The January "He Looks Quite Good" Transfer Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
xisstential

Re: The Fake News Summer Transfer Thread

Post by xisstential »

Redarmy wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:57 pm
Herd wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:27 am
Herd wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:44 am
You cannot force a player to leave and you can't force them to play anywhere you want them to.
This isn't the same in US sports like baseball or NFL however Dick Law struggles with this concept just as wenger doesn't understand why he can't sell players that earn 2 or three times their market value .

Wenger and Law love this brinkmanship deadline day BS as this happens in the US and is known as draft day one of Kevin Costners better films but experience has shown the model doesn't apply to football. he who hesitates is lost in today's game.

Wenger cannot understand the rapid change in player prices either.In recent years these often occur when there's a leap in 1 players selling price which then has a domino effect on similar players .
In 2013-4 it was Falcao to monaco and shortly after the Cavanni to PSG transfer that left Napoli with money to burn so the Price for Higuain who Arsenal had been stalking and nickle n diming Madrid for over a month price shot up from 27 million euros to 40 million euros over-night ,Arsenal were caught cold !
Gazidis correctly identified too that Dick Law is a prick who quite literally trolls and banters with every club/agent in europe enquiring on the price of just about every player which is why we are linked to a lot of players all the time .

Our entire transfer approach is a shambles and it's failures are systemic as our playing faults are and our injury fiasco is and the teams selection is they will happen again and again with the same results .
What are you on about Gazidis says its been a success :D :D :D :D

Its all positive from Gazidis, mind you on £3 million a year for doing nothing life would look rosy

'At the end of the window, reviewing all activity, we have once again improved the depth and quality of the squad,' Gazidis wrote in an email sent to players and staff on Friday via the Daily Star.
'Everything is coloured by results... a positive performance at Liverpool would have coloured this transfer window very differently,' he continued.
'We have had a poor start to the season but have the quality to turn it around and turn around performances and compete for the title'.
You see these are all "football men" and we as fans, are as near to simpletons as one can get, so it's doesn't really matter what we are seeing,we need to believe what they tell us.

Of course we didn't bring anyone else in after the Liverpool game so all this "improving" took place before that humiliation. So my question is....why did the "improved" squad get beat 4 -0???

That question will never get answered as it will never be asked.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Yes I have strayed from message ,Gazidis has obviously been drafted to the dark side and is now a wenger apologist .
Stripped of dignity he resorts to emailing the players to tell them what to think and say .
Its more like 1984 everyday ,better not step out of line or the ministry of love will come and get you !

canonspark

Post by canonspark »

you wont see gazidis in public from now on after statements like that

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Herd wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:32 pm
Yes I have strayed from message ,Gazidis has obviously been drafted to the dark side and is now a wenger apologist .
Stripped of dignity he resorts to emailing the players to tell them what to think and say .
Its more like 1984 everyday ,better not step out of line or the ministry of love will come and get you !

Yes, there's a room deep in the bowels of Ashburton Grove and all that's on the door is a three figure number....101. That's where those of you who dare question the regime will end up, strapped to a chair and forced to watch re-runs of our on-field humiliations......forever !!

Funnily enough, I get a grinding deep in my bowels when I think about the state of our erstwhile glorious Club. That changes to a "quickening" in the bowels when we're due to play a half decent team !

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

apparently they have learned from letting players contracts run down....

Aaron Ramsey, Petr Cech, Danny Welbeck, Nacho Monreal and Theo Walcott are among the first-team regulars who are only under contract until 2019 and, having appointed Huss Fahmy this summer from Team Sky to work with Dick Law on contracts, Arsenal intend to be proactive with those players they want to keep.

Wow thats a relief can't sleep about Wally , Wellwide, Helmet head and Monreal leaving.....

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Redarmy wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:53 pm

Aaron Ramsey, Petr Cech, Danny Welbeck, Nacho Monreal and Theo Walcott are among the first-team regulars who are only under contract until 2019 and, having appointed Huss Fahmy this summer from Team Sky to work with Dick Law on contracts, Arsenal intend to be proactive with those players they want to keep.

Wow thats a relief can't sleep about Wally , Wellwide, Helmet head and Monreal leaving.....

Please, tell me you don't rate Ramsey ??!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :speechless: :speechless:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

So.

Can someone tell me if Lemar qualifies for our sooper, sooper top, top qualiteee Virtual Squad....??? I mean we DID try and sign him but being sensible chap he fecked us off.

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:15 pm
So.

Can someone tell me if Lemar qualifies for our sooper, sooper top, top qualiteee Virtual Squad....??? I mean we DID try and sign him but being sensible chap he fecked us off.
Alas he's ineligible for the virtual squad of Wenker "could have" signings as the latter actually tried to sign Lemar but was told to go fuck himself.

Whole different (and soon to be just as big) category of nearly-men.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:12 pm
Redarmy wrote:

Please, tell me you don't rate Ramsey ??!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :speechless: :speechless:
What sir flicks a lot, Mr showboater...... :D :D :D

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Redarmy wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:32 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:12 pm
Redarmy wrote:

What sir flicks a lot, Mr showboater...... :D :D :D

You know what, I dislike him more than any other member of the squad and that includes Walnut :shock: . The bloke is fucking useless, a liability, whose lack of football nous, dreadful positional sense as a centre mid and rank distribution, dumps the team in the crap time and again. What fuels my dislike, is the ridiculous myth, perpetuated by the media and the many morons amongst our support, that he is a top quality player. Listen to how often commentators and pundits talk about his goal threat, when he's probably scored a total of 4 or 5 league goals over the last 3 seasons.

The myth is based on the sympathy over his horror leg break and 3 good months....it was NOT a whole season !!

I'm not sure, but I may have expressed this opinion previously on these pages. :D :wink:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Lets be honest, if you were a decent manager coming to Arsenal how many players would you looking to keep after 2 summer transfer windows, they've all been Wengerised and not many could be 'saved' :wink:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:03 pm
Lets be honest, if you were a decent manager coming to Arsenal how many players would you looking to keep after 2 summer transfer windows, they've all been Wengerised and not many could be 'saved' :wink:
That squad he has assemble is one big mess.....fucking disaster

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

canonspark wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:07 pm
you wont see gazidis in public from now on after statements like that
We had our suspicions before, but now it has been confirmed. Gazidis IS Wenger's new Gimp...he has him Locked in His Basement tied and bound and ready to be Disciplined.

No doubt they'll both enjoy it.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Gazidis must have been under the influence of some sort of narcotic to make the statement that our squad is stronger because we didn't sell our best players. Sickening piece of spin by the man who promised us change in the summer.
Not surprised to learn he's joining up with the EPL committee to UEFA. Didn't Dein go the same way?