The January "He Looks Quite Good" Transfer Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: The Fake News Summer Transfer Thread

Post by Redarmy »

Nos89 wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:40 am
Gazidis must have been under the influence of some sort of narcotic to make the statement that our squad is stronger because we didn't sell our best players. Sickening piece of spin by the man who promised us change in the summer.
Not surprised to learn he's joining up with the EPL committee to UEFA. Didn't Dein go the same way?
more jobs for the boys.....

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... eal-option

Another one for the virtual XI.

Wenger (and the club) can no longer attract the best players because of 13 years of failure, bs and lack of ambition.

Still we can always hope to "do a Leicester" one day, where do I hand over my £1,200?.

#OnYerBike

:twisted:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Wenger has just realised that the transfer window has closed.

this from the press conference this morning

"I believe that the transfer market is over. There was a lot going on on that front.
It is very difficult for me to speak about that. "

translated as - well I fucked that up didnt I :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:03 pm

Wenger (and the club) can no longer attract the best players because of 13 years of failure, bs and lack of ambition.

Still we can always hope to "do a Leicester" one day, where do I hand over my £1,200?.

#OnYerBike

Mbappe has good PR advisors around him.

"I met with Arsene Wenger, who is a great coach," Mbappe told the Daily Telegraph. "He has a great reputation here in France, he's well-respected and knows how to develop young players."

After all, the hype about him is based on one exceptional season. If, two years from now, he has not developed as PSG would hope, then there will be a nice cushy £150K a week berth for him at Arsene PLC. :lol: :roll:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:38 am
sk-gtfo wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:03 pm

#OnYerBike

Mbappe has good PR advisors around him.

"I met with Arsene Wenger, who is a great coach," Mbappe told the Daily Telegraph. "He has a great reputation here in France, he's well-respected and knows how to develop young players."

After all, the hype about him is based on one exceptional season. If, two years from now, he has not developed as PSG would hope, then there will be a nice cushy £150K a week berth for him at Arsene PLC. :lol: :roll:
Mbappe then went on to name the many, many youngsters Wenger has "developed." Far too many to mention here unfortunately. And also most of them have been farmed out all over the UK and it is difficult to pinpoint which division they now play in, never mind which club.

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

Did Mbappe mention :-

Frimpong
Emmanuel Thomas
Merida
Lupoli
Wilshere
Gibbs
Randall
Bentley
Bendtner
Pennant
Chamakh
Park
Miyachi

And those are just from memory :banghead:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... ene-wenger

More on our virtual XI from our great leader, all hail supreme master Wenger.

Who needs to win trophies anyway?, we can just say we 'tried' although I'm not sure 18 points qualifies as 'close' yet, no doubt if we ever get within double figures we can put that down as a virtual trophy as well.

:roll:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

bbc website:

The Gunners' decision to keep Sanchez at the club could cost as much as £140m, says Wenger. (BeinSports)

And whose fault is THAT!?? Only one person to blame and he (now) gets £11.3 million a year for such catastrophic failure.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:16 am
Did Mbappe mention :-

Frimpong
Emmanuel Thomas
Merida
Lupoli
Wilshere
Gibbs
Randall
Bentley
Bendtner
Pennant
Chamakh
Park
Miyachi

And those are just from memory :banghead:
Denilson - You know the mid-field maestro with the incredible engine and a fitness to rival any professional couch potato

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

Denilson :lol:

How could I have forgotten him ?? Another technical tippy tappy midget that couldn't find his arse with both hands if someone turned the light off.

NickF

Post by NickF »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:36 pm
bbc website:

The Gunners' decision to keep Sanchez at the club could cost as much as £140m, says Wenger. (BeinSports)

And whose fault is THAT!?? Only one person to blame and he (now) gets £11.3 million a year for such catastrophic failure.
That isn't actually true though is it Wenger? The cost is how ever much Sanchez's replacement will be.
If the replacement is 70m then you have only actually spent 70m not 140m. :banghead:

or maybe he has just promised to buy a 140m striker for us. :twisted:

In other news, the premier league has apparently agreed to close the transfer window before the season starts for 2018/19 season.
However the twist is clubs will no longer be able to buy after that date but still sell up to August 31st. Daft idea if you ask me.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

NickF wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:26 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:36 pm
bbc website:

That isn't actually true though is it Wenger? The cost is how ever much Sanchez's replacement will be.
If the replacement is 70m then you have only actually spent 70m not 140m. :banghead:

or maybe he has just promised to buy a 140m striker for us. :twisted:

In other news, the premier league has apparently agreed to close the transfer window before the season starts for 2018/19 season.
However the twist is clubs will no longer be able to buy after that date but still sell up to August 31st. Daft idea if you ask me.
Truth is it will cost us £40-50M because that seems to be our self imposed limit for transfer fees, all part of our self sustaining model which will be our catalyst to change into Leicester City (c) Ivan the terrible.

:twisted: :censored:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:06 pm

How could I have forgotten him ?? Another technical tippy tappy midget that couldn't find his arse with both hands if someone turned the light off.
:lol: :high5:

General

Post by General »

Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:06 pm

Oh god Denilson the Walmart version. This guy split fans more than the current Wonga divide.

Some useful clown actually complained to the BBC because they used his legs for some article about gay people in football. Beeb promptly remove photo. You couldn't make this shit up :lol:

I'm certain this guy was doing Wonga sexual favours back then. It would be the only explanation for him earning so much game time. I'm sure our resident mini me will now tell me this is slanderous :D

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Arsene Wenger hits out against FFP as Arsenal manager's patience runs thin

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 35291.html

Wonder if this has anything to do with missing out on MBappe?. :roll:

A lot of us have been saying FFP will never work or at least realised that several years ago but 'genius' Wenger has only just noticed?!.

I do agree with him (for once) though because FFP at it stands is a waste of time. I don't think American owners will help PL clubs be more competitive though as we well know they are only in it for the $$$... :roll: