The January "He Looks Quite Good" Transfer Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
General

Re: The Fake News Summer Transfer Thread

Post by General »

We are running a multi million pound business like a corner shop. If the intention was to entertain offers for Sanchez all along, we should've named our price early, informed interested parties, got a replacement lined up and agreed, and then concluded the deal. I know it's a lot more complex than this but we had all fucking summer to conclude the Lemar deal yet pissed about till the last minute. Chavs has no such issues when they promptly sold Matic with a replacement already lined up. Wonga then tells his usual lies about Monaco shutting the door on the Lemar deal when they were always willing to sell for the right price all along.

Sometimes I feel there's something a bit more sinister at play here and the club deliberately trips over itself to take the focus away from the fucking prick. Lo and behold the Liverpool defeat is now a distant memory and all the talk has been about transfers and what we should and shouldn't have done allowing the French ignoramus to take another breather.

NickF

Post by NickF »

Wenger must of known Lemar was playing for France that night so there was no hope of ever getting the deal through. If he really wanted him, buy him earlier in the window. The bids for Mbappe and Lemar, which would have move than doubled our previous highest outlays were just there to make it look like we are competing when we know they will not be accepted IMO.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

NickF wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:51 pm
Wenger must of known Lemar was playing for France that night so there was no hope of ever getting the deal through. If he really wanted him, buy him earlier in the window. The bids for Mbappe and Lemar, which would have move than doubled our previous highest outlays were just there to make it look like we are competing when we know they will not be accepted IMO.
And now he is throwing his toys out of the pram over the failure of FFP (which we all knew was coming), stop blaming P$G and co and start blaming the real problem - his own tactical shortcomings along with being complicit with the wiggy w*nker in using Arsenal as an investment tool.

Still now we have Ivan the terrible as our "inside man" within UEFA I'm sure all the financially doped clubs will get suitably punished and banned from the CL etc. meanwhile Wenger will reinvent himself as a master tactician and romp home to the treble to cheers of "there's only one Arsene Wenger".

:barscarf:

:roll:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

xisstential wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:04 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:56 pm
Finally, a decent decision made on the transfer window, closing before season starts.
At least now we know Wenger can operate in a fair & free market and get some real quality in. I cannot wait until next June :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
I don't think he'll be in charge next summer window. No trophy no champions league will see him leave.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I hope Sanchez gets flogged for the supposed £20m or so that is being reported at the moment, in the Jan window. Could be meltdown at the Bowl and old c.unt chops is going to face 5 more months of intense misery after that

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... Mbappe-PSG

:D :D :D :D

Apparently we nearly signed Mbappe twice :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

ONE ARSENE WENGER.......THERE'S ONLY ONE ARSENE WENGER

Midz

Post by Midz »

Apparently Jose is interested in Lemar so if he puts in a bid that's us fucked in January.

Sean

Post by Sean »

I wonder which youth team no-mark we shall sign from the continent on January 31st. Will he even get a work permit? :rubchin:

It is so exciting :suicide:

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:46 pm

apparently by 2020 nobody will be any further than 6 feet away from a player that Wenger "nearly signed"

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

greengooner wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:27 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:

apparently by 2020 nobody will be any further than 6 feet away from a player that Wenger "nearly signed"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Quality. 8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:58 am
greengooner wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:27 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Quality. 8)
The SAD News is that the ceeeunt will probably still be around... :suicide:

Midz

Post by Midz »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... griezmann/

If he can get his mate to join us it'd be great.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Midz wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:48 pm
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... griezmann/

If he can get his mate to join us it'd be great.
Griezmann is above the level of player we can attract thanks to Arsene and Stan. No point getting your hopes up.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... e-11311955

File under Benzema, Gotze and Joe Cole.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Nos89 wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:20 pm
xisstential wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:04 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:56 pm
Finally, a decent decision made on the transfer window, closing before season starts.
At least now we know Wenger can operate in a fair & free market and get some real quality in. I cannot wait until next June :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
I don't think he'll be in charge next summer window. No trophy no champions league will see him leave.
I agree, the failure, coupled with his integrity, values and common decency, will see him make way for a better man.