Players you think you should hate but don't

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Allgunsblazin

Re: Players you think you should hate but don't

Post by Allgunsblazin »

DB10GOONER wrote:Pussies. :roll:

I fucking hate every player listed on this thread. :barscarf: :wink:
Lol... :lol:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Theres only 1 player I used to hate but changed my mind on !

Willy Young

Sent off against us the previous year whilst at spurs in a 0-0 draw that saw the most horrific violence on and off the pitch ,he was a surprising signing
His debut V Ipswich was horrific he had an awful game ,was roundly booed and the fans sang fuck off to tottenham .
He hung on and made a press statement saying he would work hard, accept any boos ,and try and win the fans over by his performances .....and he soon did .
When we played west ham in the cup final he stood outside the marble halls the week before giving his ticket allocation away to fans
for free !

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:Pussies. :roll:

I fucking hate every player listed on this thread. :barscarf: :wink:
Lol... :lol:

You mustn't hate dear boy, it's not nice........unless it's Aaron Ramsey who you're hating !! :cussing: :wink:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Herd wrote:Theres only 1 player I used to hate but changed my mind on !

Willy Young

Sent off against us the previous year whilst at spurs in a 0-0 draw that saw the most horrific violence on and off the pitch ,he was a surprising signing
His debut V Ipswich was horrific he had an awful game ,was roundly booed and the fans sang fuck off to tottenham .
He hung on and made a press statement saying he would work hard, accept any boos ,and try and win the fans over by his performances .....and he soon did .
When we played west ham in the cup final he stood outside the marble halls the week before giving his ticket allocation away to fans
for free !
You should have seen Ian Ure, made Wor Willie look like Bobby Moore..... :lol:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Allgunsblazin wrote:

Willy Young

for free !
He was still there when I started watching Arsenal but not for long , worse was Terry "henry" mancini !

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Herd wrote:
Allgunsblazin wrote:

Willy Young

for free !
Played for Ireland too wtf?... :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

He was still there when I started watching Arsenal but not for long , worse was Terry "henry" mancini !
The Pink Panther, (director Mancini) did we not get that fat Baldrick from QPR or did we flog him to QPR..... 8)

Herd

Post by Herd »

We got him from QPR was the worst player Ive ever ever seen in an Arsenal short !

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Herd wrote:We got him from QPR was the worst player Ive ever ever seen in an Arsenal short !
Wasn't it a deal involving Frank McLintock (double winning captain and all) going the other way ?

Clash

Post by Clash »

Willy Young

for free !
Best thing Willie Young did that I know of was to rob that spotty little turd Paul Allen of being the youngest scorer in a final :D

Just out of interest was the horrific violence on and off the pitch you mentioned as horrendous as what happened this season?

Herd

Post by Herd »

Willie Young was sent off for violent conduct , he was going ape shit at JIMMY RIMMER who was btw a great goalkeeper !

Off the field I remember I was abt 18 and it was scary shit ,the easy days of us strolling over there and lording it had not just gone, we were getting hammered all over the shop .
I jumped in between 2 cars so I only had to fend off 1 at a time but we got slapped about quite a bit ,and terrorised all the way past phillip lane where shortly after Tottenham Green one of our looniest loons made a back to back stand stand with another loon and a bollard and then a western saloon brawl started which resulted in the bollard getting destroyed and a bunch of us standing like napoleans men in the waterloo film end getting attacked from all sides for what seemed an age .
The Police who like the modern day spurs experience appear right outside the ground and then again at the station but nowhere in between seemed reluctant to do anything untill they saw that all traffic had ground to a halt in all three directions and then they just jumped out of 5 transits and hit anything that moved which worked in our favour and we moved into the station en bloc whilst getting a bit of payback on those who were forced our way !
regrouping on the platform we found theres was about 25 of us and all lucky to be ok except for a few black eyes and bruises ,in my case to my shins and arms and a ripped jumper !

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Allgunsblazin wrote:

Willy Young

for free !
My first Arsenal Player autograph was by Ian Ure - Except he couldn't write properly, and he made Chopper 'Arris look like eboue. :shock:

true I tell ya all true. :?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Herd wrote:Willie Young was sent off for violent conduct , he was going ape shit at JIMMY RIMMER who was btw a great goalkeeper !

Off the field I remember I was abt 18 and it was scary shit ,the easy days of us strolling over there and lording it had not just gone, we were getting hammered all over the shop .
I jumped in between 2 cars so I only had to fend off 1 at a time but we got slapped about quite a bit ,and terrorised all the way past phillip lane where shortly after Tottenham Green one of our looniest loons made a back to back stand stand with another loon and a bollard and then a western saloon brawl started which resulted in the bollard getting destroyed and a bunch of us standing like napoleans men in the waterloo film end getting attacked from all sides for what seemed an age .
The Police who like the modern day spurs experience appear right outside the ground and then again at the station but nowhere in between seemed reluctant to do anything untill they saw that all traffic had ground to a halt in all three directions and then they just jumped out of 5 transits and hit anything that moved which worked in our favour and we moved into the station en bloc whilst getting a bit of payback on those who were forced our way !
regrouping on the platform we found theres was about 25 of us and all lucky to be ok except for a few black eyes and bruises ,in my case to my shins and arms and a ripped jumper !
You should write a Book about it All Herd. I'd deffo buy it! :D

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

Cantona
That kungfu Kick, the seagulls, and those kronebourg adverts.......Legend!

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Herd wrote:Willie Young was sent off for violent conduct , he was going ape shit at JIMMY RIMMER who was btw a great goalkeeper !

You should write a Book about it All Herd. I'd deffo buy it! :D
Good job ex boxer Paddy Rice didn't chim him lol.... :box:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Herd wrote:We got him from QPR was the worst player Ive ever ever seen in an Arsenal short !

You boys are right, Ian Ure (just remember seeing him), Willie Young and Terry Mancini were all dreadful, but there is another incompetent who played at centre half (possibly with Mancini or immediately after) and would vie with Mancini as the worst of the worst.....Jeff Blockley !!!

In terms of the worst player I've seen in an Arsenal shirt, albeit a centre forward, not a centre half, then John Hawley takes a lot of beating. Got him from third division Hull (where Terry Neill had previously managed) and I imagine that even that level had been far too good for him !!