The January "He Looks Quite Good" Transfer Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Ray C

Re: The Fake News Summer Transfer Thread

Post by Ray C »

falkirk goon wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:32 pm
MrT wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:19 pm
Gabriel about to sign for Valencia.
Dreams can come true.. 8)
Maybe he can take young Feo with him. That should swing the deal !. :barscarf: :barscarf:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Possibly our worst CB since Stepanovs!!

All this 'posturing' from Wonga about Sanchez etc......'he will not be sold, 'we will let him go for free at the end of the season' blah blah blah is all done to push the selling price up now. Arsenal will end this transfer window with a big profit from sales v money spent, just what Wonga promised Kranky when the CL money didn't come this season!

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Didn't we sign mustafi from Valencia?
Probably saving £10m in cash from that deal to put towards Sanchez contract extension.

Herd

Post by Herd »

I dont think Gabriel was so bad and nowhere near as bad as lushny and stepanovs but not speaking english and working in a defence that doesn't know what its doing hasn't helped him one bit.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Stepanovs seem to remember him in the 8-2 defeat at the Manx.....is he still earning a living at playing football????

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Herd wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:37 am
I dont think Gabriel was so bad and nowhere near as bad as lushny and stepanovs but not speaking english and working in a defence that doesn't know what its doing hasn't helped him one bit.
Spot on Herd... I think with proper training he could have turned out a lot more than alright. It doesn't help not speaking English and not having at least one calm, competent leader alongside him. Imagine what it must have been like for him, surrounding by wild eyed, panic stricken, headless chickens running around in circles screeching in a foreign language. I bet he can't wait to leave.

And he'll leave forever wondering who Steve Bould is, and what he does.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Redarmy wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:00 pm
Stepanovs seem to remember him in the 8-2 defeat at the Manx.....is he still earning a living at playing football????
I think you are thinking of the 6-1 defeat at OT in 2001, he was long gone by the 8-2. I know it gets confusing with all these hammerings we've received under Wanger.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:12 pm
Redarmy wrote:
I think you are thinking of the 6-1 defeat at OT in 2001, he was long gone by the 8-2. I know it gets confusing with all these hammerings we've received under Wanger.
:lol:

Yeah, lads - if you are talking about some of the hammerings we have received under Wenger you will need to qualify your post with dates etc... there has been THAT many. :oops: :oops:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:31 pm
sk-gtfo wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:12 pm
Redarmy wrote:
:lol:

Yeah, lads - if you are talking about some of the hammerings we have received under Wenger you will need to qualify your post with dates etc... there has been THAT many. :oops: :oops:
Yes thanks lads....tried to erase those painful memories.....

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

falkirk goon wrote:
MrT wrote:
Very good Falkirk :barscarf: :-P
Not sure many caught on.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

StuartL wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:03 pm
falkirk goon wrote:
MrT wrote:
Very good Falkirk :barscarf: :-P
Not sure many caught on.
:high5: 8)

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Inter in talks with Mustafi....so with Sezsehny gone and Perez going still the dead wood remain....keeping very quiet on very lucrative contracts

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

My mind may be playing tricks on me , but was Gabriel not outstanding in the second half of the Cup semi final v City ?
See him as an average defender made worse by the lack of coaching and organisation around him..

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

I hate to say it but it looks like Sanchez will be sold to City. Wenger will use the excuse it was the boards decision. When he starts scoring goals for them and we lose a few games it will be worse than last season in terms of fan unrest.
Then it will be impossible to sign anyone world class because Arsenal will be seen as a club in crisis.
Happy Times.

Herd

Post by Herd »

I think Sanchez will go and a few more ,now Mustafi is being sold too ? so we sell the squad players we actually need to keep the dross that we cant move on ????????

We should simply let go of the deadwood and keep those we need instead of selling good players for the hell of it !

Another Arsenal transfer window is looming !
Last edited by Herd on Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.