BORO AWAY THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
cameron326

Re: BORO AWAY THREAD

Post by cameron326 »

Could see a narrow win before the game. Our lot a bit less shit than their total shit, but added struggle for us being away from home. Anyway, a narrow win against a team that'll do well to finish top half of the Championship next season. I don't blame the players though, many are playing at their ability level - bang average - and under a tactical dinosaur of a manager.

Babu

Post by Babu »

xisstential wrote:Players behaving like they've won the league.
the race for 4th is on again...

we changed the personell
we changed the tactics
we changed the formation

good for the confidence
we stepped up
we took responsibility
we had to get back to the basics
100% committed
great Honour to play for a team like Arsenal
we got the 3 points
first time we played 3-4-3, but we are intelligent
we are happy with the result
we gave a proper defensive performance
we defended really well
commitment was everything
fans mean everything
we gave them 3 points
massive Club, keep fighting for the Club...

blah, blah

FFS, it was MIDDLESBORO

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Win our game in hand and we're only 15 points off Chelsea who are wobbling :barscarf:

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

StuartL wrote:
Topside Northbank wrote:Martian Keown-Not 5 live-Not official 2nd half :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: Add any AKB

52 mins-Negredo equalizer Arsene would of warned them about that.....the fact the first game was 0-0 at the Emirates is testament to Arsene's European nous if this was a champions league semi final Arsenal would be heading through on away goals,you have to give Arsene credit for that.

70 mins-Ozil with a quality finish,great response from Arsenal,Arsene has to take a lot of credit for that the 4 away defeats on the trot a blip.It makes you think if Arsenal had 10 games in hand on the top 2 they would be seriously worried.

90 mins-Sanchez and Ozil off,you have to give credit to Arsene with those changes looking towards the future the most important signing will be his.There will be a lot of what if's in the camp tonight those same players that have come to a difficult away ground and won.Arsene has revolutionized the club the diet ask those guys in 1980 a 5-0 defeat.....I can tell you know many of them in their 50's now would not get into this Arsenal side....You have to give Arsene credit and time :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

:D
I'm.enjoying Martin's not official or live comments - can you make them a regular feature please :barscarf:
Martian Keown-Not 5 live-Not official post match analysis

You look at the table tonight and so many what if's will be going through Arsene's head...57 points,turn those numbers around and it would be 75 same point's as Chelsea....it's fine margin's and minor issues that would make the league table look very different.The boss always analysis the table,statistically it will hard from here.I can admit that as an Arsenal man. :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

ON the semi final

You have to think Arsene has the experience of coming from behind in these sorts of situation but the league he will be frustrated at the position they are in...the semi final Man City will be worried also the fact the distraction of the champions league has been denied Arsene and even to an extent Arsenal this year.He has managed to negotiate the sort of opposition many in the premier league wouldn't of come up against in Sutton and Lincoln.Pep would be wary of Arsene he will give them a game plan and it's a competition that Pep has never won,Arsene win's the comparison between them hands down. :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

Topside Northbank wrote:
StuartL wrote:
Topside Northbank wrote:Martian Keown-Not 5 live-Not official 2nd half :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: Add any AKB

52 mins-Negredo equalizer Arsene would of warned them about that.....the fact the first game was 0-0 at the Emirates is testament to Arsene's European nous if this was a champions league semi final Arsenal would be heading through on away goals,you have to give Arsene credit for that.

70 mins-Ozil with a quality finish,great response from Arsenal,Arsene has to take a lot of credit for that the 4 away defeats on the trot a blip.It makes you think if Arsenal had 10 games in hand on the top 2 they would be seriously worried.

90 mins-Sanchez and Ozil off,you have to give credit to Arsene with those changes looking towards the future the most important signing will be his.There will be a lot of what if's in the camp tonight those same players that have come to a difficult away ground and won.Arsene has revolutionized the club the diet ask those guys in 1980 a 5-0 defeat.....I can tell you know many of them in their 50's now would not get into this Arsenal side....You have to give Arsene credit and time :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

:D
I'm.enjoying Martin's not official or live comments - can you make them a regular feature please :barscarf:
Martian Keown-Not 5 live-Not official post match analysis

You look at the table tonight and so many what if's will be going through Arsene's head...57 points,turn those numbers around and it would be 75 same point's as Chelsea....it's fine margin's and minor issues that would make the league table look very different.The boss always analysis the table,statistically it will hard from here.I can admit that as an Arsenal man. :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

ON the semi final

You have to think Arsene has the experience of coming from behind in these sorts of situation but the league he will be frustrated at the position they are in...the semi final Man City will be worried also the fact the distraction of the champions league has been denied Arsene and even to an extent Arsenal this year.He has managed to negotiate the sort of opposition many in the premier league wouldn't of come up against in Sutton and Lincoln.Pep would be wary of Arsene he will give them a game plan and it's a competition that Pep has never won,Arsene win's that comparison between them hands down. :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

Herd

Post by Herd »

We won it was better but boro were crap

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

2 things Holding looks a great player for the future and Sky have had a meeting and told Jamie he went too far. Maybe Arsenal got in touch who knows but something behind the scenes has happened. I've no issue with what he said last week.

General

Post by General »

Defending for Boro goal was carbon copy of first goal against Everton. Kroenke obviously forgot to tell them on the training pitch that they have to try and stop crosses from wide areas. Monreal gives Downing all the space in the world to embark on a Messi like run, allows him to get on his stronger foot to cross. Koscielny then proceeds to do his best impression of Jakie Chan. :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

supergeorgegraham wrote:2 things Holding looks a great player for the future and Sky have had a meeting and told Jamie he went too far. Maybe Arsenal got in touch who knows but something behind the scenes has happened. I've no issue with what he said last week.

Don't anyone ever tell me again that the rat face Neville c.unt is a good pundit - the amount of sucking on wenkers cock he has done is unbelievable, and the disrespect that he continually shows Gooners that want wenker out, is totally unacceptable and he should have been pulled into line by sky over this a long time ago :evil: :evil: I will fcuking guarantee you that he wouldnt disrespect the victims fans like this, cos they would kick up a right stink and the issue would be debated by the government :roll:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

augie wrote:
supergeorgegraham wrote:2 things Holding looks a great player for the future and Sky have had a meeting and told Jamie he went too far. Maybe Arsenal got in touch who knows but something behind the scenes has happened. I've no issue with what he said last week.

Don't anyone ever tell me again that the rat face Neville c.unt is a good pundit - the amount of sucking on wenkers cock he has done is unbelievable, and the disrespect that he continually shows Gooners that want wenker out, is totally unacceptable and he should have been pulled into line by sky over this a long time ago :evil: :evil: I will fcuking guarantee you that he wouldnt disrespect the victims fans like this, cos they would kick up a right stink and the issue would be debated by the government :roll:
He fucking hates Arsenal. Of course he does, just like any Arsenal player from the same era would hate United.

If Wenger was United manager he'd have been fiercely calling for his head years and years ago.

Anybody who thinks Neville is any different from any other populist short-sighted Sky wanker should look at his comments after the miracle of St James Park in 2013. Spouted all of the extremist AKB bollocks about Wenger building the stadium single-handedly etc.

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

rodders999 wrote:7 points off fourth with a game in hand.....believe :barscarf:
:D :D
I'm gonna miss you Rodders when this club eventually kills us all!!

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

I used to respect Neville as a pundit but he has crossed a line with his comments about Arsenal fans..How many years did he play for Man Utd and hear their fans belt out the vile paedo....song?
Why didn't he speak out then? Why didn't he and his team-mates call stop? Why wasn't respect for Wenger important then? He needs to be asked that... He is on Twitter so let's do it..
Last edited by Bradywasking on Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... tCRIbWT7bU

Go to the last minutes and hear what the Ox has to say

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

So another win against a relegation threatened team and all is right in the world..Wasn't convinced by the new formation last night..The two "wing backs" had lots of freedom to attack but they, especially Ox, looked all over the place defensively... Holding played well, Kos was dreadful for their goal, left foot cross from the right was only going one place..The striker knew that but the defender didn't..
Ramsey surprised me for Ozil's goal, normally Ramsey would have tried and failed with some impossible overhead kick there.. Sanchez lost a lot of possession.. It was a win but for me the turning point was ' Boro bringing on Traore, Downing had Monreal up a stick by cutting inside, Monreal couldn't cope.. Traore, one touch apart, was brainless..

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... tCRIbWT7bU

Go to the last minutes and hear what the Ox has to say
Might be genuine or might just be trying to promote his image. Don't really care. As Carragher said last week, do it on the fucking pitch.