The January "He Looks Quite Good" Transfer Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Apex-2575

Re: The Fake News Summer Transfer Thread

Post by Apex-2575 »

markyp wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:16 pm
Buying Lacazette isn't ambition though is it?buying lewandowski is showing ambition even if he cost 80m, Lacazette is merely a sanchez replacement and in typical wenger tradition a piss poor one,as for taking a risk its a loser straight off,Lacazette reminds me of the exact kind of player that Liverpool would have signed over the recent years
Lewandowski isnt leaving Bayern, especially not for us. Ive not read anything concrete that hes going from Bayern. Considering whats available in the market, Id say it is ambition. He is one of the few available in the market with a game that will suit us better than Giroud does. Also we havent ever spent such a sum on a striker for years, so it is ambition when you compare it. Yeh Mbappe is also available but whos quick to splash the ridiculous fee for him? None of the big clubs are doing it.

Also Lacazette reminds you of the exact player Liverpool want to buy, but Atletico had an agreement in place for him, so you can throw that one out the window. We finally go for a striker now and people are complaining already lol, you lot dont deserve anything after your whining.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Apex-2575 wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:54 pm
markyp wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:16 pm
Buying Lacazette isn't ambition though is it?buying lewandowski is showing ambition even if he cost 80m, Lacazette is merely a sanchez replacement and in typical wenger tradition a piss poor one,as for taking a risk its a loser straight off,Lacazette reminds me of the exact kind of player that Liverpool would have signed over the recent years
Lewandowski isnt leaving Bayern, especially not for us. Ive not read anything concrete that hes going from Bayern. Considering whats available in the market, Id say it is ambition. He is one of the few available in the market with a game that will suit us better than Giroud does. Also we havent ever spent such a sum on a striker for years, so it is ambition when you compare it. Yeh Mbappe is also available but whos quick to splash the ridiculous fee for him? None of the big clubs are doing it.

Also Lacazette reminds you of the exact player Liverpool want to buy, but Atletico had an agreement in place for him, so you can throw that one out the window. We finally go for a striker now and people are complaining already lol, you lot dont deserve anything after your whining.
By all means show ambition, but in the right way, buying Aubameyang would be a great signing, if we keep Sanchez

Showing ambition by spending £40 million on Martial would be a disaster

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Walcott linked with Wham.. we can but hope, with the effective wage cap we need to offload some dead wood. Time for Wenger to 'man up' and cut his losses with some of 'his boys', not holding my breath... :roll:

I don't give a toss about his 19 goals last season, his all round game does not contribute enough and he doesn't really tick the box as either a winger or striker.

P.S I smell AKB troll.. :twisted:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

West Ham have more money than sense but given his last few contracts then Walcott won't go for less than at least £100k/w.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Tbh although not a worldy i'm not so sure i'd be quick to write Lacazette off either, lets be honest TH14 wasn't exactly a superstar nor even a striker when he came to us (for the record not comparing the two players as they are not the same, nor is Wenger mind).

Lacazette isn't Mbappe or even Aubamayang or even Greizeman but if Sanchez goes we'll need a replacement from somewhere and lets be honest we can't see them getting anyone world class, if Sanchez stays then in our formation Lacazette is definitely an upgrade on Giroud, Welbeck, Theo or Perez.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

I'd rather sign lacazette than Salah. But then I'd rather sign Aguero, Cavani and Falcao before Lacazette. However, given the age of the other 3 keeping Sanchez and Ozil, and signing Lacazette is showing ambition.
Mbeppe would be an amazing coup but he will only be here until Real Madrid made a serious bid, and whilst he's been a revelation in his first season, a certain Martial had the same impact in his first season at Monaco, yet, he's fallen far behind the rankings. £100m for an 18 year old is silly money and a huge risk. We could have got £40m for an 18 year old Jack Wilshere. Now we're struggling to get £10m. It's the way football goes.

Herd

Post by Herd »

I'd rather not read the papers during the transfer window as the ALWAYS end in disappointment,but it's hard not to take a sneak peak now and again !
Ageuro for Sanchez ,nah i want a few more players along with that although we do need someone to replace diaby n wilshere ,oh shit we still got willshere !

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:24 pm
Tbh although not a worldy i'm not so sure i'd be quick to write Lacazette off either, lets be honest TH14 wasn't exactly a superstar nor even a striker when he came to us (for the record not comparing the two players as they are not the same, nor is Wenger mind).

Lacazette isn't Mbappe or even Aubamayang or even Greizeman but if Sanchez goes we'll need a replacement from somewhere and lets be honest we can't see them getting anyone world class, if Sanchez stays then in our formation Lacazette is definitely an upgrade on Giroud, Welbeck, Theo or Perez.
Henry, while not a superstar, was a different case. And he'd won the world cup scoring goals for France along the way. And football was different back then :blah: :wink:

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Sky Sources understand that this thread is still thoroughly depressing for all of us

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Now I'm not pro or against Lacazette, id like us to sign him if we keep sanchez, but not as a replacement as hes not good enough to replace him.

However for all those saying we should be after Aubameyang instead of him, I'm fairly certain that the same was said on here about Aubameyang when he was at St Etienne, i.e. that he wasn't good enough or proven and that we should be after better targets. Since then hes been great at Dortmund.

To me it seems very comparable re where Lacazette is now and where Aubameyang was before he joined Dortmund, so its a little bit daft saying we should be after him, when in the past people said the same of him that they are now of Lacazette.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

the playing mantis wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:28 pm
Now I'm not pro or against Lacazette, id like us to sign him if we keep sanchez, but not as a replacement as hes not good enough to replace him.

However for all those saying we should be after Aubameyang instead of him, I'm fairly certain that the same was said on here about Aubameyang when he was at St Etienne, i.e. that he wasn't good enough or proven and that we should be after better targets. Since then hes been great at Dortmund.

To me it seems very comparable re where Lacazette is now and where Aubameyang was before he joined Dortmund, so its a little bit daft saying we should be after him, when in the past people said the same of him that they are now of Lacazette.
I think everyone was beginning to doubt Wenger's ability to spot a good player :lol: , therefore the more named targets were seen as preferable. :barscarf:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Europa League, Wenger as Manager and best players probably leaving.... who wouldn't want to come to Arsenal PLC :banghead:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

the playing mantis wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:28 pm

This is fair enough, I think the worry is though that he is the replacement for Sanchez, which as you say he is not good enough to do. To lose Sanchez and move forward next season isn't impossible but it would involve signing more than 2-3 players, more like 4-5 and spending close to £200M, plus offloading deadwood like Walcott, Gibbs, Wilshere, Debuchy, Coquelin etc etc, I don't think anyone trusts Wenger to do this with his usual rhetoric about evolution and stability.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Alexis is leaving - I've suspected that much has been true since our collapse and his sulky little strops ever since. Fine by me - he's an outstanding footballer, and one we could have kept if Clueless and Wiggy had shown any ambition in the past 2 years, but if he is fucked off being here then he has to go. Place in the folder marked Fabregas

If he does go, then the next best we can do is get Aguero in return from City or if he goes to Munich then Lewandowski.....and Alexis seems to be the one in most demand, so if the fucking stiffs like Gazidis who run the club know what they're doing (ahem) then they'll get some money or another decent player in the deal too

Instead, we will no doubt sell Alexis for £30m despite him being a £100m player in terms of talent, and spunk double that on Joe L'Average from Lyon

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:43 pm
Alexis is leaving - I've suspected that much has been true since our collapse and his sulky little strops ever since. Fine by me - he's an outstanding footballer, and one we could have kept if Clueless and Wiggy had shown any ambition in the past 2 years, but if he is fucked off being here then he has to go. Place in the folder marked Fabregas

If he does go, then the next best we can do is get Aguero in return from City or if he goes to Munich then Lewandowski.....and Alexis seems to be the one in most demand, so if the fucking stiffs like Gazidis who run the club know what they're doing (ahem) then they'll get some money or another decent player in the deal too

Instead, we will no doubt sell Alexis for £30m despite him being a £100m player in terms of talent, and spunk double that on Joe L'Average from Lyon
Maybe le bulbeye and co are waiting to see the europa draw..what top player could resist matchday 6 in Athens :barscarf: I know the thought of it happening makes me moist 8)