Players you think you should hate but don't

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Red Snapper

Re: Players you think you should hate but don't

Post by Red Snapper »

Stuart Pearce
Eric Cantona
Trevor Brooking
Zola
That Italian defender who used to play for Rangers you'd want on your side in a street fight.

NickF

Post by NickF »

northbank123 wrote:I mean it's obligatory to hate Sheringham but I had some begrudging respect for him because he absolutely loved the banter with the fans.

We gave him bucketloads of shit whenever he came to Highbury and given the chance he would do exactly the same. Prick always seemed to score against us as well.

Good old-fashioned rivalry.
I remember when we played United in the charity shield a few years ago. Sherringham was warming up in front of us and getting loads of stick as you would expect. He suddenly turned round to face us and mimicked picking up the champion league trophy, the place when absolutely mental but I thought it was really funny. Do hate him though.

goonertone

Post by goonertone »

Should hate Roy Keane (and i did when he played) but i'd love a character like that now in our pussy midfield to kick some arse. Like the way he always fronts up to everyone including old red nose himself

gp543

Post by gp543 »

Pablo Zabaleta, James Milner, Hugo Lloris, Michael Carrick

One player I hate that other people just have a love for: Ruud Gullit. He's a massive weirdo and irritates me to no end.

Brightonnxtround

Post by Brightonnxtround »

Peter crouch :barscarf:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:Not that I actually give a fuck about England but I've just seen that Jermain Defoe has scored for England. I feel like I should really dislike him, but I don't. It's got me thinking about the players who I think I should hate but don't. Roy Keane is another one these days. Any others?
I've always thought Defoe to be the closet thing to Wrighty in modern football,I think he would have banged the goals in for us,imagine the chances our wankers miss that he would have scored,obviously I know the ex-clubs he has played for and that's why I'll probably need my tin helmet but I just think he would have been successful in a side like ours that create so many chances.

Paul Scholes for me,should hate the bloke but cant find any real reason to.....

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

NickF wrote:
northbank123 wrote:I mean it's obligatory to hate Sheringham but I had some begrudging respect for him because he absolutely loved the banter with the fans.

We gave him bucketloads of shit whenever he came to Highbury and given the chance he would do exactly the same. Prick always seemed to score against us as well.

Good old-fashioned rivalry.
I remember when we played United in the charity shield a few years ago. Sherringham was warming up in front of us and getting loads of stick as you would expect. He suddenly turned round to face us and mimicked picking up the champion league trophy, the place when absolutely mental but I thought it was really funny. Do hate him though.
That was the main one I was thinking of - think he pretended to lift three trophies for the treble. To be fair he spent the entire season before that getting dogs abuse for going to United and winnning fuck all :lol:

I remember the first season he was there when we won the double, he was so smug when he scored twice in front of our fans. Until David Platt popped up and scored the winner that is :barscarf:

bang goes the 0-0 draw

Post by bang goes the 0-0 draw »

Frank Lamprad

augie

Post by augie »

Cesc would be top of that list for me - I defended him on here (even when he joined the chavs), but in the last 2 seasons I have tried to hate him but I simply cant :oops: The guy will always be a Gooner in my eyes

Carragher - I should hate the scouse fool, but I always liked the passion and total commitment that he played with, and I respected the fact that he knew that he was never gonna be a regular in the English national team, and he withdrew from the squad so that he could give commitment to his club. As a pundit I like him too - he has a bit of personality about himself, and isn't afraid to make fun of himself too.

Bale - I abuse the c.unt frequently when watching his games, but I still cant help but have a grudging respect for him - I will always complain that one of the biggest things holding back Ireland and the various british national teams, is a complete unwillingness of their players to move abroad to experience playing in different leagues and cultures. I always believe that it is more than a coincidence that france and spain started to dominate international football when their players started to play outside their own countries, and for that reason I respect monkey man's decision to play in spain (albeit for the worlds biggest club)

Hoddle - the man is an absolute bellend and has some weird ideals going through his skull ( :roll: ) but as a player I always felt that he was different gravy at a time when british football was a war of attrition 8)

Sparky hughes - hate the c.unt in sooooo many ways, but at the same time I respected him as a player - again he went abroad to play for a while, but mainly I respected him cos he would kick lumps out of opposition players, but also accept it when it was being dished back at him. In my lifetime I have seen so many players who class themselves as hardmen when they are kicking the opposition around the pitch, but then as soon as they get kicked back they start moaning and whinging all over the place :roll:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

bobbybigb wrote:Peter Crouch ex scum and frequent pain in the arse against us.......seems like a decent bloke tbh
The Croucher.

Can't hate him after that reply when he was asked what he would have been if he hadn't become a footballer? "A virgin", he replied :lol: :lol:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Defoe's a good shout.

The other way round, players you shouldn't hate but do....the vast majority of the Arsenal squad.

Sean

Post by Sean »

VoiceOfReason wrote:RVP. Hardly a legend, but completely understand why he left and he was just as frustrated as the fans IMO.

Would obviously rather he hadn't gone to Man Utd, but he justified himself immediately by winning the PL and being top scorer. Pretty sure he refused to celebrate a goal against us too, despite all the abuse.

I was on Van Persie's side - not Wenger's - and felt that those who didn't understand him wanting to win trophies were just blindly loyal to Wenger.

Same scenario now playing out five years later with Sanchez, but if he went to Chelsea next season, is he in the wrong and worthy of hate too?
Spot on.
wibble wrote:I don't hate rvp as much as others but he celebrated like a complete knob when he scored against us
To be fair, Gooners were cúnting him off left, right and centre. Even in other games, they were singing 'Oh Robin, you're a cúnt'. Sadly he was proven absolutely right to leave The Old Fraud and go and win a title with one of the genuine best managers ever.
robbo10 wrote:
Perryashburtongroves wrote:Not that I actually give a fuck about England but I've just seen that Jermain Defoe has scored for England. I feel like I should really dislike him, but I don't. It's got me thinking about the players who I think I should hate but don't. Roy Keane is another one these days. Any others?
I've always thought Defoe to be the closet thing to Wrighty in modern football,I think he would have banged the goals in for us,imagine the chances our wankers miss that he would have scored,obviously I know the ex-clubs he has played for and that's why I'll probably need my tin helmet but I just think he would have been successful in a side like ours that create so many chances.
Yes, it's a shame he never played for us :(
arseofacrow wrote:Defoe's a good shout.

The other way round, players you shouldn't hate but do....the vast majority of the Arsenal squad.
Yep. I can't say I like very many of the players who have worn the shirt since 2008; many unlikeable wankers and overpaid bottlers in there. If I were to ever see Denilson or any of the other wasters, I'd want to chin them.

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Gareth Bale and Ronaldo. Both powerful forward/wingers with power, pace, heading ability, and the capacity to strike the ball with such velocity.

Its hard not to appreciate how good they were in the premier league. Now wonder they both ended up key at Real Madrid. Two of the very best to have ever played in this league.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Christ, had no idea we had so many vagina's on here. :lol: :roll:

Every one of those players listed is a cúnt for one reason or another - some for multiple reasons. Despise every one of them. Particularly cheating diving cúnts like Monkey Features Bale and the fucking Ladyboy. Two of the cúntiest utter cúnts to ever play the game. :roll: :x

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

Blame it on Wenger DB, weve all gone soft mate :oops: