The January "He Looks Quite Good" Transfer Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Allgunsblazin

Re: The January "He Looks Quite Good" Transfer Thread

Post by Allgunsblazin »

wilko49er wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:30 pm
Sanchez enjoying life at the top scum winning 2-0
The grass is always greener!..... :mrgreen:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

augie wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:04 am
Alan Smith has said on ssn that he thinks these new signings have been done with wenkers input and it suggests a transfer of some of the power away from the french c.unt (my words not his :wink: ). It has been said by many of the fans on here already, but I love to see a respected pundit (and former player) come out and openly say it 8)
Do you mean "without" mate.

markyp

Post by markyp »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:14 pm
wilko49er wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:30 pm
Sanchez enjoying life at the top scum winning 2-0
The grass is always greener!..... :mrgreen:
hes gonna see of there's still time left tonight for a move to city

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Night night lads - I'm going to end this transfer window Rodders style......having a sly one over the one and only Hayley looking quite the part in her black number tonight :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

More exciting than any c.unt Wenger could ever sign!

NickF

Post by NickF »

Evening Standard suggesting that we are actually paying Batshuayi loan fee...

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 54216.html

Happy Talk

Post by Happy Talk »

NickF wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:11 pm

Interesting....huge money changing hands in the blink of an eye, to get deals done. A (quite big) bit of me hates all this to be honest.

Love to go back to when we signed 'Supermac' for £333,333 from Newcastle! Saw him score a hat-trick against Newcastle, went with my dad - just looked it up, 4th Dec 1976......fucking hell I was 10!

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Happy Talk wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:25 pm
NickF wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:11 pm

Interesting....huge money changing hands in the blink of an eye, to get deals done. A (quite big) bit of me hates all this to be honest.

Love to go back to when we signed 'Supermac' for £333,333 from Newcastle! Saw him score a hat-trick against Newcastle, went with my dad - just looked it up, 4th Dec 1976......fucking hell I was 10!

16 goals on MOTD that night..Birmingham beat someone 6-2 and we beat Newcastle 5-3...they only showed two matches in those days
I remember going crazy when I heard on BBC Radio 2 that Alan Hudson had joined Arsenal..Transfers seemed to happen then without months of speculation..There was the gossip columns in the Sunday papers but not much else .

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

markyp wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:10 pm
wilko49er wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:57 pm
Sorry i just cant get over Giroud to Chelski. Just seems wrong to me. Yes!! I know the Pierre conundrum needed this but. But its a shite situation to have found ourselves in. Wheres my tin hat? :mrgnu:
I agree it does leave a shit taste in the mouth tbh
That's what ramsey, iwobi, mustafi & cech say after their morning meeting with TOF. :D

Midz

Post by Midz »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:44 am
markyp wrote:
wilko49er wrote:
Sorry i just cant get over Giroud to Chelski. Just seems wrong to me. Yes!! I know the Pierre conundrum needed this but. But its a shite situation to have found ourselves in. Wheres my tin hat? :mrgnu:
That's what ramsey, iwobi, mustafi & cech say after their morning meeting with TOF. :D
ramsey, iwobi, mustafi & cech shouldn't even be having morning meetings with TOF. They should've been shown the exit.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Midz wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:56 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:44 am
markyp wrote:
wilko49er wrote:
ramsey, iwobi, mustafi & cech shouldn't even be having morning meetings with TOF. They should've been shown the exit.
I concur :( xhaka wellwide and umpteen other dangleberries should be nowhere near our first team either.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

So just a 7 million net spend this window after making a profit in the last one yet the line being spun was that we had no money to sign a CB. That's on top of the fabled 150-200m war chest we've been banging on about forever.

While we're giving the impression of spending money it seems to me to be just some glorified 3 card trick as we're recouping as much as we're spending. It looks like we have to sell a player first before we can get somebody else in.

Where has all the money gone?? They're trying to hoodwink us by giving the impression of investing in the squad but in reality practically no money is being spent on it.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:11 am
So just a 7 million net spend this window after making a profit in the last one yet the line being spun was that we had no money to sign a CB. That's on top of the fabled 150-200m war chest we've been banging on about forever.

While we're giving the impression of spending money it seems to me to be just some glorified 3 card trick as we're recouping as much as we're spending. It looks like we have to sell a player first before we can get somebody else in.

Where has all the money gone?? They're trying to hoodwink us by giving the impression of investing in the squad but in reality practically no money is being spent on it.
Our club is ran by a shower of fly barstewards rodders.We've flogged Wally Giroud Cock Debuchy and shunted a few out on loan,so a fair whack off the wage (thief)bill.We've signed Aubameyang and gave Ozill :oops: a bumper new deal and we've swapped out best player for a manure cast off :barscarf: I wonder what the difference in wages is with all of the ins and outs :rubchin: id imagine it's lower.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Yeah I think it's at best the same and most probably lower.

In the last two windows - Scez, Ox, Gibbs, Sanchez, Coquelin, Theo, Giroud and Debuchy have been culled from the wage bill.

In have come Lacazette, Kolasinac, Mkhitaryan and Aubameyang. Add in Ozil's lottery win and you're probably at par.

We have actually made a profit of £20m on the last two windows after all the changes.

The fears that Stan is using our balance sheet as leverage for his NFL team look to be very real and when we get to the summer window who comes in looks like it has to depend entirely on who we can offload.

The money is being TROUSERED :banghead:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:59 pm
markyp wrote:
wilko49er wrote:
Why? Giroud never gave us the goals when we needed them to win the league a few years back.

Chelski has been done over like a kipper, signing a striker who never had any pace and is on the wrong side of 30.
Giroud was never used correctly. He is not a lone striker. Also we had problems in midfield and at the back that had an arguably bigger say in us not winning the league.

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:24 pm
Yeah I think it's at best the same and most probably lower.

In the last two windows - Scez, Ox, Gibbs, Sanchez, Coquelin, Theo, Giroud and Debuchy have been culled from the wage bill.

In have come Lacazette, Kolasinac, Mkhitaryan and Aubameyang. Add in Ozil's lottery win and you're probably at par.

We have actually made a profit of £20m on the last two windows after all the changes.

The fears that Stan is using our balance sheet as leverage for his NFL team look to be very real and when we get to the summer window who comes in looks like it has to depend entirely on who we can offload.

The money is being TROUSERED :banghead:
Yes I've always said that but maybe it's no bad thing in the short term. Wenger has completely lost touch with reality and signs duds on big money. Just look at Mustafi and Xhaka. They cost a combined 70 Million and would not get into any other top 10 PL side let alone top 4.
They are costing us games and those 2 players alone are the reason signing Aubameyang won't set us back on the correct path. Don't get me started on the ongoing for 10 years goalkeeping situation.
Pep knows what he is doing. Getting a reputation for beautiful attacking football while spending a fortune on getting his defence and goalkeeper just right so they can attack with piece of mind.