Crystal Palace (A) | PL | Mon 10 Apr 20:00

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Topside Northbank

Re: Crystal Palace (A) | PL | Mon 10 Apr 20:00

Post by Topside Northbank »

Any,any other club would now say look it's run its's course the players are not playing for you and you can't get the best out of them.

The man is 67 ffs his time has passed and has done for many years the new influx of money in the PL means almost every team can pay decent salary's and if you play to your strengths and tactically and team spirit wise you have a chance.

Thought the most telling thing of the evening was the Allardyce interview....'we know they play a lot of passes side to side and backward and leave the cb's exposed'.....we can all see it.

The club is totally fucked if he get's another 2 years,forget how many times we have played well this year twice imo Chelsea and West Ham apart can anyone here name me one player that has improved this season.

After the Chelsea game Conte was under pressure ditched certain names and worked on a formation.Done well since,still we will keep pissing in the wind some blaming everything but the obvious.

Mistical92

Post by Mistical92 »

rodders999 wrote:
MrT wrote:On a side note, there were people on here desperate for Bellerin to get 100k a week :lol:
That bit at the end where he wanted to take the throw but our own fans wouldn't give him the ball and a chorus of you're not fit to wear the shirt rained down was fucking unreal.

Don't think I've ever seen that happen anywhere before. Players getting serious abuse getting on the team bus too apparently. Shit just got real tonight.
Hope everyone at home appreciated that! Was quite entertaining, I was to the left of where the ball was and nearly everyone was telling the guy not to throw it back.

Never heard 'Wenger out' and 'You're not fit to wear the shirt' so loud as it was tonight. Hope it makes the message clear enough, but I doubt it.

This is fucking ridiculous, I'd actually laugh if he stays, I've gone past anger ages ago.

armchair

Post by armchair »

Walcott says Palace wanted it more.
Kroenke obviously doesnt know how to motivate this team or set them up tactically. Fuckin shambles. :roll:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Mistical92 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
MrT wrote:On a side note, there were people on here desperate for Bellerin to get 100k a week :lol:
That bit at the end where he wanted to take the throw but our own fans wouldn't give him the ball and a chorus of you're not fit to wear the shirt rained down was fucking unreal.

Don't think I've ever seen that happen anywhere before. Players getting serious abuse getting on the team bus too apparently. Shit just got real tonight.
Hope everyone at home appreciated that! Was quite entertaining, I was to the left of where the ball was and nearly everyone was telling the guy not to throw it back.

Never heard 'Wenger out' and 'You're not fit to wear the shirt' so loud as it was tonight. Hope it makes the message clear enough, but I doubt it.

This is fucking ridiculous, I'd actually laugh if he stays, I've gone past anger ages ago.
I saw a video of it on Twitter and it was absolutely deafening. I feel no connection with these players and it's only right that they should be getting that kind of stick. Tonight was as limp-dicked as it gets.

Carragher is absolutely right that Walcott is just trying to improve his image with that 'honest' interview.

Topside Northbank

armchair wrote:Walcott says Palace wanted it more.
Kroenke obviously doesnt know how to motivate this team or set them up tactically. Fuckin shambles. :roll:
Listen mate the skipper fronted up and it was nice to see Ramsey get the skipper's armband as well leader's both in the after game interview.

Cliche's aplenty the pair of them and cracking tatoo's.

Sorry mate totally agree,except shambles is a fucking understatement.

MrT

Post by MrT »

rodders999 wrote:

Yup. There's a video of the team bus getting abuse. Long overdue.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

We are closer to Palace in 16th than we are to Chelsea. Shouldn't be surprised but that is appalling.

Topside Northbank

northbank123 wrote:We are closer to Palace in 16th than we are to Chelsea. Shouldn't be surprised but that is appalling.

Team of snowflakes have seen far,far worse Arsenal teams but this lot are gutless and reflect the man in charge of them full of excuses

Post by 1989 »

More embarrassment to come fellas. We still got Stoke away, Everton, ManU and Spurs away plus the cup semi against City to come.

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Carragher's analysis of the first goal is hilarious where he counts the number of times Gabriel shits himself looking where Benteke is!!
The rendition of not being fit to wear the shirt takes things to another level and well done Geoff Shreeve for making Wenger exceptionally uncomfortable

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

armchair wrote:Walcott says Palace wanted it more.
Kroenke is a fucking twat. Lets see:
LA Rams = suck, one of the worst teams for the last 20 years in the NFL.
Denver Nuggets = suck. missed the playoffs yet again, and consistently one of the worst teams in the NBA.
Colorado Avalanche = suck. worst team in the NHL

Kroenke doesnt have standards other than to make him a profit.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Look....overall I think they produced the performance WE wanted :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

This was pathetic again. In 60 odd years supporting this club I'd put this right up in the top 3 worst performances. There were a couple of games in 1968 that were even worse. Don't remember the details !!.
Our 'two captains' are probably our worst players, so where is the inspiration coming from. Our two so called 'stars 7 & 11' were also bad tonight along with most of the others. Can't see us winning again this year playing like this.
Palace showed tonight what a bit of bottle can produce on the field. Good luck to them. I still love the club but it's hard to love this team + this manager. :barscarf: :barscarf:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Just seen the result....not surprised or bothered....cannot understand what happened to our super new Captain though...Wally?

villej

Post by villej »

1989 wrote:More embarrassment to come fellas. We still got Stoke away, Everton, ManU and Spurs away plus the cup semi against City to come.
Dont forget Southampton away. A guaranteed defeat also.