A lot of us have been saying FFP will never work or at least realised that several years ago but 'genius' Wenger has only just noticed?!.

I do agree with him (for once) though because FFP at it stands is a waste of time. I don't think American owners will help PL clubs be more competitive though as we well know they are only in it for the $$$... :roll:
After his experience in France whilst at Monaco, when Bernard Tapie at Marseille fixed matches to win the league denying Wenger a French title, he walked away from French football. Given the way PSG and to some extent Man City have stretched the boundaries of FFP, I was hoping he'd walk away from football again. Hasn't happened....yet.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Finally, a decent decision made on the transfer window, closing before season starts.

NickF

Post by NickF »

Interesting article on Le-Grove which suggests the real shitstorm will be next summer. The likes of Ozil, Sanchez, Cazorla, Wilshere are out of contract and need to be replaced with no incoming fee. Also Mustafi and Bellerin want out. Mertesacker is retiring plus Cech, at 36 surely must be replaced as well.

That's a lot of money to be found...

http://le-grove.co.uk/2017/09/05/arsena ... g-in-2018/

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

NickF wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:57 am
Interesting article on Le-Grove which suggests the real shitstorm will be next summer. The likes of Ozil, Sanchez, Cazorla, Wilshere are out of contract and need to be replaced with no incoming fee. Also Mustafi and Bellerin want out. Mertesacker is retiring plus Cech, at 36 surely must be replaced as well.

That's a lot of money to be found...

http://le-grove.co.uk/2017/09/05/arsena ... g-in-2018/
And all this while we have no DoF, Wenger with his "evolution not revolution" bs mantra, Stan needing the cash for his loan in LA, oh and it's a WC summer as well.

Next summer is going to be a cluster fuck, the mother of all cluster fucks, still no pain no gain?.

:twisted:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

sk-gtfo wrote:

A lot of us have been saying FFP will never work or at least realised that several years ago but 'genius' Wenger has only just noticed?!.

I do agree with him (for once) though because FFP at it stands is a waste of time. I don't think American owners will help PL clubs be more competitive though as we well know they are only in it for the $$$... :roll:

This man is a fraud in every possible sense. In the linked article he says, "Football is maybe only at the start of a huge financial investment"........this from the man that told us in 2008/9 that football was living in an unsustainable financial bubble, that was set to burst anytime.

Yep, there goes the economic genius, on whose every word we should hang. I could tolerate it a little more (not much though !!), if he were to admit that he was actually wrong about something, but we all know that Hell will freeze over first. How do people just sit there and listen to his hubristic pontificating, letting him sound off like some sage with all the answers, when it's a complete contradiction of his earlier pearls of wisdom.

His utter hopelessness as a modern day football manager would be tough to take on its own, but hand in hand with his arrogance, conceit and self regard, it's impossible to swallow. Believe me boys, we are looking at a truly bad man.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Oh....and it's no coincidence that he's beefing about the transfer window closing date, tapping up and FFP......he's getting his excuses in early. It won't be too long and you'll be hearing this crap from the akb cretins.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:58 pm
Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:06 pm
Denilson :lol:

How could I have forgotten him ?? Another technical tippy tappy midget that couldn't find his arse with both hands if someone turned the light off.
:lol: :high5:

I'll tell you what Jumpers, he would find it with the lights fucking ON !!!

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

xisstential wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:43 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:38 am
sk-gtfo wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:03 pm
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... eal-option

Another one for the virtual XI.

Wenger (and the club) can no longer attract the best players because of 13 years of failure, bs and lack of ambition.

Still we can always hope to "do a Leicester" one day, where do I hand over my £1,200?.

#OnYerBike

:twisted:
Mbappe has good PR advisors around him.

"I met with Arsene Wenger, who is a great coach," Mbappe told the Daily Telegraph. "He has a great reputation here in France, he's well-respected and knows how to develop young players."

After all, the hype about him is based on one exceptional season. If, two years from now, he has not developed as PSG would hope, then there will be a nice cushy £150K a week berth for him at Arsene PLC. :lol: :roll:
Mbappe then went on to name the many, many youngsters Wenger has "developed." Far too many to mention here unfortunately. And also most of them have been farmed out all over the UK and it is difficult to pinpoint which division they now play in, never mind which club.

WHAT ???!!!! Are you trying to tell me that Arsene isn't a great developer of young talent ??? The whole World is frequentky telling us he is. Come on man, surely you're forgetting.....errrr.....ummm....well there's always, uuhhhh.....ok, ok, how about.........................................oh fuck !

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Nos89 wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:56 pm
Finally, a decent decision made on the transfer window, closing before season starts.
At least now we know Wenger can operate in a fair & free market and get some real quality in. I cannot wait until next June :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

sk-gtfo wrote:

It doesn't appear to have stopped Man Utd being competitive does it ?

Zlatan
Pogba
Mykitarian
Lakaku
And a manager who wants to win ( 2 trophies last year)

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Moan like a *word censored* about financial fair play whilst being paid £10m a year for constantly being the worst manager in the league if not country. The hypocrisy of this utter *word censored* is horrific.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

:blah:
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:31 pm
Moan like a *word censored* about financial fair play whilst being paid £10m a year for constantly being the worst manager in the league if not country. The hypocrisy of this utter *word censored* is horrific.
But out of his paltry £10m a season he has to pay 500 club employees too doesn't he ?

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

StuartL wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:41 pm
:blah:
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:31 pm
But out of his paltry £10m a season he has to pay 500 club employees too doesn't he ?
Oh, yes. Good point, I forgot that. He did all that whilst building the new stadium with his bare hands seven days a week too.

General

Post by General »

Guardiola straight talking about what went on.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41205935

Pep Guardiola says there was "no chance" Manchester City would have used Raheem Sterling as part of any deal to sign Arsenal's Alexis Sanchez.

Arsenal had agreed a £60m deal with City for Sanchez, 28, but it was dependent on them signing Thomas Lemar, who decided to stay at Monaco.

Manager Guardiola said the Gunners had wanted Sterling, 22, as part of the deal for his fellow attacker.

"They talked to me. I said 'zero chance'," said Guardiola.

"We said we would make a cash offer for Alexis. They accepted but they couldn't sign the player they wanted, so he stayed at Arsenal."

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Yet another article by another highly rated manager that shows wenger to be the LIAR he is.

#fuckoffwengercuntslop