Tony Adams - Granada CF Head Coach

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Tony Adams - Granada CF Head Coach

Post by DB10GOONER »

Sean wrote:Thank fuck someone responded. Otherwise I'd have had the :moderator: Vanity Thread :moderator: police in here :barscarf:
I'm gonna give you a single mod vanity prod - close one, Sean... :moderator:

:barscarf: :D :wink:

MrT

Post by MrT »

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

MrT wrote:Image
Not hard to see what Carragher was on about when he kept banging on about "Arsenal's centre halves for the last ten years" after Monday's debacle.

Imagine Adams letting somebody like Walcott takethe armband off him for a huge game like Chelsea because it was his birthday or whatever fucking nonsense reason it was.

Awful manager but you would absolutely kill for a bloke like this in your team.

Sean

Post by Sean »

Is anyone watching Tony's first game in charge? Granada kick off against Celta Vigo in 30 minutes :barscarf:

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

Sean wrote:Is anyone watching Tony's first game in charge? Granada kick off against Celta Vigo in 30 minutes :barscarf:
Unfortunately, I am.

Despite playing Celta's reserves, GCF's loan players, who know that, stay up or go down, they won't be here next year, clearly don't give much of a toss.
It's a walk in the park for Celta at the moment.

Sean

Post by Sean »

Lost 3-0 :banghead:

Granada conceded midway through the first half from a poor clearance to a through ball, with defenders out of position; seemed familiar somehow. Their passes weren't connecting much. Tony was on the touchline all the time, from what I could see. With his glasses, he looked a little Klopp-ish. Granada were also toothless up front; a bloke actually named Ponce pussied out of a one on one and tried to pass it. No shots on target in the first half. Also somehow familiar...

Celta's reserves already started with a bit of keep-ball in the second half. Granada threatened a bit on the hour mark, but had no luck, hitting the crossbar midway through the second half and keeping some pressure on for ten minutes, but then Celta killed the game by scoring a free kick in off the crossbar to make it two; then soon after, a third on a breakaway and a wonder strike. Such a shame. The Granada support started Ole-ing Celta's passes and the stadium started emptying. Granada were unlucky not to get a consolation goal a few minutes before the end. On the final whistle, the fans were in uproar, but then the stream cut out.

I was hoping to see something different from what's been happening at the Arsenal since the end of January, yet I see more of the same stuff, albeit further down the table.

Granada are surely down. Even draws aren't anywhere near good enough for them to stay up. Why must Tony further damage his reputation by doing this? He only wants to be a manager or a consultant-type, not a coach or an assistant, which he is probably more suited to, seeing as he was well-rated when working with Redknapp at Portsmouth :(

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

The top image there is disgusting, fucking criminally disgraceful, embarrassing, and stomach turning. :oops: :roll: :censored: :puke:

The Big Cowardly Vagina is a fucking disgrace. :twisted: :x Six foot six inches (which according to augie automatically makes you strong and powerful :lol: :wink: ) and he cowers like a fucking prison rape victim on their first visit to a public toilet.... :oops: :oops: :roll: :censored:

If I was his boss I would have sacked the cúnt the first time he cowered out of a header like that. :twisted: :box:

Which was about 9 or 10 occasions earlier than the one pictured, if memory serves... :oops: :roll:

The bottom image is quality. Everyone of those Gunners in that wall is thinking "Don't break my cock but you can take my head off if need be!" Except for TA6. He's willing to lose even his cock for the cause. :shock:

:barscarf: 8)

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Anyone see the video of Adams' first coaching session? it is taken out of context maybe but he is running back and forth left and right waving his hands about, its embarrassing :oops:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

MrT wrote:Image

FUCKING WELL SAID......

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

DB10GOONER wrote:Image

The top image there is disgusting, fucking criminally disgraceful, embarrassing, and stomach turning. :oops: :roll: :censored: :puke:

The Big Cowardly Vagina is a fucking disgrace. :twisted: :x Six foot six inches (which according to augie automatically makes you strong and powerful :lol: :wink: ) and he cowers like a fucking prison rape victim on their first visit to a public toilet.... :oops: :oops: :roll: :censored:

If I was his boss I would have sacked the cúnt the first time he cowered out of a header like that. :twisted: :box:

Which was about 9 or 10 occasions earlier than the one pictured, if memory serves... :oops: :roll:

The bottom image is quality. Everyone of those Gunners in that wall is thinking "Don't break my cock but you can take my head off if need be!" Except for TA6. He's willing to lose even his cock for the cause. :shock:

:barscarf: 8)
I think Caprice may well have got there first :rubchin: :sex2: :sex2:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

flash gunner wrote:Anyone see the video of Adams' first coaching session? it is taken out of context maybe but he is running back and forth left and right waving his hands about, its embarrassing :oops:
Thought I had posted a reply on this but have been known to fuck up :lol:

Yes I did see it and yes he is as mad as a box of frogs but as a true legend, fantastic captain and player for The Arsenal I will overlook that :lol:

Tbf when he was interviewed and before he spoke my first thought was of Joey Barton and Steve McLaren and I was just waiting for a Manuel from fawlty towers type impression :lol:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
flash gunner wrote:Anyone see the video of Adams' first coaching session? it is taken out of context maybe but he is running back and forth left and right waving his hands about, its embarrassing :oops:

Yes I did see it and yes he is as mad as a box of frogs but as a true legend, fantastic captain and player for The Arsenal I will overlook that :lol:

Tbf when he was interviewed and before he spoke my first thought was of Joey Barton and Steve McLaren and I was just waiting for a Manuel from fawlty towers type impression :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:

:lol: :lol:

I was shocked he didn't do a... 'ow yoo say... Shoóey Le Bartón... :oops: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

It looked mad as fuck (and is taken out of context as you say) but the running from side to side was him showing the defenders how to jockey position to put the attacker where they want him. Seen loads of coaches and managers do it over the years.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

DB10GOONER wrote:
It looked mad as fuck (and is taken out of context as you say) but the running from side to side was him showing the defenders how to jockey position to put the attacker where they want him. Seen loads of coaches and managers do it over the years.
Box of frogs, mate. Box of frogs. :D