Players you think you should hate but don't

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Graham71

Re: Players you think you should hate but don't

Post by Graham71 »

Gareth Bale.He could have taken the easy option and joined United but he moved to a different country,different culture to join the biggest club in the world when he wasnt going to be top dog.Yes he played for the Spuds but there is not one Gooner who wouldnt want him at Arsenal

Just a footnote.The Spuds went to Saints and bought Bale and sold him for £80m we bought Wally, Poxlade Chambermaid and Chambers(remember him?) Thanks Wenger

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Aaron Ramsey.

Oh, sorry, I didn't read the last part of the question.

:wink:

oaodan

Post by oaodan »

Antonio Conte. Classy guy.

augie

Post by augie »

oaodan wrote:Antonio Conte. Classy guy.

Have to say that I do like conte - he has an enthusiasm that really motivates his players, but he has a real steely side where his players will know not to take liberties with him 8)

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

augie wrote:
oaodan wrote:Antonio Conte. Classy guy.

Have to say that I do like conte - he has an enthusiasm that really motivates his players, but he has a real steely side where his players will know not to take liberties with him 8)
He's been a breath of fresh air for the chavs.Meanwhile in North Kor I mean London :oops: we have Arsenio Cunte :| hanging around like a stale pump :oops:

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

I fucking despise Chelsea but I was happy for Fabregas winning another title. He's still miles better than anything we have in our midfield, including Ozil.

Clash

Post by Clash »

Yeah I like Conte. Genuine passion and enthusiasm. Loves winning and doesn't try to hide it like. None of this Mourinho style throwing your medal into the crowd nonsense for instance.

I'm still more of a Players you think you shouldn't hate but do person though : )

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee wrote:I fucking despise Chelsea but I was happy for Fabregas winning another title. He's still miles better than anything we have in our midfield, including Ozil.
Exactly. He was an upgrade on what we had available three years ago. The fact that Wenger allowed personal resentment to colour his judgement on what was best for the club shows that he is not fit to manage at elite level. Fabregas now has two title winners' medals in three years. Delighted for him.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Fabregas, last decent captain we had. Hurts seeing him winning premier league in a blue shirt, should be red and white.

Berbatov, despite being ex utd/ spurs he plays the game so nochenently he's simply brilliant.

David Luiz don't know why?

Sergio Ramos, the Madrid Puyol but I'd love to see him play for Arsenal.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Nos89 wrote:Fabregas, last decent captain we had. Hurts seeing him winning premier league in a blue shirt, should be red and white.

Berbatov, despite being ex utd/ spurs he plays the game so nochenently he's simply brilliant.

Superb player but not up to much as a captain. We were just as rudderless under him as we have been before and since - remember the goals flying in at St James Park whilst everybody trudged back to the halfway line with their heads down and silent. That was his captaincy.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

northbank123 wrote:
Nos89 wrote:Fabregas, last decent captain we had. Hurts seeing him winning premier league in a blue shirt, should be red and white.

Superb player but not up to much as a captain. We were just as rudderless under him as we have been before and since - remember the goals flying in at St James Park whilst everybody trudged back to the halfway line with their heads down and silent. That was his captaincy.
Don't think his antics in the tunnel before the Barca game at the Nou Camp were indicitive of a good captain but in fairness his head was well and truly turned by then and he knew Arsenal were going nowhere..He is a genius and I fear he will be with a different English club next season...

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Definitely Defoe....
I'd buy him.... :D

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Allgunsblazin wrote:Definitely Defoe....

I've always rated him and wanted us to buy him when he was at West Ham. Don't know if he's a difficult character, but no one seems to have maximised his potential. Always thought that with the right club and in the right hands, he would have been a prolific goal scorer. Don't find many "natural" gialscorers these days (other than Giroud of course :roll: ) and that impossible to teach, sixth sense, is the rarest gift in football. Worth its weight in gold and Defoe had it.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Allgunsblazin wrote:Definitely Defoe....

I've always rated him and wanted us to buy him when he was at West Ham. Don't know if he's a difficult character, but no one seems to have maximised his potential. Always thought that with the right club and in the right hands, he would have been a prolific goal scorer. Don't find many "natural" gialscorers these days (other than Giroud of course :roll: ) and that impossible to teach, sixth sense, is the rarest gift in football. Worth its weight in gold and Defoe had it.
Absolutely, and I always liked Chris Hughton, who has done well managing Brighton....

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Pussies. :roll:

I fucking hate every player listed on this thread. :barscarf: :wink: