The January "He Looks Quite Good" Transfer Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
LeftfootlegendGooner

Re: The Fake News Summer Transfer Thread

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

The only slagging off of the ox should be that he's not good enough for a team wanting to win the pl, so couldn't give 2 flying fucks where he plays :roll:

markyp

Post by markyp »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:34 pm
The only slagging off of the ox should be that he's not good enough for a team wanting to win the pl, so couldn't give 2 flying fucks where he plays :roll:
you say that now but in a team of organised well drilled winners the Ox might look like the player we hoped he'd become before he became wengerised,its not going to sit great with me watching him at Chelsea

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Meanwhile we can't give Gibbs away....on £60K a week at the Arsenal :roll:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Redarmy wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:05 pm
I feel this is becoming an increasing issue for premier league teams - average players on too much money, teams abroad simply wont pay them anywhere near the money they're on so there is a limited market for them, WBA etc. can get better deals buying from abroad so why would they sign Gibbs, Debuchy, Wilshere, Perez etc.? and the player will be reluctant to drop their salary, being the naive f*ckers a lot of them are they probably actually think they are worth it :roll:, after all Arsene thinks they are. :roll:

So much dross filling the squad that no one wants eating away at the money, worrying that it is about 2/3rd's the way through pre-season now and we've only got rid of Sanogoals, I don't really count Szczeny as he was less of a problem than the likes of Gibbs, Debuchy & co. Lets hope we have a busy August both in and out, if not we are well and truly f*cked.. only upside is so is Wenger.

:twisted: :evil: :rubchin:

NickF

Post by NickF »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:46 pm
Redarmy wrote:
I feel this is becoming an increasing issue for premier league teams - average players on too much money, teams abroad simply wont pay them anywhere near the money they're on so there is a limited market for them, WBA etc. can get better deals buying from abroad so why would they sign Gibbs, Debuchy, Wilshere, Perez etc.? and the player will be reluctant to drop their salary, being the naive f*ckers a lot of them are they probably actually think they are worth it :roll:, after all Arsene thinks they are. :roll:

So much dross filling the squad that no one wants eating away at the money, worrying that it is about 2/3rd's the way through pre-season now and we've only got rid of Sanogoals, I don't really count Szczeny as he was less of a problem than the likes of Gibbs, Debuchy & co. Lets hope we have a busy August both in and out, if not we are well and truly f*cked.. only upside is so is Wenger.

Think it is more of a case that they know they are not going to get that sort of money elsewhere so they maximize it by seeing out their contract. Don't know how true it is but I read Sonogoals took around 1m off us. Can you really blame him for staying?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

markyp wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:14 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:59 pm
interesting snippet....

John Cross reckons that Oxlade-Chamberlain has had quite a few meetings with Wenger over his contract situation, and has made the decision not to re-sign with Arsenal. He has insisted that the stand-off is absolutely nothing to do with the new wages offered (believed to be around 100,000 a week) but simply “is ambitious and is desperate to push himself and realise his full potential.”

get ready for Arsenal Spin
so I guess Ox will be the next player to be slagged off when he leaves?we moan about players enjoying the easy life at Arsenal commanding big wages whilst coasting under zero pressure and surrounded by a losing metality but when they leave to win the big stuff and play in a team of winners to better themselves they are called mercenaries,cant wait for the OX slagging to start
Especially by those as thick as shyte and twice as smelly :?

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

http://news.arseblog.com/2017/07/lucas- ... ivo-return

-----------------

Wenger has treated him really badly, there were rumours when we signed him that Wenger didn't want him and that someone else (Ivan?), pushed the deal through because the fans were getting restless about our lack of depth up front late in the transfer window, I know many wont believe this (especially AKB's :roll: ) but by the way things have gone it does look a bit suspicious.

I'd rather he got a few more oppotunities but realistically he is not at Arsenal's level... oh wait, we are a Europa league team now.. :roll:

GTG

Post by GTG »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:29 am

-----------------

Wenger has treated him really badly, there were rumours when we signed him that Wenger didn't want him and that someone else (Ivan?), pushed the deal through because the fans were getting restless about our lack of depth up front late in the transfer window, I know many wont believe this (especially AKB's :roll: ) but by the way things have gone it does look a bit suspicious.

I'd rather he got a few more oppotunities but realistically he is not at Arsenal's level... oh wait, we are a Europa league team now.. :roll:
This one is one that really pisses me off. He's been treated disgracefully by the club and there is bound to be some truth that he wasn't a Wenger signing. What more can a guy do than play well when given a chance and he pretty much did that every time he played. There were some sublime goals and touches which had an impact then he got the time.

None of us can say with any certainty that he isn't Arsenal level or what we should be looking too because he simply didnt get a crack.

This window is panning out the same as all of the rest of them and its hardly a surprise is it.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

sk-gtfo wrote:

-----------------

The way he's been treated is an utter disgrace. Wanker has done this to a number of players of the years and I hope Perez gives it to the *word censored* with both fucking barrells when he leaves. Good luck to him, he deserves better than this.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

GTG wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:39 am
sk-gtfo wrote:

-----------------

This one is one that really pisses me off. He's been treated disgracefully by the club and there is bound to be some truth that he wasn't a Wenger signing. What more can a guy do than play well when given a chance and he pretty much did that every time he played. There were some sublime goals and touches which had an impact then he got the time.

None of us can say with any certainty that he isn't Arsenal level or what we should be looking too because he simply didnt get a crack.

This window is panning out the same as all of the rest of them and its hardly a surprise is it.
Not really be given a chance, and when he did play looked promising
looks like OX is being chased by Chavs, a player who i would keep unlike the stack of dross just sitting their collecting their wages

Midz

Post by Midz »

I would keep Perez over Welbeck and keep Ox too. Perez looked good when he was given a chance to play. Welbeck has looked pants everytime he plays. yeah yeah, he works hard for the team..doing what exactly?

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:46 pm
Redarmy wrote:

well not really - he has just signed a new 2 year contract and so can sit back and not do too much

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Whatever way you colour Chamberlain going blue, once "The Boss" as he insists on being called by The Tass Agency, he will make him out as another Cashley!, coz he ain't gonna call it ambition amigos!... :lol:

This club resembles that American sitcom "Soap", we being led by the nutty retired general... C :D

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Can't wait for the shit storm that is brewing for that final week in August as the minutes tick away to the close of the window. Alexis will have played 3 games by then - two away at Stoke and the Mickeys that will both almost certainly end in defeat or draws at best - and then what? Be told that he isn't going anywhere and is involved in a fight for 7th against his will? Tell Stan that a guy we could get £50m for now, will leave for free in a year? Right on Arsene

The Ox and Alexis will piss off in the day or two before the window closes whilst our negotiators will embarrass themselves further by chucking money after Lemar. So Ox and Alexis out, Lemar and Joe L'Average in - all this from a team more than 20 points off the pace who will find themselves further behind the champions who (along with their main rivals) will have sewn up deals on top players long before the window closes.

If I can grab a freebie for the Bournemouth game that follows I might get along for the return of the banners and the start of Groundhog Season number 13

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Looks like time running out and now getting linked with no one

Wanker Mr 30 years will be preparing pre season and then the Charity shield

so many issues to address, can't see Alexis staying TBH

Cech in goal is shite, Santi never replaced, and looks like we will have showboater in midfield again FFS :banghead:

get ready for the protests 4th game in...... :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: