The January "He Looks Quite Good" Transfer Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
markyp

Re: The January "He Looks Quite Good" Transfer Thread

Post by markyp »

ozil signing is for me the best bit of business weve done,Aubameyang is a like for like with Sanchez and Mkhytarian well, dunno,we are no stronger now than at the start of the window BUT with ozil staying and Aubameyang coming in it gives me hope that once TOF finally fucks off we might still have a good squad in place for the next manager.a keeper in the summer and things will look pretty good.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Dear God no... surely not... we wouldn't would we? :shock:

Alex Song is training with Arsenal as he's without a club.

It's the flamini situation all over again!

augie

Post by augie »

Stupid c.unts are making late effort to sign johnny fcuking evans :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :censored: :censored:

Midz

Post by Midz »

Johnny Evans is too old and too expensive. the only positive is that he has a good head or mindset that is better than what we currently have at the back.

Midz

Post by Midz »

NickF wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:35 pm
GranadaJoe wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:28 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:53 pm
I think Chelski got the worst out of the triangular transfer saga with Giroud. A player who never had any pace, was pretty lazy movement wise both in and around the box and as we saw last night, still hasn’t figured out the offside rule.

Not one of the better strikers to wear the shirt over the last 30 years. Despite scoring over 100 goals for Arsenal, he never had one season where he scored more than 20 in the league.

I don't see how Le Lampost is going to fit into the Chavs' style of play. I can't see hazard, Willian, Pedro, Moses or Alonso belting down the line, looking up for the Cf and then waiting 5 minutes whil Giroud lumbers up into the area.

Maybe Conte will go long-ball?

Does anyone know how long he's signed for? Because he won't be getting any quicker over the next few years.
BBC says 18 months. It will be interesting to see how they use him as they seem to have been linked to anyone with a bit of height regardless of ability. The problem for me is that presumably our option from the bench is now going to be Danny Welshit. :banghead:
TBH we don't have an option from the bench really.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

We signed Aubameyang for €60m which set in motion a process that allowed Chelsea sign Giroud for about one third of that amount...Does that make Arsenal financially doped.?

augie

Post by augie »

Midz wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:33 pm
Johnny Evans is too old and too expensive. the only positive is that he has a good head or mindset that is better than what we currently have at the back.

And too shit 8)

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

Sorry i just cant get over Giroud to Chelski. Just seems wrong to me. Yes!! I know the Pierre conundrum needed this but. But its a shite situation to have found ourselves in.

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

Sorry i just cant get over Giroud to Chelski. Just seems wrong to me. Yes!! I know the Pierre conundrum needed this but. But its a shite situation to have found ourselves in. Wheres my tin hat? :mrgnu:

NickF

Post by NickF »

Debuchy has signed for St Entienne for 6 month deal.
Reine-Adelaide on loan to French club Angers for the rest of the season.
Chuba Akpom on loan to Sint-Truidense in the Belgian top flight for the rest of the season.

markyp

Post by markyp »

wilko49er wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:57 pm
Sorry i just cant get over Giroud to Chelski. Just seems wrong to me. Yes!! I know the Pierre conundrum needed this but. But its a shite situation to have found ourselves in. Wheres my tin hat? :mrgnu:
I agree it does leave a shit taste in the mouth tbh

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

markyp wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:10 pm
wilko49er wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:57 pm
I agree it does leave a shit taste in the mouth tbh
Why? Giroud never gave us the goals when we needed them to win the league a few years back.

Chelski has been done over like a kipper, signing a striker who never had any pace and is on the wrong side of 30.

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

Sanchez enjoying life at the top scum winning 2-0

shu

Post by shu »

Giroud , was slow like a donkey , one pace slow .

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Both Sanchez and Giroud have gone full blown Arsenal for their new clubs tonight :lol: